VN Unity Completed Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! [Final] [Team Salvato]

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I think I saw another game acting this way - interacting with the player - but... ngh.. I don't remember the name right now (or their name? Maybe it was more than one) :FeelsBadMan:

Umaru-chan

Aug 12, 2016
I think I saw another game acting this way - interacting with the player - but... ngh.. I don't remember the name right now (or their name? Maybe it was more than one) :FeelsBadMan:
I know but don't wanna spoil it!

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I know but don't wanna spoil it!
Can you help me in remember it? Under spoiler of course - or via PM if you still don't want to put it here. Pretty sure that I've played it, but like I said I don't remember :FeelsBadMan:

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
WARNING! Bitching and moaning ahead. Recommended action is to not bother reading anything below this point. Just ignore the asshole below. Trust me. Apologies in advance to any of you who do end up reading.

Oh my god! This game never ends! I thought I finally reached the end. But I guess there's more.
I thought I hated it before, but this cements it. I hate this game.
I keep playing hoping to see what all the hype is about, but I'm just not getting it. And apparently I never will.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sigh.
I'm staring at a Notepad file here, filled with attempts of me trying to... ''express'' my thoughts, my dislike of this game. But the more I read it the more I just sound like a grumpy asshole bitching and moaning, hating on something because it's popular. Which is not my intent, but it comes off that way. And maybe deep down it is how I feel. I'm honestly not sure anymore.
Whatever. There's no point in talking about it anyway. Certainly not here. I just needed to vent, I guess. I should've just stopped playing the moment the game started annoying me. Clearly this game wasn't aimed at people like me.
Anyway, don't mind me. Just a bit peeved I wasted my time on this. Should've went with my gut. Told me I wouldn't enjoy this. Should've listened. I'm not big on VNs anyway. Unless they have a shitton of rape. And even then I usually skip the story. It's never worth the headache.
I apologize for the rant. I wanted to keep it brief, but it still ended up being as long as all the attempts in Notepad. Except I didn't make any of the points I made there. Instead I just rambled. Oh well. What can you do? :p
7/10 Well-made game. I hate it. But damn is it well-made. I recommend it if you're into VNs. Or if you can at least tolerate them, I guess. Don't let my whining turn you off. In fact, don't even pay attention to me.

Now, someone please tell me if there's any point in playing further from where I am. 'Cause if there's more I'd like to finish it. Get some closure. Say I beat it. I'd feel bad about all the complaining if I don't at least finish the game. If not, then I just want to purge it from my system.

Biggest disappointment of this game? The lack of Rule 34. Such a damn shame.

EDIT: After taking a few minutes to calm down I take back what I said about hating it. Sort of. I don't know. Hate's a strong word. I don't really like the game. But to say I hate it might be a bit too much. After all, I did have some fun with it. Before it decided to spit in my face.
I'm just disappointed and upset. Mostly with myself. Since I don't know what I was expecting. I pretty much knew where it would go, what I was getting myself into. And yet I still played it. Yeah...
Sorry.
I'll shut up now.

Last edited:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
WARNING! Bitching and moaning ahead. Recommended action is to not bother reading anything below this point. Just ignore the asshole below. Trust me. Apologies in advance to any of you who do end up reading.

Oh my god! This game never ends! I thought I finally reached the end. But I guess there's more.
I thought I hated it before, but this cements it. I hate this game.
I keep playing hoping to see what all the hype is about, but I'm just not getting it. And apparently I never will.
Sigh.
I'm staring at a Notepad file here, filled with attempts of me trying to... ''express'' my thoughts, my dislike of this game. But the more I read it the more I just sound like a grumpy asshole bitching and moaning, hating on something because it's popular. Which is not my intent, but it comes off that way. And maybe deep down it is how I feel. I'm honestly not sure anymore.
Whatever. There's no point in talking about it anyway. Certainly not here. I just needed to vent, I guess. I should've just stopped playing the moment the game started annoying me. Clearly this game wasn't aimed at people like me.
Anyway, don't mind me. Just a bit peeved I wasted my time on this. Should've went with my gut. Told me I wouldn't enjoy this. Should've listened. I'm not big on VNs anyway. Unless they have a shitton of rape. And even then I usually skip the story. It's never worth the headache.
I apologize for the rant. I wanted to keep it brief, but it still ended up being as long as all the attempts in Notepad. Except I didn't make any of the points I made there. Instead I just rambled. Oh well. What can you do? :p
7/10 Well-made game. I hate it. But damn is it well-made. I recommend it if you're into VNs. Or if you can at least tolerate them, I guess. Don't let my whining turn you off. In fact, don't even pay attention to me.

Now, someone please tell me if there's any point in playing further from where I am. 'Cause if there's more I'd like to finish it. Get some closure. Say I beat it. I'd feel bad about all the complaining if I don't at least finish the game. If not, then I just want to purge it from my system.

Biggest disappointment of this game? The lack of Rule 34. Such a damn shame.

EDIT: After taking a few minutes to calm down I take back what I said about hating it. Sort of. I don't know. Hate's a strong word. I don't really like the game. But to say I hate it might be a bit too much. After all, I did have some fun with it. Before it decided to spit in my face.
I'm just disappointed and upset. Mostly with myself. Since I don't know what I was expecting. I pretty much knew where it would go, what I was getting myself into. And yet I still played it. Yeah...
Sorry.
I'll shut up now.
Honestly speaking, I already knew that you weren't gonna like this game. I mean, you're more for the nukige type of VN's than this one, since it's normal with nothing at all. So in the end you should've played it without too much hope (without expecting too much), hope that sadly grown in you by reading around the internet and, probably, see youtubers playing it xD

Btw, how many times did you finish the game? Because the limit are two: the first one when you don't know anything, the second one when you know what you've to do.

