war117

Nov 9, 2017
That's actually what he said to me. Once his current projects are done (Dominion + Djinn, and Sins) he's only going to be doing one project at a time.

And by making development easier, I meant more along the lines that he lost interest in developing for Dominion (He also lost substar support, apparently). By combining the two, it'll be easier for him to work on it.
So basically the only reason why this is happening is because the developer is bored with the development of this particular project and lost a lot of support from his subscription page. Is that what I’m getting from this interpretation of the situation?

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
So basically the only reason why this is happening is because the developer is bored with the development of this particular project and lost a lot of support from his subscription page. Is that what I’m getting from this interpretation of the situation?
That's my understanding, yeah. Honestly, can't fault him too much with reasons like that.

war117

Nov 9, 2017
That's my understanding, yeah. Honestly, can't fault him too much with reasons like that.
I don’t know how far along this project but wouldn’t it be better to put this project on hold and doing an evaluation on all projects see how further long they are focused. The ones that are a bit further along and put at least the ones that are not as advanced in development on hold until that particular project is done and if the development is with this particular project wouldn’t be better just put it on hold it on the project so he’s got a bit more passion on and then come back to this one of those ones are done because if he’s combining this game, along with the other one wouldn’t be better to complete the other project 1st to see if some of the face elements of the other game can work with the remake

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i think your right when a dev try's to take on more then one game, they burn there selves out faster pick the most you like work on it tell your done. also let you patrons know what your doing that will also help. there are those out there that work on three games but i think they split them between updates.

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
Probably not the updates you want. Yet again, the dev is completely changing the game.
View attachment 3105212
View attachment 3105213
Oh-boy-here-we-go.jpg

Made worse is that fact that the discord is full of yes men dickriders that won't tell them to cut the shit, and actually stick with it
I'm pretty sure that he discord is full of "yes men" because as soon as someone says something to them they kick them, and now surely only the asskissers are left or because those who lost interest after so much shit decided to leave.

war117

Nov 9, 2017
i think your right when a dev try's to take on more then one game, they burn there selves out faster pick the most you like work on it tell your done. also let you patrons know what your doing that will also help. there are those out there that work on three games but i think they split them between updates.
And that’s the thing that’s an issue for any developer that tries and does more than one project at a time, but the other factor is there needs to be good communications between those were supporting a developer and the development themselves. They need to make sure that everyone the goals of the development cycle I mean you can’t use excuses such as this and this tide to change again completely I mean if this happened with a major AAA video game I bet the fans would be up in arms about that decision and if it was for an excuse like they were bored with the current development of the game those fans would be out for someone to get fired from their job, but I mean if that developer fits easier for them good on them, but the best thing they can do is really stop and think before actually committing it and doing this combination because once they do it there’s no going back they can’t decide to change it back they really need to think long and hard and they need to accept that sometimes giving brute honest opinions about the situation will help them. They can’t rely on people to help them. They need people that can give them honest opinions about the strategy, so that way they can grow as a developer

war117

Nov 9, 2017
View attachment 3121087

I'm pretty sure that he discord is full of "yes men" because as soon as someone says something to them they kick them, and now surely only the asskissers are left or because those who lost interest after so much shit decided to leave.
And that’s probably the number one mistake of developer can do is the moment someone has a disagreement about their plans about the game and then to kick them out because it doesn’t matter whether the developer agree or not With that person perspective agreement or not about the plan it’s always positive. They have an interaction with someone that can give constructive talk about the game about its pros about its negative look at it as a learning curve and as a free help because nine times out of 10 as developer might not see something that a player of the game can, especially with things that might not be able to make sense with a remake

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
i would say one of my big thing's is to many futa stuff now day's don't get me wrong i have now problem with them just get tired of it every were lol. i am also an asshole who see's people fucking up characters i grow up on be giveing them cocks. but that's just me.

war117

Nov 9, 2017
i would say one of my big thing's is to many futa stuff now day's don't get me wrong i have now problem with them just get tired of it every were lol. i am also an asshole who see's people fucking up characters i grow up on be giveing them cocks. but that's just me.
That’s true, but the argument could be the same for many other genres or protagonist, because a lot of people would be complaining about this many of this protagonist or there’s not enough of this protagonist

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
That’s true, but the argument could be the same for many other genres or protagonist, because a lot of people would be complaining about this many of this protagonist or there’s not enough of this protagonist
Except it's not true at all, it's just negativity bias. Let's use this site as an example.
Male Protag games : 10,564
Fem Protag games : 5,006
Futa Protag games: 426
Futa/Trans in general: 1434
Not even mentioning the fact that only 3 games on the LU page (at the time of writing) have the futa/trans tag. I don't know where this idea is coming from that it's everywhere when it clearly isn't.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well for me there are alot of videos were i have scene tifa lockhart it's just movie clips t me not games. not sayingpeople can't have what they want just not in to that stuff but will put up with it if i have too.

DominicLC

Jun 29, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.Image object ('Screens/Home/00 Home Entryway/Entryway Day.webp') at 0x000000000e7964c0>:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'Screens/Home/00 Home Entryway/Entryway Day.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "Scripts/Home/Home_Entryway.rpyc", line 14, in script
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2232, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2220, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 281, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 609, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3181, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3912, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2602, in draw_screen
surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
File "render.pyx", line 495, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 884, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 884, in render
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\transform.py", line 747, in render
return transform_render(self, width, height, st, at)
File "accelerator.pyx", line 187, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 506, in render
return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 309, in wrap_render
rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 627, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 295, in get
surf = image.load()
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 720, in load
raise e
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 685, in load
filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename)
File "F:\P GameZ\oneZ RunninG\JD\Dominion-1.04Final-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 820, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
OSError: Couldn't find file 'Screens/Home/00 Home Entryway/Entryway Day.webp'.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Dominion 1.04Final
Sun Apr 30 20:25:18 2023
Have you figure this one out yet, I got the same error...

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
Don't know if it will be an update to this page or a new page all together, the first post of the new version of the game will hopefully be by the end of this month, but that is NOT a set in stone date.

Dec 3, 2020
What in world even is this game? It doesn't even function at all. All the screens are completely black and gives a rollback error message like every other second. Is there a fix anywhere? Is it just the new build that's completely screwed up or has it always been this broken?

2.90 star(s) 34 Votes