starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
Fresh save right after the tutorial. Problem solved without worrying about "will take longer because of a feature request".

If you mean for the current version, I can provide this.
i'd appreciate that very much, but i was more thinking because, like, if 5000 people play it after tutorial, and 4,000 have played it before, and it takes 20 minutes, that's 80,000 wasted minutes, and if it takes like 2 hours to impliment, than it's much more time, but i understand that it might still be more useful for him to implement 2 hours of more content

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
I loaded an old save to compare Edgar's sprite clothing only to confirm that "Best Girl" gave him more than just her silver cloak. Given how small his sprite is, I figured I would wait until after the next update in case Dekarous includes a close up image of what Edgar is wearing while in the overworld. I considered either wearing an acrillic clip on "Llavanya is best girl" bage of getting an angel plushie that resembles her. Since is an eroge cosplay, I really want to make it a great cosplay that can stand on it's own even among vanilla cosplayers outside the Domina fandom.

I think Dekarous mentioned that he was waiting on new artist's artwork for the next update... So Deka would be the B* here and the new artist would be the K*da
its just easier to put the blame on others… in the end he is the dev and its his project.. if the artists are not being able to keep up then kick them out lol, domina used to get monthly updates, sometimes even in less than a month and that was when dek was all by himself… so how is it taking 5x longer to get an update now that he’s been getting help?

i dont get it… same with Bo and Koda… ohh Koda this Koda that but I dont see Bo doing anything about it so to me he is just as guilty…

at this point I’m not even concerned about “when” is the new update coming out but more about “if” it’s ever being released or if its all been abandoned already and this is all being just a “milk’em as much as we can until shit goes down”

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
its just easier to put the blame on others… in the end he is the dev and its his project.. if the artists are not being able to keep up then kick them out lol, domina used to get monthly updates, sometimes even in less than a month and that was when dek was all by himself… so how is it taking 5x longer to get an update now that he’s been getting help?

i dont get it… same with Bo and Koda… ohh Koda this Koda that but I dont see Bo doing anything about it so to me he is just as guilty…

at this point I’m not even concerned about “when” is the new update coming out but more about “if” it’s ever being released or if its all been abandoned already and this is all being just a “milk’em as much as we can until shit goes down”
Have you been paying any attention at all to the past few updates Dekarous has given? This update is taking longer because it’s an overhaul of the entire game and is adding scenes both erotic and not erotic for every single domina in the game. He was up front about the fact that this update would take a long time.

We‘ll go back to monthly or bi-monthly updates for the next updates which will focus entirely on new dominas. If we don’t then this reaction will be fair.

aura_draconis

Sep 1, 2019
I thought it'd be helpful to have a wiki, especially for attack/class information, so I started one here:

Right now, there's very little content, but I plan to add more later. If anyone else is interested in editing, your help would be appreciated. Check it out!

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
Have you been paying any attention at all to the past few updates Dekarous has given? This update is taking longer because it’s an overhaul of the entire game and is adding scenes both erotic and not erotic for every single domina in the game. He was up front about the fact that this update would take a long time.

We‘ll go back to monthly or bi-monthly updates for the next updates which will focus entirely on new dominas. If we don’t then this reaction will be fair.
Much more attention than you apparently.. cause according to him all the coding is already done and he is only waiting on the artwork. Which means whatever “big changes” that are to happen have already been done.
You’re clearly new here “up front all the time”??? Where have you been dude.. this is the third delay of this update.. and not the first time it’s happened.. I understand you want to believe in unicorns but that’s usually not the reality of these games.. and if you really think its gonna go back to month by month I’m sorry but I think you’re being very naive.. no point on arguing we’ll see who’s right… I honestly hope you are but I’d keep my expectations a little lower if i were you..

Last edited:

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

I disagree with this. Despite this half a year delay, he has only had ONE half a year delay in his whole time creating this game. While it is very inconvienient for us players (Even moreso his "Bitch Boys" and "Puppies") it hasn't happened enough times to be a pattern. What's more is that he has built up good will witnin the community by posting to this thread earlier in the development and being lenient on free players. Dekarous has built up a lot of good will with the community and she be given some slack when things don't fall into place the way he wants.

I thought it'd be helpful to have a wiki, especially for attack/class information, so I started one here:

Right now, there's very little content, but I plan to add more later. If anyone else is interested in editing, your help would be appreciated. Check it out!
You are the hero that we need. I will be keeping up with your progress on the Domina wiki.

Dek was pretty good about speed before this so, if this takes awhile its ok.
This is nothing compared to the MASTER of delays lol
Thank you! This right here.

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
Dek was pretty good about speed before this so, if this takes awhile its ok.
This is nothing compared to the MASTER of delays lol
true but with koda and bo was the same way.. it always starts well and then goes down.. I just hope dek aint going on that same path..

I disagree with this. Despite this half a year delay, he has only had ONE half a year delay in his whole time creating this game. While it is very inconvienient for us players (Even moreso his "Bitch Boys" and "Puppies") it hasn't happened enough times to be a pattern. What's more is that he has built up good will witnin the community by posting to this thread earlier in the development and being lenient on free players. Dekarous has built up a lot of good will with the community and she be given some slack when things don't fall into place the way he wants.

You are the hero that we need. I will be keeping up with your progress on the Domina wiki.

Thank you! This right here.

sure sure.. lets keep the positive vibes... as I said.. no point on arguing about it.. I hope you guys will prove me wrong but I guess we'll see about that...

Oct 26, 2017
If anything, Shakie is cheap and fast, so the art isn't a problem. Being sidetracked by a potential sequel when the main game isn't done is more problematic but talking about it is fine, it's focusing on it and losing focus on the main project that causes things to go south, especially when there's a full revamp involved (rewriting things from scratch).
i'd appreciate that very much, but i was more thinking because, like, if 5000 people play it after tutorial, and 4,000 have played it before, and it takes 20 minutes, that's 80,000 wasted minutes, and if it takes like 2 hours to impliment, than it's much more time, but i understand that it might still be more useful for him to implement 2 hours of more content
Thanks for taking the time to reply and thanks for the details. This was more of a whiteknighting issue on my behalf as I'd hate to see honest posters become potential scapegoats if things ever go wrong, sorry about that.

It takes less than five minutes to implement for the current version and will be compatible with the next (if any) as a full variable structure change is not possible in "vanilla" RM development - since you're limited to a certain amount of variables and the engine relies on their IDs, only moving the IDs around would break things (and make the project a bloody mess).

As for the algorithm, it's simple, really, and anyone can do it in their /data/ folder. You can also add a name prompt but this wastes time during speedruns, better keep Edgar as default for the MC. Or just change the default name.
- Choice: Skip prologue? Yes./No. [Cancel=No. You can even completely bypass No. to save on "opcodes", but if you're doing a speedrun, unless it's tool-assisted, you might accidentally forget to cancel here.]
- If Yes, set variable progress, teleport player to Katrina's Realm's map ID:X:Y, preferrably in front of her.
- If No, do nothing
- Exit branch processing

That's less than 10 "instructions" in JSON.

If this motivates Dekarous to focus on Domina, that's a very good idea. Thanks! :)

Reactions: aura_draconis

starvoyager

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2017
said stuff
thank you! that's nice of you, and i aggree with what you're sayin'

also umm.......would you happen to have that save?
it'd be kinda rude to ask for an entire json text file, and i don't really know how to do it myself

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
Small update. Dekarous is still waiting on some images. It’s not the artist’s fault since Dekarous ended up having more images to commission than he anticipated initially, so there’s a lot to make. Dekarous plans on releasing an early access version soon once he receives certain images and the early access version will be missing some images since he doesn’t want to hold back the release further. Full release will have everything.

He’s also not just sitting and waiting for the images. He is working on the coding for the next domina’s stuff while he waits. I’d assume he’s also working on the SCC type game from time to time as well while waiting.

So yeah, the update got hit with some scope creep when it was already a pretty big endeavor. I am fairly certain we’ll be going back to the regular schedule for updates after this one.

Oct 26, 2017
thank you! that's nice of you, and i aggree with what you're sayin'

also umm.......would you happen to have that save?
it'd be kinda rude to ask for an entire json text file, and i don't really know how to do it myself
I'll provide both, the save and the code. I originally didn't want to fuck with self-switches, but I wouldn't exactly want to modify how the Reaper works either (though honestly, Dekarous uses a switch he never calls, so... switch 11 would have been better than a self-switch, oh well).

Before you do anything, backup your Map001.json file. It's also recommended to backup (compress) the original /data/ and /js/ folders in case you somehow change another json file in there and break things, so you can also just do that instead.

If you want the modified map file and the quicksave, check the end of the post. If you just want the save (or the map), extract the proper file. The folder structure is kept intact to help you locate it.

If you want to edit it yourself:

Add this directly between {"code":121,"indent":0,"parameters":[154,154,0]} and {"code":123,"indent":0,"parameters":["A",0]} for event ID 42 (EV042) in Map001.json (Cerulean Fields) - keep the commas in between too, of course:
JSON:
{"code":101,"indent":0,"parameters":["",0,0,2,""]},
{"code":401,"indent":0,"parameters":["Skip prologue?"]},
{"code":102,"indent":0,"parameters":[["Yes","No"],1,0,2,0]},
{"code":402,"indent":0,"parameters":[0,"Yes"]},
{"code":121,"indent":1,"parameters":[11,11,0]},
{"code":355,"indent":1,"parameters":["$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([1,21,'A'],true);"]},
{"code":655,"indent":1,"parameters":["$gameSelfSwitches.setValue([3,5,'A'],true);"]},
{"code":201,"indent":1,"parameters":[0,4,6,9,8,0]},{"code":0,"indent":1,"parameters":[]},
{"code":402,"indent":0,"parameters":[1,"No"]},
{"code":0,"indent":1,"parameters":[]}
What skip prologue does in the code:
- Force-enables switch 11 (talked to reaper) in case Dekarous noticed the redundancy
- Skips Grim Reaper initial talk and turns self-switch to A (if you change the 2nd page condition to be switch 11 instead, that'll also work, and yes, the switch is enabled twice so that's kind of redundant) so you directly see that page
- Teleports the MC inside of Katrina's Keep right in front of her, facing upwards, after turning the self-switch outside to A so the MC doesn't go "Huh, the Reaper was right..." when you leave, which would make you go what the fuck.

Anon's super fun (read: lame and boring) quick guide to importing saves without breaking things and without using someone else's global.rpgsave
- Backup your own save folder
- Load any save (or start a new game) and save in the slot you are going to be loading later (which is the suffix of the file for both MV and MZ; MZ uses file0 for autosaves) - for example, if you're going to use file9, save in File 9. Easy, right? No zero indexing confusion
- Download the save provided by another kind anon (or someone with a name instead of their member ID, I don't judge)
- Extract the save in your save folder and overwrite the save you just made
- Run the game; you're going to go "wait but this isn't the save I downloaded from the looks of it", why yes, you're still seeing the old metadata, we were only making sure the save structure allows you to load a save from there; now load it and shit bricks
- After wiping your butt (and applying some cream, bricks hurt), save again (either in the same slot or somewhere else, but it's recommended to use the same slot so it'll just update it properly)
- Now your save file structure should look fine as well
- Enjoy.

Skip prologue prepatched Map001.json (BACKUP your file first) as well as a save that pretty much has you right there.

Let me know if there were extra steps you wanted done.

SnakeSnek

Feb 23, 2020
Small update. Dekarous is still waiting on some images. It’s not the artist’s fault since Dekarous ended up having more images to commission than he anticipated initially, so there’s a lot to make. Dekarous plans on releasing an early access version soon once he receives certain images and the early access version will be missing some images since he doesn’t want to hold back the release further. Full release will have everything.

He’s also not just sitting and waiting for the images. He is working on the coding for the next domina’s stuff while he waits. I’d assume he’s also working on the SCC type game from time to time as well while waiting.

So yeah, the update got hit with some scope creep when it was already a pretty big endeavor. I am fairly certain we’ll be going back to the regular schedule for updates after this one.

If this is true, than I'd like to apologize for judging Dek based on other devs constant delays and bad habits.. hearing from another dev of how demotivating negative feedbacks can be made me rethink on my past few comments towards Dek and the delays

So I really really hope I was wrong for thinking that Dek was heading into the same path as bo and koda, and I made my comments here sometimes out of frustration for thinking of that possibility. But anyways, that is good to hear and I hope Dek is the same great dev as before and that he will stay motivated because domina is imo one of the best femdom games ever and Dek has an amazing way of thinking with super immersive dialogues.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
If this is true, than I'd like to apologize for judging Dek based on other devs constant delays and bad habits...
Please don't worry about this. We even had a personal fight on this iirc lol, and game devs getting sidetracked becomes more and more of a thing, so it's easy for everyone to be frustrated regardless of backer status. And I mean real game devs here, not criminals pretending to be developers or artists.

I'd like to add to this that SSDiamond added something important in his (sorry for assuming your gender by the way!) post that I don't take lightly, because this is a good thing imo.
I'm usually anxious about fellow, real devs getting sidetracked by other projects and losing focus, but the key is "while waiting" (on the commissions). So this didn't dent his free time - he used whatever free time he had extra to work on it, and if so, then that's all good.
Dekarous plans on releasing an early access version soon once he receives certain images and the early access version will be missing some images since he doesn’t want to hold back the release further. Full release will have everything.
This is also good news as some of us were worried he was adding more content than what was really necessary. That said though (and that's probably what he'll be doing) he can still implement them as dummied-out content (placeholders) so it's the best of both worlds (backers and/or fans have unused CGs are more content to play with) as long as he remembers to put them in the game at some point, lol.

CGs are important too and Dek knows that, but they don't have to add to the wait if he can help it. Thanks again for reporting back to us as usual SSDiamond. Guess this means we can resume support to him to show we're appreciative after this is over. :)

(The only anxiety I have left here is this is the same Domina we are talking about. He's not getting sidetracked by some kind of Domina 2 when the main one isn't finished, right? I mean, he can also code more of the Dominas while waiting - the framework for them, the dialogue, etc.)

SSDiamond

Apr 20, 2020
(The only anxiety I have left here is this is the same Domina we are talking about. He's not getting sidetracked by some kind of Domina 2 when the main one isn't finished, right? I mean, he can also code more of the Dominas while waiting - the framework for them, the dialogue, etc.)
Domina 2 work won’t start beyond having some story ideas until Domina is finished. That’s at least what Dekarous said and I’m inclined to believe it considering it’s going to be a follow up to one of the current game’s endings. The Domina 2 announcement was just Dekarous’ way of saying that he’s got plans for the future and doesn’t plan on stopping game development after this current game is finished. I would also take it as him being confident that this game will be finished.

Also! I forgot to mention that the next domina’s name is Raa and she will be an egyptian domina focused on magic (transformation being a big part of her content). Funny how ToT is doing that for Floor 8 as well minus the magic part seemingly. In case anyone is worried about that similarity Dekarous had mentioned plans for Raa around when the twins released, so no copying going on.

Last edited:

Oct 26, 2017
No worries about that SSDiamond. If I could be arsed to post on that joke of a thread, I'd just post . Joe's advice was followed and it's all that matters, heh.

Glad to hear Dek is a man who seemingly sticks to priorities. Sequels are fine to announce to keep your userbase hyped as long as you know where this is heading. Thanks for the next Domina "mini-spoilers", by the way. And yeah, if he's making a sequel, then that means he hopefully isn't planning to pause Domina to work on Domina 2, as that would be a catastrophe.

Still good news I'd say, as he's not backpedaling. As long as he doesn't get sidetracked by the ideas he just announced, it's all good. If he has some time to stop by, or if someone can DM him, please let him know this might motivate backers to resume (regardless of how they've been paying him so far), thanks!

Reactions: SSDiamond

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

This is some good news to hear. I remember seeing him mention he was waiting on the new artwork. I am currently trying to play SCC so I am even more hyped to hear that both of Dekrous's games will be getting sequels. I hope Dekarous will have crossovers and easter eggs from the Dekaverse placed into them.

If this is true, than I'd like to apologize for judging Dek based on other devs constant delays and bad habits.. hearing from another dev of how demotivating negative feedbacks can be made me rethink on my past few comments towards Dek and the delays

So I really really hope I was wrong for thinking that Dek was heading into the same path as bo and koda, and I made my comments here sometimes out of frustration for thinking of that possibility. But anyways, that is good to hear and I hope Dek is the same great dev as before and that he will stay motivated because domina is imo one of the best femdom games ever and Dek has an amazing way of thinking with super immersive dialogues.
We all understand. Between the anticipation for the next update and seeing the dumpster fire that is Boda, we are all a little anxious when it comes to delays.

Domina 2 work won’t start beyond having some story ideas until Domina is finished. That’s at least what Dekarous said and I’m inclined to believe it considering it’s going to be a follow up to one of the current game’s endings. The Domina 2 announcement was just Dekarous’ way of saying that he’s got plans for the future and doesn’t plan on stopping game development after this current game is finished. I would also take it as him being confident that this game will be finished.

Also! I forgot to mention that the next domina’s name is Raa and she will be an egyptian domina focused on magic (transformation being a big part of her content). Funny how ToT is doing that for Floor 8 as well minus the magic part seemingly. In case anyone is worried about that similarity Dekarous had mentioned plans for Raa around when the twins released, so no copying going on.
The instant I read "Egyptian domina" I thought this MUST be a jab at Boda. I am very curious to see where Dekarous takes this theme. Also, this opens the door to some interesting fan crossover content between the Bodaverse and Dekaverse.

If anyone's interested, I've updated my music list on page 107. I've added 6 tracks :)
Thank you!! I will be revisiting your music post asap!

• Red Heart
Reactions: SnakeSnek
3.40 star(s) 52 Votes