Reactions: ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Honestly speaking, I already knew that you weren't gonna like this game. I mean, you're more for the nukige type of VN's than this one, since it's normal with nothing at all. So in the end you should've played it without too much hope (without expecting too much), hope that sadly grown in you by reading around the internet and, probably, see youtubers playing it XD

Btw, how many times did you finish the game? Because the limit are two: the first one when you don't know anything, the second one when you know what you've to do.
Seeing the game everywhere on the Internet didn't really fill me with hope. But it definitely put a bad taste in my mouth. I thought it was overhyped. What made me think I might enjoy this was Undertale. 'Cause the same thing happened. Everyone fucking played it, I didn't get the hype, so I tried it. When I beat it I still didn't get the hype. But I had fun playing it. I hoped this would be the same. And to some extent it was. I had fun. But it was also very tedious and very annoying. So I'm left with mixed feelings. Also, the game feels super pretentious at certain points. I know that's probably just me reading too much into it, seeing something that's not there, but it bothers me a lot.
And I don't dislike the game just because it's a VN. I can enjoy a VN if it has a good enough story. And this one does. Well, eventually. Once you get past all the boring shit.

Last edited:

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
Never mind. I continued playing and
So I guess that's the end. I know there's other things to discover, but maybe some other time. Kind of need a break from it now.
You know, in spite of my whining, I am glad I played this. I guess all the attention people gave it just left a sour taste in my mouth. I went into this game with the wrong mindset. I still don't think it's as amazing as people make it out to be. But it is good. It was a fun ride. And it made me very sad. Which is rare. I don't usually get this invested in fictional characters. So congrats on that, game dev. You made me care. I hate you. :)
But man, are all the memes and quotes annoying. ''Just Monika'' is the new ''You're Gonna Have a Bad Time''. There's at least one person commenting that on every damn video I watch. Even when it doesn't make any sense. Sigh. Oh well. Like all overused memes, it will die quickly. Just gotta bear it. Shit like this is popular, yet Harambe lays dead and forgotten. What a tragedy. :p

Last edited:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Never mind. I continued playing and
So I guess that's the end. I know there's other things to discover, but maybe some other time. Kind of need a break from it now.
You know, in spite of my whining, I am glad I played this. I guess all the attention people gave it just left a sour taste in my mouth. I went into this game with the wrong mindset. I still don't think it's as amazing as people make it out to be. But it is good. It was a fun ride. And it made me very sad. Which is rare. I don't usually get this invested in fictional characters. So congrats on that, game dev. You made me care. I hate you. :)
But man, are all the memes and quotes annoying. ''Just Monika'' is the new ''You're Gonna Have a Bad Time''. There's at least one person commenting that on every damn video I watch. Even when it doesn't make any sense. Sigh. Oh well. Like all overused memes, it will die quickly. Just gotta bear it. Shit like this is popular, yet Harambe lays dead and forgotten. What a tragedy. :p
If you want to play again the game, there's no need to install the game again from the scratch! If I remember correctly.. there's a file named "First run", "First playthroughh".. or something like that - sadly, I don't remember. Just delete that and you can start the game again. Everything will go back to it's own original place XD

Btw, if you don't want to, don't play it again. In the end if you do just for achieving the 100% in this game, the only different thing is

Reactions: Twistty and ponyguy

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
If you want to play again the game, there's no need to install the game again from the scratch! If I remember correctly.. there's a file named "First run", "First playthroughh".. or something like that - sadly, I don't remember. Just delete that and you can start the game again. Everything will go back to it's own original place XD

Btw, if you don't want to, don't play it again. In the end if you do just for achieving the 100% in this game, the only different thing is
Oh, okay. Yeah, I see it. firstrun. Deleted it. It works.

Reactions: Twistty

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
If anyone wants, here there is the fan pack with everything (that you can buy on Steam for... ten dollars I believe? So if you really liked this game, i suggest you to buy it for supporting the developer(s))

If there's some problem, tell me and I'll upload it on MEGA.
If you get that DDLC fan pack Nam - could you add it to the OP?
For those of you that didn't play the game yet, I've modified the whole thread.
Hiding what can cause spoilers (mostly images. Replies, here, don't.. think so that are spoiler free (and most of them are hidden, like they should fortunately) and @Twistty I apologize for laying my hands on your thread, but I removed two images from the screenshot that were a huge spoiler!
I don't mind at all @nam654 - anytime you see anything on my threads that needs fixing - please go ahead - known you long enough to trust your instinct fully!!!

Thanks again!!! :eek:penedeyewink:

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
^^^^ Ps- Same goes for you @ponyguy !!!
Thank you for all your help here and on most of my other game threads!!! :p
You input is always helpful to me and to the community as a whole.

Cheers bud!!!

ponyguy

Engaged Member
Respected User
Feb 12, 2017
^^^^ Ps- Same goes for you @ponyguy !!!
Thank you for all your help here and on most of my other game threads!!! :p
You input is always helpful to me and to the community as a whole.

Cheers bud!!!
Aw, shucks. You're making me blush. :happyblush
Don't mention it. Always happy to help when I can. Especially when it comes to my fellow perverts. :)

Reactions: Twistty
5.00 star(s) 6 Votes