VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Lady Alexa

Oct 21, 2022
Hello BlackWebGames,

I like your game very much, though I am not into incest, so I will probably skip the part with Vivian mother. The game is great and I just played again the new version. Images are good and the writing is excellent. But I still found some typos, grammar errors and coding errors. This concern the chapter 1. But first a warning, English is not my first language, so there may always be expressions you are using that I am not familiar with. I hope that this is welcome, and will be used to improve the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lady Alexa

Oct 21, 2022
Hello,

I just finished Chapter 2. It is quite short for now, so there less typos. Here are the ones I found. I guess there are more typos in the game. I didn't play all the pathes and I probably also missed some typos. I also find that some sentences are awkward in both chapters, maybe too long or with too few commas. But as English is not my first language, I didn't tell about those sentences.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Dunno if it's of interest to anyone but I've invested a bit of my time into creating flow chart for myself to keep up with the game logic in the 0.48 compressed test build by going through the script itself and tracking all the variables.

It's missing the final branches, is ugly, large (~1.4Mb), has probably some errors and has no information about specific scenes (some may be deduced by the choice of variable names) but I think I'll share it before the effort goes to waste.
Please don't be fooled though - the amount of alternative dialog based on decisions is astounding and not reflected in this chart.

P.S.: Just wanna say great game BlackWebGames and compliments for taming that beast of a story tree. There were a few things related to the game logic I've noticed in the script files. Might be a little late for feedback though with the new version on the horizon but could PM (if that's even possible on f95, dunno) you the findings if you'd like.
Anyhow: Best of luck for the future. View attachment 1077214
Please Modder on duty KoGa3 style, could anyone make a mod style guide like you do for other games for this game, because look how it has 500 paths to follow, it would be easier with your mods because then we would know where to save to continue another branch, please from the bottom of my heart I ask, because I know your work is really cool

Games&Games

May 7, 2023
Hey guys i hope you all are fine
Guys in this post i will like to share my Windows gallery mod link.Using which you all can access gallery.
i had added a zip. You just need to extract and copy/cut all files and place inside main game folder . Just replace these with originals
Thank you
This mod gallery is giving me an error when I enter the gallery

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
any news?
Not since Feb

I hope I'm wrong but I think this is gradually dying (and sadly I think MLS may also join it). Its generally a kiss of death for a game when it stops for a while, only to be remade - perhaps because devs are losing interest or struggling for inspiration to get past a particular issue.

If it is, that'd be a real shame, as this game was a neglected gem and easily up there with much more popular games such as Good Girl Gone Bad in terms of content and choice

Still, fingers crossed

Last edited:

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Not since Feb

I hope I'm wrong but I think this is gradually dying (and sadly I think MLS may also join it). Its generally a kiss of death for a game when it stops for a while, only to be remade - perhaps because devs are losing interest or struggling for inspiration to get past a particular issue.

If it, that'd be a real shame, as this game was a neglected gem and easily up there with much more popular games such as Good Girl Gone Bad in terms of content and choice

Still, fingers crossed
I hope not please

Bane69

Nov 19, 2017
im sad to say my penis died and im now a eunuch. no man was ever meant to edge that much and not release. i blame the dev a bit but i mostly blame myself. see you space cowboys :cry:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: Nulldev and lnppo

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
What's the difference between Before the Rework and the normal game download?
Mostly he went with the upgraded version of the game's engine which allowed him to have more design features for the models with better graphics. He is also streamlining the wording and the story, which is the reason for reboot. Plus side is the previous version is a good rough draft, so it shouldn't take him years to get caught up.

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes