VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
milking, just milking

Cut the dev some slack on this one, if you played followed the game before you would know there were to many choices and the longer the game went on the harder it was to make sense of it. It would have 100% been abandoned because it would have drove the dev crazy to keep making updates for it.

Its a good story even tho i dislike reworks as much as the next im glad to see this one back on track.

JohnPaxson

Feb 23, 2018
Cut the dev some slack on this one, if you played followed the game before you would know there were to many choices and the longer the game went on the harder it was to make sense of it. It would have 100% been abandoned because it would have drove the dev crazy to keep making updates for it.

Its a good story even tho i dislike reworks as much as the next im glad to see this one back on track.
I'm totally with you. I even stopped playing the game because there were to many choices. I'm someone who loves to play every path with different saves, so I got frustrated in keeping track and I knew somewhere on the line the dev will get frustrated too. So I'm glad to hear that the game got a rework and the amount of path's will get reduced. I will wait another update or two but I'm definetly going to play it again.

Reactions: hadbla

Pathalfurt

Sep 9, 2018
Did You downgrade this game?? Wasn't it around 0.5 something?? Now 0.2? Don't even remember when i saw last update on this game.. Half a year ago?? A year ago?? More?? Still.. Might wait several years more before downloading it.. Since this game hardly has any story at all.. With each new update came like minute or little more content after a year or so.

Also since i'm already writing here.. Just happened to be here.. Where the hell have all the good games gone to?? Some new releases and awful shit games are released every day.. All the good ones are getting abandoned?? Or were they put off for a long, long time before they get on hold status and then abandoned??

Osider

RedHead
Donor
Sep 23, 2019
Was sure it was abandonned good luck for the rework :)
Will wait to have the rework done and some new content.

Kontralta

Sep 28, 2023
The plot started from the beginning again, did I understand correctly? And now we have to wait for the game to catch up with the previous version, and only then will the plot continue? Well damn.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018

yeah, i would agree on that if dev put it on hold and freeze payments. but from the very beginning, after initial good respons by patrons, dev started to slow down with updates. when 2nd game was introduced updates became even less frequent. and that goes for 2nd game too. every damn time when any dev starts new game while old one is still work in progress, it never ends well. neither with reworks.
it is usually done to keep money comming and/or creative crisis and technical issues. with highly supported games it is mostly about money.

Reactions: sharpys and Grelk

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
WTH I thought the rework was the prior game with just one more added scene, but instead it seems the Dev added a new scene to the old version of the game and the rework is nowhere near the stopping point of the old version. So wasted time and effort adding a scene to what is the old abandoned version of the game. :cautious:

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
Just learned the variables are case sensitive, there is an instance of "vibe" being "Vibe" instead of "vibe" making it default to dildo regardless of what you choose the first time Vivian masturbates with the toy. BlackWebGames

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Just learned the variables are case sensitive, there is an instance of "vibe" being "Vibe" instead of "vibe" making it default to dildo regardless of what you choose the first time Vivian masturbates with the toy. BlackWebGames
I've posted a hotfix above. I reported to the thread but I don't think they changed anything in the op.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I would had swore I downloaded the hotfix but then I got an error I had seen someone else comment about so that can't be true. Thanks though
Sorry to ask but to be sure , the 1st posted hot fix have been wrong but the 2nd in the same place work fine for PC which DDoS0.2.1b

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
What the fuck happened to Vivian's face?! She was cute as Hell but now it seemed she has a... resting bitch face? I don't know how to call it, but its look significantly worst. While the other faces seemed to be similar and still fine, Vivian got some terrible changes to it.

Overall this is a let down, it keep saying missing imgs, and the length was much shorter than described in the changes note, it was said to make it to Rebecca's party, but it ended before the sleepover even happened, which I feel is well before the party.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes