VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
I would had swore I downloaded the hotfix but then I got an error I had seen someone else comment about so that can't be true. Thanks though
Sorry to ask but to be sure , the 1st posted hot fix have been wrong but the 2nd in the same place work fine for PC which DDoS0.2.1b

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
What the fuck happened to Vivian's face?! She was cute as Hell but now it seemed she has a... resting bitch face? I don't know how to call it, but its look significantly worst. While the other faces seemed to be similar and still fine, Vivian got some terrible changes to it.

Overall this is a let down, it keep saying missing imgs, and the length was much shorter than described in the changes note, it was said to make it to Rebecca's party, but it ended before the sleepover even happened, which I feel is well before the party.

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
I've posted a hotfix above. I reported to the thread but I don't think they changed anything in the op.
I recommend that in situations like this where there are only two options you use vibe = True and vibe = False instead of toy = "vibe" and toy = "dildo"
Also you should use a spell checker. I ran one and found around 50 words that were spelled wrong.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I recommend that in situations like this where there are only two options you use vibe = True and vibe = False instead of toy = "vibe" and toy = "dildo"
Also you should use a spell checker. I ran one and found around 50 words that were spelled wrong.
Yes, unless I later want to make changes, or add additional options. or build on variables in the future then you have to make new variables or break everyone's saves. Ask me how I know.

I wrote all of this in word using that spell checker, then used Grammarly, copied it over to google used the spell checker in that and when it was all done did one last spell check using the python spell checker just for extra measure. I know I don't spell good but I do not see what more I can do at this point.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
What the fuck happened to Vivian's face?! She was cute as Hell but now it seemed she has a... resting bitch face? I don't know how to call it, but its look significantly worst. While the other faces seemed to be similar and still fine, Vivian got some terrible changes to it.

Overall this is a let down, it keep saying missing imgs, and the length was much shorter than described in the changes note, it was said to make it to Rebecca's party, but it ended before the sleepover even happened, which I feel is well before the party.
Some people bitched to the dev saying that Viv wasn't pretty enough for them so they weren't going to play the game. The dev decided to change her look in order to appease people who weren't even interested in the game...

The errors seem to be from the dev trying to get the game out at an arbitrary date. I feel there wouldn't have been so many errors if they would have just took their time. There's a hot fix but I don't know if the base game has been updated.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Yes, unless I later want to make changes, or add additional options. or build on variables in the future then you have to make new variables or break everyone's saves. Ask me how I know.

I wrote all of this in word using that spell checker, then used Grammarly, copied it over to google used the spell checker in that and when it was all done did one last spell check using the python spell checker just for extra measure. I know I don't spell good but I do not see what more I can do at this point.
That's why these bot services will never beat a living beta reader/editor. They make suggestions that are suboptimal at times. That's why you've gotta have someone look over the computer suggestions.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Some people bitched to the dev saying that Viv wasn't pretty enough for them so they weren't going to play the game. The dev decided to change her look in order to appease people who weren't even interested in the game...
yes a lot of people did complain, but the reason I changed it was a bug issue in the Gen8. I had installed a character that would automatically apply the morph to any character when loaded. It was in the background and did not show up on a casual search. i did a lot of custom changes to get Viv to look the way I wanted but when I later found the bug and removed the morph so it would stop effecting other characters it really messed up Vivian's face. I tried to recreate her face but I felt it always looked worse then the original. So after several months of trail and error I just scrapped her entire model and started from scratch, using the mom's face model as a template as I felt they never looked enough alike originally. I actually think at the end of the day the redesign is pretty faithful to the original.

viv baseg.png Day01Glasses.png

ohmz

Feb 6, 2021
I don't know what went wrong but word shouldn't be missing the kind of simple typos I found. If you are interested is what I used to quickly find and fix the misspellings.

Reactions: BlackWebGames

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
yes a lot of people did complain, but the reason I changed it was a bug issue in the Gen8. I had installed a character that would automatically apply the morph to any character when loaded. It was in the background and did not show up on a casual search. i did a lot of custom changes to get Viv to look the way I wanted but when I later found the bug and removed the morph so it would stop effecting other characters it really messed up Vivian's face. I tried to recreate her face but I felt it always looked worse then the original. So after several months of trail and error I just scrapped her entire model and started from scratch, using the mom's face model as a template as I felt they never looked enough alike originally. I actually think at the end of the day the redesign is pretty faithful to the original.

View attachment 3330079 View attachment 3330084
I've always heard how certain bugs in the code are actually necessary in order for a game to work i guess this is one of those times. Surprised that there isn't a way to apply the morph bug to just one character.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019

The errors seem to be from the dev trying to get the game out at an arbitrary date. I feel there wouldn't have been so many errors if they would have just took their time. There's a hot fix but I don't know if the base game has been updated.
Viv not pretty enough... and that was the solution? She looks worst, how can the solution to complain about how supposedly not being pretty enough is lowering even further her appearance? Urgh. Seriously the character was supposed to be a more well nerdy girl, with a more cute appearance that overtime turned hotter if you went that way, now its gone in favor to trying to make her look hotter from the very start?

Well the problem I'd have first is she looks a decade older, taking her Mom's face as basis just aged her significantly, she looks like a mature woman trying to look younger, which is the opposite if anything to the character's development, where she is supposed to be young and make herself look a bit mature with makeup and clothes later on. Her eyes in particular looks off to me.

Now I understand their were circumstances for the change but damn, at this point basing her on the daughter from MLS, or one of the princesses from that other fantasy story might actually have been a better idea.

As of looking like her mother, let me tell you something, I have 2 siblings, neither of us looks all that much like our parents, we have some traits maybe from one or the other, we might have some more traits that look more from one than the other, but largely I doubt any of us look like our parents and the appearance isn't based on a gender match, I look a bit more like my father, my younger sister looks not really like either, and my younger brother (half-sibling) looks a bit more like his mother.

Last edited:

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Viv not pretty enough... and that was the solution? She looks worst, how can the solution to complain about how supposedly not being pretty enough is lowering even further her appearance? Urgh. Seriously the character was supposed to be a more well nerdy girl, with a more cute appearance that overtime turned hotter if you went that way, now its gone in favor to making her look like crap while supposedly I guess trying to look hotter from the very start?

I hate it when Devs feel the need to try to appeal to people that clearly have no real interest in the characters and story to begin with and are merely there to make themselves feels 'big' by exerting pressure on the Devs and seeing them bend over for their requests.
Viv being plain is intended. It's because she's the MC of a harem game. It's a common aesthetic that the MC is plain af, yet has some wierd charisma to draw women way out of their league... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Alley_Cat

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
Loved this game since the inception.
Still love the game (I hope. I haven't played much of the newest version so far.)

That said, I want to provide some (hopefully constructive) feedback:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, that's just my opinion of the very very early opening of the game.

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Loved this game since the inception.
Still love the game (I hope. I haven't played much of the newest version so far.)

That said, I want to provide some (hopefully constructive) feedback:

Anyway, that's just my opinion of the very very early opening of the game.
I appreciate the feedback. I honestly never thought of the Ren'py thing and as such never looked into how to change it. I'll see what it entails and will probably do something about it for the next update.

As for the opening I don't know what to tell you. I can say that it is about 500 words shorter than the original so its not any longer than the old version. And I really don't know what to do with you not reading what is going on then being confused as to what is going on. There isn't a lot I can do there. This game is a visual novel in the literal use of the word. I use images to enhance the narrative especially when it comes to the sex scenes. But the story is told primarily through text. The difference between this and an actual book is that the player can shape the path of the narrative through their choices. Choices that will sometimes have a lot of impact and other times have very little. Just like in real life we don't always know what impact the decisions we make will have. Sometimes we do.

Vivian's arc for the most part is a journey of self discovery. Yes, she is not super beautiful at the start of the game. She has messy hair, does not wear makeup and her clothes are not very flattering on her. Nor does she really know what she wants with her life. So she is going to use the last summer she has to explore and find herself. You can pick 3 ways to guide that at the start. Cut loose and live it up, try to have romance, or be responsible and purpose driven. And that also goes towards her sexuality. she has costed through life just doing the minimum of what is expected of her and that includes relationships. But as she experiences more things she begins to learn about herself and what she likes and doesn't like.

In some playthroughs she will find that she likes being assertive and in control, and in others she will find she likes other people who are assertive and controlling towards her.
some playthroughs she will fall in love with her mother, and in others the idea of incest disgusts her. Some she will have one girlfriend, others she will have many and in others she will have flings but nothing serious and simply fleeting.

I will do my best to craft a character and a personality. I encourage everyone to try and get into her head and pick the choice that you think she would do in that situation. See how it plays out. Then maybe later go back and choose something different and see how that plays out. Will things change will they stay the same.

I don't like game overs, and I don't punish players for making the 'wrong' choice. However there will be consequences for your actions and in this game and in the real world, life moves on no matter what you choose.

But I will say this for everyone here, this is a lesbian game. There won't be any futa content and any straight content will be avoidable and for narrative, story reasons only. Yes this is a game but this a living breathing world and it has men in it.

Jan 8, 2024
Played the Remake and it was fresh enough for me to realy read/play it again, not just skippig (mostly).
Though lots of missing graphics (errors: not found). Same scenes for dildo&vibrator is a bug also I assume?
"Intro" is shorter and I like this more, as I'm more interested in the lewd aspects of such VN! Else I would consume comics or read a real book.
And it is a skill to use distinct engough language to have short sentences that are able to have it all, to tell whats goging on. ... I also lack the skill to be succinctly with my words. :cool:

What I'd ask is what ressources it consumes Dev to Remake instead of progress the VN...

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
You do all that and yet there is still quite a lot of typos, I don't know why. But you need a human proofreader.

I like the remake, Viv looks different but it's just a matter of getting used to it. I'm looking forward to the next parts.

Reactions: afterlights

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020

View attachment 3330079 View attachment 3330084
Head looks like an egg.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
To be honest, I liked the old Viv and Tara better, but I like the new Des and Eva better in this new version of the game.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes