4.60 star(s) 16 Votes

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
Why... is there an ".exe" called "Payload" that, if removed, doesn't affect the game whatsoever??
It's part of NW.js (=Node Webkit aka the browser rpgm runs in).
But it's only SDK flavor (=useful for a dev), so it's not needed for bundling/distributing (=us players).
Same goes for nwjc.exe and a few other files.

So in short: It's nothing nefarious, just unnecessary.

PS: The dev could easily hide all the additional files - even the unnecessary ones, if they so wished - by just adding them zipped to the end of nw.exe (aka game.exe aka renamedtowhatever.exe).

But since that eats some extra time at every launch and needs an extra step when updating nw, it's usually left stock/"noisy" by most devs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ariuss3 and sbv666

sbv666

Nov 2, 2018
It's part of NW.js (=Node Webkit aka the browser rpgm runs in).
But it's only SDK flavor (=useful for a dev), so it's not needed for bundling/distributing (=us players).
Same goes for nwjc.exe and a few other files.

So in short: It's nothing nefarious, just unnecessary.

PS: The dev could easily hide all the additional files - even the unnecessary ones, if they so wished - by just adding them zipped to the end of nw.exe (aka game.exe aka renamedtowhatever.exe).

But since that eats some extra time at every launch and needs an extra step when updating nw, it's usually left stock/"noisy" by most devs.
Oh, okay. Thank you!

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Domination Desire: Banished [v4.51] [Necropanzer]

COMPRESSED:

Windows:
- - -

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
That's a concerning radio silence going on right now. Even during the particularly long wait for the last major version, the dev was still active here despite the patreon being silent for months. Now, it's dead silent basically everywhere, even on the dev thread.

Devinebeast

Sep 27, 2021
That's a concerning radio silence going on right now. Even during the particularly long wait for the last major version, the dev was still active here despite the patreon being silent for months. Now, it's dead silent basically everywhere, even on the dev thread.
On average an update takes 8months to 1yr
And it's only been 2 months, it's not concerning he'll reply when he will finish

SevySub

Aug 17, 2019
Necropanzer should take some attention though, as 3 months of dev inactivity is a criteria for F95zone label a game as "Abandoned" (which cannot be removed without a release)

https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2024-02-29.524/
After 3 months of inactivity from the developer's public creator/crowdfunding accounts (Patreon, SS, etc), we will resolve special circumstances or scenarios on a case-by-case basis (no creator accounts, creators developing for free, Patreon accounts under review/ban).

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
Dremo You didn't take my discord into account when writing "basically everywhere" :p. It's strange how notifications work here, for some reason I didn't get any notifications of stuff being posted here until I was mentioned, which is strange since I'm observing the thread.

SevySub Don't worry, I got a dev update in the works. I've been experiencing some technical dificulties with daz3d (never update during a dev cycle), however I'm now past that and scene design and rendering came back to full force.

shundi82 Thanks for the tip. I didn't really know I could hide them without any complications.

Last edited:

SevySub

Aug 17, 2019
Oh, great news!

Btw, about F95 notifications system, it's quite weird indeed. It seems to stop notifications if you don't visit the thread for a "long" time (which "long" can be about 3 days), or if you open a notification and don't read all the posts after that. That's why I mentioned you, as mentions are always notified.

Apparently, if you visit a thread that you follow and see the last post, it will resume the "Follow" notifications for that thread. If you do it periodically, you probably won't have a "no notification" problem.

Which is a bit ironic, as it makes the follow system less useful than it should be.

shundi82

Sep 7, 2022
shundi82 Thanks for the tip. I didn't really know I could hide them without any complications.
Just a quick fyi:
You can't attach the NW lib to itself via the "regular" method (zip, rename to package.nw, copy /b nw.exe+package.nw app.exe), because they don't like nw with "baked in" non-free stuff like d3d and h264 capable ffmpeg.

There are ways to circumvent that restriction, but most devs go for something like Enigma VB to package everything into one executable (e. g. Selena: One Hour Agent):

Just keep in mind, that using Enigma VB doesn't prevent anyone from pulling the content - it just makes it a tad more tricky, but the single exe is mostly for convenience.

If you just want a "cleaner" look, you could also just move everything inside the www folder and adjust the package.json accordingly. Then have a batch file point to the nw.exe inside the www folder (which you could rename to any folder name - just no %% and stuff like that):

Code:
@echo off
start "" "%~dp0/www/nw.exe" >nul 2>&1
exit

You could, of course, turn that batch file into an exe with something like Bat2Exe Converter (its EXEs don't trigger too many AVs, no problem with Defender, but F95 flags its EXEs, for some reason) and you can embed an icon (otherwise you'll usually have to use Resource Manager).
The latest version 3.2 is filled with crap ware, that'll try to get installed alongside. If you're mindful, then you can prevent that - but otherwise just use the last "good version" 3.0.8 (even comes with a portable version, that you don't need to install):

Then it would look like this:
ddb.PNG

Last edited:

Atorod

Aug 4, 2021
I'm really considering uninstalling this game.

I have no idea how you can enjoy playing it if you're not a hardcore jrpg maniac.

I wanted to see if I'd be able to kill a boss with a single hit on level 60, meanwhile, I can't even do that with a slime on level 11! Imagine spending dozens of hours grinding, just to not be able to one-hit a basic slime...

Also,every time I fight, I have to watch these long, unskippable sex scenes, while is irritating on their own, but it's gets even worse when you fight 5 enemies and you have to wait 40 seconds to wait for your turn...

Necropanzer

Game Developer
Mar 24, 2018
shundi82 I don't really mind people accessing the files, if someone wants to do it they will find a way if I were to use the commonly known encryption methods for RPG MV. Thanks for the tip, if I decide to declutter the game folder, now I know how.

Rectifier07 The safe way is to try to do it over multiple battles without resting. Be sure to get hit with pollen moves and evetually it should appear. If you still can't trigger it, let me know.

Atorod Yeah, the game can be somewhat cruel. One feature of the game returns the player to 85% of their max HP upon death, so you don't get stuck in the low level hell after being drained. Not sure about that slime one-hit, did you have any weapons equipped if so did they have any kind of elemental effects? Would you be able to provide a save file where that happens? As for the game speed, there is a way to speed up stuff if you want. Just use the 1-9 numbers and it will speed up the game if you want.

Also, going back to my previous Dev Update comment, the developer post is up on my patreon and discord. I highly encourage to check it out, if you're interested in what's going on.

4.60 star(s) 16 Votes