VN Unity Completed Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! [Final] [Team Salvato]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes
Jun 2, 2017
I was gonna write this one off as being "just another school vn"... But then I saw it's entry in the 'Reality Ensues' page of TVTropes. Suffice it to say, my mental response was, "Well, you've got my full attention now, Doki Doki... Let's see what you do with it", and I am now downloading it as I type.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
i saw this lets play on game theory live however im not going to play it because i dont want to shit myself XD

Reactions: ponyguy

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
I would like to place a formal recommendation that this game be officially renamed "What the fuck just happened?"

Also, this is a pretty nasty trick:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Poor normies that don't know about computers probably crapped their pants. Good times.

Oh, right ... so, I modified the poem-writing activity a little bit. Just a single text file that you can drop into the /game/ folder (with the RPAs) that replaces the subject names with the girl they apply to. Thought I'd share since I'm deleting this stuff. Note that on a 'broken' playthrough, the 2nd and 3rd poem you write won't always reflect your choices immediately because that's how the script goes. Not a bug. Preview below. Text file is attached.(EDIT: This is a cleaned up version from the original post I made that was really rough).
screenshot0003.png

Also, pop open the console and put in "config.rollback_enabled = 1" to get rid of the rollback block. I hate games that do that shit. Rollback is heavensent. Alternatively, attached is the "options.rpy" file with that variable pre-configured. You can drop it in your /game/ folder and it will nuke the rollback block (doesn't touch anything else). I normally don't like using extracted files alongside the RPA they came from, because it sometimes causes conflicts. Personally, I had no bugs/crashes/issues using this "options.rpy" file alongside the "scripts.rpa" I pulled it out of it. So I feel it's safe to post it (attached).

Last edited:

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
i saw this lets play on game theory live however im not going to play it because i dont want to shit myself XD
It's really not scary. Like, at all. Unless you've already been completely spoiled by that LP, I recommend giving it a shot. Otherwise, if you have, then there's no point.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
It's really not scary. Like, at all.
It's not. It's a mainstream game played by normies who are not desensitized to disturbing situations the way F95 users are. That's why it has that reputation. To us? This is completely tame. I've seen kittens that I found more disturbing. (You saw the same effect with normies and Katawa Shoujo a decade ago.) But the content obscenity isn't what makes the game fun. It's the developer bending Ren'py into all sorts of twisted positions that makes it a unique experience worth your time.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
It's not. It's a mainstream game played by normies who are not desensitized to disturbing situations the way F95 users are. That's why it has that reputation. To us? This is completely tame. I've seen kittens that I found more disturbing. (You saw the same effect with normies and Katawa Shoujo a decade ago.) But the content obscenity isn't what makes the game fun. It's the developer bending Ren'py into all sorts of twisted positions that makes it a unique experience worth your time.
Wouldn't really call it ''unique''. Several games out there that do what this ones does. Though this might be the first Ren'py one. Don't know. Don't really follow the genre. So I guess it's unique in that.

Reactions: jpsimon

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
contents.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(184mb RAR)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Note: The attached hi-res wallpapers (and mobile versions) are also in the MEGA download with the OST.
I only attached them here for convenience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty and ponyguy

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Then I guess I'm the only F95 user here that it's not desensitized - and I'm proud of that. Because I did find this game disturbing and scary.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Then I guess I'm the only F95 user here that it's not desensitized - and I'm proud of that. Because I did find this game disturbing and scary.
You must've not grown up watching copious amounts of horror movies, like me. Or jerking off to a lot of dark and brutal shit.
I found the game's attempts at ''disturbing'' and ''scary'' to be hilarious.
It was so quick and random. How could I not laugh?

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
You must've not grown up watching copious amounts of horror movies, like me. Or jerking off to a lot of dark and brutal shit.
I found the game's attempts at ''disturbing'' and ''scary'' to be hilarious.
It was so quick and random. How could I not laugh?
Not a fan of them. Sometimes I watch something, most of them are not scary at all - even older ones (especially these ones. They make me laugh). For the second, it's something that I will never do fortunately.

Tastes are tastes, in the end. Some like it, others don't.

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Not a fan of them. Sometimes I watch something, most of them are not scary at all - even older ones (especially these ones. They make me laugh). For the second, it's something that I will never do fortunately.

Tastes are tastes, in the end. Some like it, others don't.
Well, then it's no wonder this creeped you out.

Fortunately? I think you mean unfortunately. :p Limited tastes are a tragedy.
Such a shame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twistty and jpsimon

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
When I first saw it, I had made the choice that I thought would make her happy. Nope. Just out of fuckin' nowhere, and she's smiling the whole time. That scene was a lot more memorable than that other girl just hanging out. There was so much build up to her scene, that you knew exactly what was gonna happen 5 minutes beforehand. But Yuri ... just, "wtf?"

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
?
Yeah, School-Live! That's the one. I remember the title now, 'cause it reminded me of those generic idol anime with Live! in their name and I thought it was one of them.

Reactions: Twistty
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes