VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
To be more specific about Tara's activities. She doesn't need to be this super powerful entity that can cast spells encompassing the entire city. Place a few minions in the waterworks and dump some chemicals or pixie dust in the water. Same with food produced in the city. Like bread and pastry. You can influence the whole city. For example put in a spell to turn people gay. Lower the birthrate by decreasing male fertility. Forcing people to use the services of fertility clinics where you can tip the scales in favor of female children. Catch pregnancies in early stages in hospitals and use spells or bio technology to change the sex of the babies. And that are just the rumors that were mentioned in the old version. Influence local or state politicians to change laws and policies to suit her more as I wrote earlier. How far she could go depends only on how dark does Bwg want the games to go. As discussed in the MLS thread.

Last edited:

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Why the hell would Tara get involved with humans in the first place? Consider that she as a supernatural entity could live much longer than humans. If we assume she is a demon, she's basically immortal. And eternity is a very long time. So the answer could be simply boredom. We know she likes sex, toying with people or just observing them. Thus imagine the human world as a game of Sims with New Amsterdam as a Sims neighborhood. ;)
An other answer could be having her own place, where she makes the rules and she is the boss. Instead following others and obeying the laws of her world.

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Okay, let's get to the point then.

1. Did I understand correctly that the remake will not have as many different paths as in the previous version?
2. I don’t know what the rules are here, but wouldn’t it be better to update the reviews, since they don’t apply to the remake?
3. Tara is hot in the new scene, will there be more scenes with her?
It will trim some of the more branching paths yes, and not have it so specific to get certain things. But the broad strokes of what happens will remain the same up until after Rebecca's party. That is where new things will start happening.

The original is still available to play and the reviews are accurate to that build. Also I have no control over the reviews or this thread.

Possibly in this game certainly in future games

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Romenjack

Game Developer
Feb 18, 2018
Why the hell would Tara get involved with humans in the first place? Consider that she as a supernatural entity could live much longer than humans. If we assume she is a demon, she's basically immortal. And eternity is a very long time. So the answer could be simply boredom. We know she likes sex, toying with people or just observing them. Thus imagine the human world as a game of Sims with New Amsterdam as a Sims neighborhood. ;)
An other answer could be having her own place, where she makes the rules and she is the boss. Instead following others and obeying the laws of her world.
Well if she is a succubus then it might be she feeds on the sex from the city. That's why she wants as much sex happening as possible so she can get more powerful.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
Well if she is a succubus then it might be she feeds on the sex from the city. That's why she wants as much sex happening as possible so she can get more powerful.
Then I'd say sex=energy which she could feed on. I think according to Sumerians (or Babylonians?) succubi visit men in their dreams and take their semen and possibly energy(?). In dnd succubi exchange sex for souls. :devilish: I think, especially if she is a succubus, the simplest answer could be that she likes sex. That would still fit with the rest of my theory. And if she's a succubus and really is obliged to gain souls for sex, she may not have bothered for the souls and just wanted sex. Therefore she could have bid her world goodbye and went on her own. Possibly with a bunch of like-minded f(r)iends. And noone would have probably cared if there's a lot of demons in her world. Even if she's not required to get souls, she could have wanted to be her own demon and not be tied down by the rules of her world or obeying it's rulers. If we go with the idea that she can gain energy, not souls by sex, then that could be the reason why she likes sex. Because it tastes good and is filling. :LOL:

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Okay, let's get to the point then.

1. Did I understand correctly that the remake will not have as many different paths as in the previous version?
2. I don’t know what the rules are here, but wouldn’t it be better to update the reviews, since they don’t apply to the remake?
3. Tara is hot in the new scene, will there be more scenes with her?
Apparently it was implied in old version that Tara plans to sleep with Viv once she is "ripe"

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
It's actually established in MLS that Tara was around when the Native Americans showed up and had manipulated the tribe into an openly sexual society. She also seems to be powerful enough to mess with natural laws. Anyone born in her domain will be female. It's implied males are generally the result of men who move to the area to take advantage of the openly sexual females and unique laws.

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
It's actually established in MLS that Tara was around when the Native Americans showed up and had manipulated the tribe into an openly sexual society. She also seems to be powerful enough to mess with natural laws. Anyone born in her domain will be female. It's implied males are generally the result of men who move to the area to take advantage of the openly sexual females and unique laws.
Well, it has been hinted at with the landlady calling Michelle "goddess touched". At the time it immediately occurred to me she could have been talking about Tara. What you're saying would fit with my theory of Tara being active on Earth for some time. But! It doesn't necessarily mean that it was Tara. ;) It could have been an other member of her kind. :) If you read my posts above, I theorized she could have had help and how she could have done what was supposed to have happened. You know I like the idea that there could be supernatural beings walking unnoticed in their world, influencing things behind the scenes. Kind of like in the world of darkness where vampire the masquerade takes place. :)
We had a lengthy discussion on the matter on this thread a long time ago. Where I tried to explain things with "science" but was still heavily leaning towards magic in many instances.

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
Well, it has been hinted at with the landlady calling Michelle "goddess touched". At the time it immediately occurred to me she could have been talking about Tara. What you're saying would fit with my theory of Tara being active on Earth for some time. But! It doesn't necessarily mean that it was Tara. ;) It could have been an other member of her kind. :) If you read my posts above, I theorized she could have had help and how she could have done what was supposed to have happened. You know I like the idea that there could be supernatural beings walking unnoticed in their world, influencing things behind the scenes. Kind of like in the world of darkness where vampire the masquerade takes place. :)
We had a lengthy discussion on the matter on this thread a long time ago. Where I tried to explain things with "science" but was still heavily leaning towards magic in many instances.
Overall, It's heavily implied that Tara is a Demoness/Muse who has played Goddess to this area for centuries. She also seems to see humans as toys and has a seasonal pattern of behavior in the method she plays with them.

Reactions: GokutheG

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: Rework 0.2.1b

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Size 74 MB

Come find me on Discord:

Jul 19, 2020
DDoS was one of the first actually decent erogames I found on here so while I'm glad to have seen it back I'm a little bit sad to see it rebooted (I thought it was just getting a code-clean up? but im not a programmer) since in those couple of years the track record for games getting a reboot before hitting the finish line is, to put it mildly, quite bad.

Hopefully this one will beat the trend, so looking forward to next updates!

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
I stumbled over a small bug in chapter 1 in the sex shop: lifepath is checked for "romance" 3 times and "work" and "live" once each, however lifepath is set to either "Romance", "Work" or "Live" - those checks therefor always return false and you don't see those branches (twice you get the Work-version if you selected "Romance" (Dildo/Vibrator decision), in the discussion with Clara+Tara afterwards you don't see any of the branches regardless of your chosen lifepath).

FrostRabbit7

Aug 20, 2022
I stumbled over a small bug in chapter 1 in the sex shop: lifepath is checked for "romance" 3 times and "work" and "live" once each, however lifepath is set to either "Romance", "Work" or "Live" - those checks therefor always return false and you don't see those branches (twice you get the Work-version if you selected "Romance" (Dildo/Vibrator decision), in the discussion with Clara+Tara afterwards you don't see any of the branches regardless of your chosen lifepath).
Could be those paths aren't made fully yet?
Old version had Harper Romance Route play in a way that Dom and Sub paths were never implemented because it was neglected the most.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
Could be those paths aren't made fully yet?
Old version had Harper Romance Route play in a way that Dom and Sub paths were never implemented because it was neglected the most.
Nah, that variable is set by the first decision, "What did she really want to do?", and those are very short branches that are just there for minor reactivity (let the text reflect your choice - she wanted a part time job, but not this kind of part time job vs live it up, not work vs other interests). Those branches not being reachable is almost certainly the result of accidentally not paying attention to case-sensitivity (been there, done that :ROFLMAO: ).

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
appreciated. Fixing it right now.

Reactions: FrostRabbit7
4.30 star(s) 38 Votes