VN Ren'Py Dog Days of Summer [Rework v0.2.1b] [BlackWeb Games]

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes

GPsarakis

Sep 28, 2019
I think Ms. Harper is pretty hot, it should be interesting to see where it goes with her later on. But who knows how long till we run into her again. That little bit with her in the locker room was getting good.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
First of all, I just want to say that this game is probably one of the best female protag lesbian games around from the standpoint that its characters being gorgeous, the sex scenes are incredibly hot, and having a M/D sex scene just honestly puts this game on a whole different level.

That being said, does anyone else feel like the sheer number of directions this can go in with the different choices is frustratingly difficult? The game's design in this regard is something of a drawback and I've actually lost count of the number of times I've been trying and re-trying to get certain things to go in a certain way and I still somehow end up not being where I wanted to be, and yes, that's with using the walkthrough too. I find it very difficult even to set up different saves for different paths because I still can't really figure out which path is which half the time.
No.
It is very clear on which path i am based on the choices and dialogue between the characters.

The only dificult thing so far is having to wait between the updates since there are too many possible routes. :p

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I've found the routes to be pretty obvious but I play dating sims constantly, this is nothing new.

I learnt long ago to keep route saves to 1 or 2 pages.

The only thing I have difficulty with is figuring out which will be my main.

As a sub I want to play through Harper taking Viv in and domming he but I really liked the scene with Viv and her mother even though incest isn't one of my main kinks. I also really like Eva. The rest i'll play through but one of those needs to be my main.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
The only dificult thing so far is having to wait between the updates since there are too many possible routes.
When we got the mom scene, in may?

For those who are a mother path and not going to a party so it is a long time to wait for the next day.

What we have not yet received:
-Viv go to party with mom
-Viv go to party with mom and Eva.

Then BWG starts making Sunday day(?)

Aug 3, 2017
I think the routes aren't SUPER difficult but it definitely takes multiple tries to get certain specific results. Like, if you like a certain person it's straightforward, but, for example, if you like Ev the most, to get her to move in and get extra scenes you have to do some initially counter-intuitive things.

Which I think is really cool! It makes re-playing a lot of fun because there's all this neat content. But it can get confusing, especially since Ren'py doesn't allow save naming

That said, I'm more worried about the developer than the players. If they can keep up this level of reactivity without burning out then that's awesome, but I certainly wouldn't blame them if they pared things down once we're past the party.

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
its definitely a very ambitious project. That's why BlackWeb needs our support...Staying away from the cesspit that is patron shows conviction..It also makes it difficult to find funding for this project..With all the clouds surrounding patreon And its possible demise...Seems Blackweb saw this coming.

Last edited:

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
Patreon isn't going anywhere.

It's had over 30k new creators join since the whole Covid thing started, it's business is doing well.
Was referring to the law suit. They lost in the U.S. A comedian named Owen Benjamin was banned from Patreon and several of his patrons filed arbitration actions against Patreon. Patreon later sued them. And they lost. They will now be forced to arbirate 100+ claims and pay up to $10,000 per arbitration.. Not to mention other U.S and British commentators..Milo..and Sergan...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Was referring to the law suit. They lost in the U.S. A comedian named Owen Benjamin was banned from Patreon and several of his patrons filed arbitration actions against Patreon. Patreon later sued them. And they lost. They will now be forced to arbirate 100+ claims and pay up to $10,000 per arbitration.. Not to mention other U.S and British commentators..Milo..and Sergan...
Whelp, hadn't seen that.

Stand by for most of the games on here getting abandoned.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
So far as i know the process was still ongoing. A shame, this Owen is one hate mongering piece of shit but Patreon was stupid to change their TOS in the middle of his hate crown arbitration.

Reactions: Trash+Sombra

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So far as i know the process was still ongoing. A shame, this Owen is one hate mongering piece of shit but Patreon was stupid to change their TOS in the middle of his hate crown arbitration.
They fucked up by the looks of it and if they end up shutting down it will cost a lot of creators their income.

Subscribestar or any other crowd funding source won't ever get as big due to lack of payment options used by a lot of us.

I can see a hell of a lot of games getting abandoned. But it's not just adult content creators, there are thousands on there from Youtubers to artists to musicians.

1 fuck up is going to fuck over thousands.

Also see just how twisted some people are in situations like this. A lot of people laughing at Patreon maybe shutting down but showing fuck all regard for the thousands that will lose their income. People relaying on that to pay bills will drop into debt, some will lose homes all the while some sick fucks find it amusing.

Reactions: Trash+Sombra

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
My main point was that Black Web Games uses Subscriber Star without Patreon Which Was based on the SS main page

So why not Patreon?
There are several reasons for this. First being that Patreon has changed many of its funding practices driving up prices and taking more and more of a percentage in order to have the services that were free only a year ago. Practices like these tend to get worse long before they get better if they ever do. And while I am less concerned about making a profit and more just getting the word out there, I hate giving money to that sort of people.

Secondly and probably more importantly, Patreon has been making it more and more difficult for adult content creators. They are constantly changing what is and isn't allowed so they can catch them violating their terms of service and sometimes they don't even bother with that before banning them outright. Most of the time giving little to no justification and rarely giving them an appeal process much less a fair one. Again I see this problem getting worse before better. So if Patreon doesn't want me then I won't use them. Simple as that.

Personally I feel the same..but wish no one using patreon ill intentions. But more importantly Black Web needs our financial support to finish his great story..

BlackWebGames

Dog Days of Summer developer
Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
its definitely a very ambitious project. That's why BlackWeb needs our support...Staying away from the cesspit that is patron shows conviction..It also makes it difficult to find funding for this project..With all the clouds surrounding patreon And its possible demise...Seems Blackweb saw this coming.
I won't go so far as to say I saw this coming but I also wont say I'm surprised. I have little sympathy for patreon as a company as they had been working to screw people over for years now. Between banning people without warning, changing their TOS then retroactively banning people for violating them to outright lying to people when they say we wont ban you for something said or done off the site then turning around and doing exactly that. Worse is their uneven application banning one person for a thing but then not banning others for the same or worse things. And that says nothing for the devs here constantly talking on the dev forums about how patreon keeps basically harassing them trying to find reasons to shut them down, and sometimesnot seeming to bother to find one. The reason their TOS didn't allow class actions and that people had to go to arbitration in the first place is because it was a way of preventing the average person from being able to sue them if they did any of the aforementioned things. So for their way of trying to screw people over yet again coming back to bite them is a little Schadenfreude.
That being said there will be a lot of collateral damage in this for a lot of people who had absolutely nothing to do with it and I do feel bad but there were a lot of people who years ago saw the writing on the walls and started to diversify if not close out their accounts all together, something that is a smart thing to do regardless, and I hope the people who haven't done that yet start doing that now as this legal battle will still take a year or more before anything substantial happens.
However even if this lawsuit hadn't happened patreon was not long for this world. They have been bleeding money for years and to my knowledge have never made a profit and if they have it was back in the early days. So this is merely accelerating what I think was bound to happen eventually and at least this wont be another Defy Media who just shut down one day leaving everyone else holding the bag and lost over a million dollars in earned revenue. This at least gives people a little forewarning.
I mention in my why not patreon post that I did not see things getting better on patreon before getting a whole lot worse. This was pretty much what I meant. The best case scenario is this brings them to the brink but doesn't quite kill them and as such they do a major course correction after and reversing a lot of their anti consumer/political/puritanical policies. If they did that then I would probably even open a patreon. I fully intended to so so at the start but when I started looking into them and actually reading the TOS, i know I'm that guy, I just said screw that and found the best alternative.
However I understand that I am the exception here. I have a job that keeps me above water. I never started this planning on getting rich, though I certainly wont mind if i do. I use my subscribestar more as a way of keeping people updated and using it as a free website than an actual money making platform. A lot of people can't say the same however. They rely fully on their patreon income to support themselves and it will be very hard for them to carry their support base over to a new place.
I hope the best for those people I really do but I will not shed a single tear for the people at the top if patreon does go under because of this.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Going to have to correct you there.

They did made money. Around 30 millions in 2018, 50 millions in 2019 and expected to get 100 millions this year.

This type of judicial process usually takes time (supposing it is similar to here where i live) and even if they are bound to lose i bet there will be some agreed value between the parts they will have to pay.
I don't believe they will simply close but will be forced to change their practices to avoid this happening again. Same with other similar business models.

Ghostredneck

May 26, 2020
I'll briefly explain how this is bad for patreon..
Owen Benjamin banned. 760 followers
.sargon of akkad ..banned. 7500 followers
As of today told youtube subs to file.
Laura southern. Banned. 1200 followers
As of today actively hired an attorney.
Millo Yiannopoulos. Banned. 790 followers
Joined with laura southern.
Tommy Robbinson...Banned..
Add in Blaze tv..Glenn Beck. And Gavin McGinnis.

Adds up to a lot of arbitration fees....
The costs could...end patreon..

Last edited:
Reactions: Ragnar

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
Going to have to correct you there.

They did made money. Around 30 millions in 2018, 50 millions in 2019 and expected to get 100 millions this year.

This type of judicial process usually takes time (supposing it is similar to here where i live) and even if they are bound to lose i bet there will be some agreed value between the parts they will have to pay.
I don't believe they will simply close but will be forced to change their practices to avoid this happening again. Same with other similar business models.
Yes it does take time which is why I think it's a good thing because it gives people time to work out other arrangements should the worst happen. However the concern is not what the final payout is going to be it is the fact that Patreon is forced to pay all legal fees to everyone who is taking them to arbitration on top of whatever settlement is reached. Something that could cost them thousands if not tens of thousands of dollars per person or even more depending on how long things are drawn out and so far over a hundred have filed a suit against them and many more are threatening to do so.
I also looked at both links you showed and neither of them discussed what Patreon's profits were as far as I saw. They talked about the millions they paid out to creators however that is not profit to Patreon. For every dollar someone spend on paytreon only about 5 cents actually goes into patreons pocket. The rest goes into transaction fees or to the creator. So for every million that patreon pays out they only get around 50 thousand dollars. Their post say that they will pass 1 billion paid out since 2013 that means the total gross income for the company is your 50 million. That is for the entire life of the company not a single year. Just doing a strait division that is a little over 8 million a year.
Yes that should be more than enough for a company like patreon as they should have little actual overhead cost however they have a huge staff of over 175 employees a lot of them in middle to upper management jobs. According to their own reports executives get paid a quarter of a million dollars that means that if only 4 people are executive positions would earn a million dollars.
That leaves everyone else making only 40 thousand a year in order for the company to break even something I can promise you is not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0culus

BlackWebGames

Game Developer
Jan 11, 2020
I would like to reiterate that I do not wish to see Patreon go under. I really hope that they don't. I want them to improve, I want them to fix their problems instead of adding new ones all the time. However this is a problem of their own making and if this ends up destroying them they have no one to blame but themselves. I only hope that if they do go down they don't take down the millions of people that use their site with them.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
They get 10% i think from what they move around but you are right about the 1 billion, that was their whole time not just 2020. My mistake, didn't paid attention to that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I know the people running Patreon deserve all the shit happening to them and that's fine. They found so many ways to screw over their creators that it was bound to happen sooner or later.

The only thing that annoys me is that some people find it funny.

It isn't the people running Patreon that are going to suffer the most. They will have their back up plans. It's the lower level employee's and content creators that are going to get shit on so those people laughing are doing so at people like us losing their jobs in a time where employment isn't going to be easy to find.

It's going to leave a hell of a lot of people in the shit.

Hopefully by the time the lawsuit is coming to an end the world is in a better place and people can move on to find other jobs.

It happens every time a company goes under, you find those absolute twats laughing regardless of all the employee's losing their jobs.

I know people want the corporate suits to suffer but in any goven situation they tend to be earning a fortune and will still come out of it quite well off. They will rarely suffer.

Take those wanting EA to shut down, the people running it earn millions a year, they will still be millionaire's if it shuts. It's the devs and other staff that will suffer.

People laughing at Patreon suffering. I don't think they realise just how many it's going to fuck over and a lot of devs that come through here are going to lose their income which in turn will cause a lot of them to abandon projects.

In essence they are laughing at devs they support and games they play coming to an end.

Reactions: Ghostredneck

Trash+Sombra

May 25, 2020
I know the people running Patreon deserve all the shit happening to them and that's fine. They found so many ways to screw over their creators that it was bound to happen sooner or later.

The only thing that annoys me is that some people find it funny.

It isn't the people running Patreon that are going to suffer the most. They will have their back up plans. It's the lower level employee's and content creators that are going to get shit on so those people laughing are doing so at people like us losing their jobs in a time where employment isn't going to be easy to find.

It's going to leave a hell of a lot of people in the shit.

Hopefully by the time the lawsuit is coming to an end the world is in a better place and people can move on to find other jobs.

It happens every time a company goes under, you find those absolute twats laughing regardless of all the employee's losing their jobs.

I know people want the corporate suits to suffer but in any goven situation they tend to be earning a fortune and will still come out of it quite well off. They will rarely suffer.

Take those wanting EA to shut down, the people running it earn millions a year, they will still be millionaire's if it shuts. It's the devs and other staff that will suffer.

People laughing at Patreon suffering. I don't think they realise just how many it's going to fuck over and a lot of devs that come through here are going to lose their income which in turn will cause a lot of them to abandon projects.

In essence they are laughing at devs they support and games they play coming to an end.
wait what happen on partton did they ban alot of people

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes