VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

arioh7

Dec 2, 2017
Great game, hot arts and I am loving the many meaningful choices, but could not get into it because of MC face. She looks like a reptiloid and more "hotter and sexier" she gets more she creeps me out. Which is weird because all other girls are hot/beautiful/cute, and only the protagonist is looking like a surprised gecko. And I just can not unsee it.

Reactions: Kali_K

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Great game, hot arts and I am loving the many meaningful choices, but could not get into it because of MC face. She looks like a reptiloid and more "hotter and sexier" she gets more she creeps me out. Which is weird because all other girls are hot/beautiful/cute, and only the protagonist is looking like a surprised gecko. And I just can not unsee it.
That is kindof the joke. She is a Plain Jane because she is the daughter of your average Harem protagonist MC. (Confirmed by Blackweb) This is also probably why she seems to be geneticly predisposed to attract women, despite having almost no experience on the subject. Harper actually goes so far as to comment on how unremarkable Viv is as far as looks and grades go, but admits to being drawn to her anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: bacienvu88
Dec 7, 2020
Vivian's face doesn't convince everyone, but I personally like it.

Regarding the game, it has always had a lot of possible story branches, and some are really confusing and unintuitive to get to, because certain seemingly trivial decisions can change the story a lot when combined with other decisions. It must be hard to maintain the internal logic of all that number of linked choices, and I'm not surprised that the author is trying to organize it better.

I hope that over time the game will continue, it's a game I like a lot.

Last edited:

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Vivian's face doesn't convince everyone, but I personally like it.

Regarding the game, it has always had a lot of possible story branches, and some are really confusing and unintuitive to get to, because certain seemingly trivial decisions can change the story a lot when combined with other decisions. It must be hard to maintain the internal logic of all that number of linked choices, and I'm not surprised that the author is trying to organize it better.

I hope that over time the game will continue, it's a game I like a lot.
Most of these dramas can be traced to if you help Evelyne or not. You interacting with her triggers Harper into accelerating her plan to woo/claim Viv for herself. If you completely reject helping Evelyne, Harper goes with her original plan of seducing her slowly rather than having the subtlety of a sledgehammer...

Reactions: Mistress Elizabeth

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
Most of these dramas can be traced to if you help Evelyne or not. You interacting with her triggers Harper into accelerating her plan to woo/claim Viv for herself. If you completely reject helping Evelyne, Harper goes with her original plan of seducing her slowly rather than having the subtlety of a sledgehammer...
I think it goes deeper that that, take the Mom depending on choices you can
1) Not have sex and move out
2) Have drunken sex as your first time
3) Go to party with her and have sex in hotel as your first time
4) Go on a dinner date with her and have sex with her as your first time
5) Go to party with Evelyn and have threesome sex as your first time
6) Deliberately or not, avoid the Mom sex routes altogether (and there's hints that route is not closed off so there'll be opportunity to have sex with her later)

That's a lot of choices, most games would probably have two options (sex or not) - it's one of the reasons why I love this game and really hope this is just a pause and it comes back with more frequent updates.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
6) Deliberately or not, avoid the Mom sex routes altogether (and there's hints that route is not closed off so there'll be opportunity to have sex with her later)

That's a lot of choices, most games would probably have two options (sex or not) - it's one of the reasons why I love this game and really hope this is just a pause and it comes back with more frequent updates.
Believe it or not, Blackweb actually suggested the ultimate choice we may be making with some promo art. So you may only be covering half the story.

(ARE YOU A MOMMY'S GIRL, OR TEACHER'S PET?)

Dec 7, 2020
Yeah, I remember that choice being very important, but I also remember other big choices like what you do at that party where Viv's mom is making a business deal, where you can make a lot of different choices and get a lot of different outcomes. The game's possible choice combinations are quite complex.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021

7) Invite Eva to live at home and watch Mom and Eva have sex.

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
Believe it or not, Blackweb actually suggested the ultimate choice we may be making with some promo art. So you may only be covering half the story.

(ARE YOU A MOMMY'S GIRL, OR TEACHER'S PET?)
Though even then that'd just be the submissive route

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Though even then that'd just be the submissive route
I'd be surprised if Viv ever becomes the domme of either Harper or Mom. Can't see them submit to anyone (except Tara), let alone Viv.

But I will love it if Viv does succeed in taming either of them. :sneaky:
Dominant or submissive, you are still considered Harper's bitch by her. She even subtly says it in Dominant route.
What Harper does in the Dom route is to constantly test Viv on her dom-iness. Harper doesn't mind teaching Viv to be a domme. She probably even find it to be fun. But at the same time she will take any opportunity to make Viv her sub. So if Viv doesn't constantly assert herself she will quickly get on the receiving end.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
I'd be surprised if Viv ever becomes the domme of either Harper or Mom. Can't see them submit to anyone (except Tara), let alone Viv.

But I will love it if Viv does succeed in taming either of them. :sneaky:

What Harper does in the Dom route is to constantly test Viv on her dom-iness. Harper doesn't mind teaching Viv to be a domme. She probably even find it to be fun. But at the same time she will take any opportunity to make Viv her sub. So if Viv doesn't constantly assert herself she will quickly get on the receiving end.
This statement is actually challenged by Tera. She alludes to you that Harper has no intention of bringing out your full potential because her ego demands you remain lesser than her. (Pretty much another toy to her.)

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes