くもり空

Feb 11, 2018
I can't even express how happy I am to finally see this game translated. I'm a bit put off by the unavoidable pimping thing, but there's no fucking way I'll let that keep me from playing this.
NOPY link is broken?
Just downloaded it. Worked fine for me.

MadMan691337

Jan 21, 2020
Edit: for now the issue has been fixed for me by deleting the files inside the SaveData folder. Doesn't matter if you play the game through Locale Emulator or by setting the System Locale manually to Japanese. Just make sure to delete the files inside the SaveData folder that were in there when you downloaded the game.

Had the same issue but for me it also killed the game by just spam forcing it to close. Another issue I had just now was this popup

showing up constantly. Using Locale Emulator.
Thx man, love ya :love:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I hope AliceSoft will come back to the original format of their games because their current games format and mechanics, are a big pain in the ass, i understand that they try to be innovating and there's nothing wrong with that, but i think there's too much struggle to play their games now, you need to search up tutorials and guides and everything to play the game right and not do any mistakes.
Regardless this one is much more easy than their last one, that one was fucking terrible.

At this point i don't even think we can call their games VNs anymore, every new games of theirs seems to distance themselves from this genre more and more.
I miss the old Tsumamigui series, you didn't had any RPG elements, you didn't had to struggle to enter a certain route of a heroine, you didn't need tips, tricks and tutorials, etc.
I never played the Tsumi series, but claiming that RPG elements and needing a guide ruined Alicesoft for you of all developers seems bizarre.

The entire Rance series, which started decades before the first Tsumamigui was released, has always been oldschool RPGs and/or strategy titles. Same with Daiteikoku, Daibancho and plenty of others.
I'd argue that they're far better known for their complex gameplay and that this title is far more in line with their "original format" than any linear VNs they may have released later.

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
wth were those thing inside the save folder anyway? why were it there in the first place if it just mess thing up?

traplover19

Nov 4, 2018
damn so far this game is on another level
the attack animations as well as the cg's(who are not animated but high quality still) actual combat with some strategy
a story with likable characters
im not that far yet but so far this looks great

once again alicesoft proofs why they are the kings of eroge visual novels

Deit1

Jul 7, 2017

I've been waiting for a game this good to be released the past few months. I am so happy this exists. Got bored of all the same games with the same story and same looking characters same art and MTL sometimes.

Dgabe1993

Jun 23, 2017
runing it on admin local jap emulator, pops out a god damn windows every 5 damn seconds.
and i dont know how to fix it.

• Sad
Reactions: Sachiko

cchance

Mar 7, 2018
And here I thought they were releasing Evenicle 2 some day haha. Hope this means that's finally coming.

...I'll buy it once I figure out the goofy shit with Johrens payment system.

Spiderjam

Jul 31, 2021
wth were those thing inside the save folder anyway? why were it there in the first place if it just mess thing up?
Just regular save files from settings that the original uploader kept there when they zipped the game folder. Usually pre-existing save files don't cause issues.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I never played the Tsumi series, but claiming that RPG elements and needing a guide ruined Alicesoft for you of all developers seems bizarre.

The entire Rance series, which started decades before the first Tsumamigui was released, has always been oldschool RPGs and/or strategy titles. Same with Daiteikoku, Daibancho and plenty of others.
I'd argue that they're far better known for their complex gameplay and that this title is far more in line with their "original format" than any linear VNs they may have released later.
Yeah, I was like "Wat" when reading their message. Sengoku Rance, one of their most popular games can barely be played without following a guide and constantly checking the wiki to avoid missing shit. So much stuff in their games isn't explained properly, that's always how I've seen Alicesoft myself.

They're also great at balancing the VN aspects with gameplay. I'm happy some VN stuff actually has legit gameplay to go along with it. Anybody can make a VN, very few companies can add good gameplay to them like Alicesoft can. Overall I totally disagree with The Slobfather. There are more than enough VN only type of "games", don't try to steal Alicesoft from the peeps who enjoy their gameplay, lol. Even though a lot of them are a pain to figure out, at least they can be enjoyed just as genuine games as well as for their hentai content.

I can count on one hand how many companies actually balance their gameplay and VN aspects well instead of heavily favoring their VN stuff to the point where the gameplay feels like an afterthought. Good gameplay is too rare. I hope Alicesoft never stops striving to add good gameplay to their games.

Last edited:

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
Yeah, I was like "Wat" when reading their message. Sengoku Rance, one of their most popular games can barely be played without following a guide and constantly checking the wiki to avoid missing shit. So much stuff in their games isn't explained properly, that's always how I've seen Alicesoft myself.
Same here, that's part of the charm of it.
Wouldn't be a proper Alicesoft game if you couldn't mess up your entire playthrough by failing to trigger some obscure event on turn 55 or accidentally conquering region X before region Y and locking yourself out of like 3 endings.

KekWGgWP

Feb 9, 2018

I didn't said that RPG elements ruined AliceSoft, not even close to that lol, it was my personal opinion regarding the RPG elements which i'm not really a fan of unless it applies very well to the story, there are very few games with RPG-SRPG elements that i enjoyed, like Utawarerumono even though it's not made by AliceSoft, but simply this game wasn't what i really expected to be.
AliceSoft it's mostly into Interactive Adventure genre, that's what they started with and most of their games are of, and that's the first games i played and i liked from them too and even them, the most recent ones can be tricky too if you don't know japanese especially.
I heard of Rance series, but i don't think i played it, or maybe i did but i forgot about it, it didn't interested me too much so it pretty meh to me.

• Haha
Reactions: JohnHunk

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
People not even reading we need to delete the files within "SaveData" folder before running the game to avoid issues alongside using Japanese Locale to extract/play. Though well, as classic hard game from Alicesoft, kinda needs a Cheat Table/SpoilerAL file to be able to acess the endings easily or whatever to adapt with turn limit and random crap that could happen killing characters and locking story lols... i want to avoid trainers in general since those tend to have additions(viruses) that i dislike and mining tools within them KeK

doujinftw

Nov 26, 2020
Just regular save files from settings that the original uploader kept there when they zipped the game folder. Usually pre-existing save files don't cause issues.
alright thx guess there wont be any problem with permanently deleting those

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
AliceSoft it's mostly into Interactive Adventure genre, that's what they started with and most of their games are of, and that's the first games i played and i liked from them too and even them, the most recent ones can be tricky too if you don't know japanese especially.
I heard of Rance series, but i don't think i played it, or maybe i did but i forgot about it, it didn't interested me too much so it pretty meh to me.
The they released as Alicesoft was an RPG, the original Rance, along with some obscure adventure title that nobody remembers anymore.

Obviously we're all wired differently and have our personal preferences. Nothing wrong with that.
I just strongly disagree with your claims that Alicesoft had originally been some VN developer that recently lost their way. RPGs have always been a major part of their core business and they're much better known for those, at least in the west.

4.20 star(s) 56 Votes