AsmodeusDen

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2021
We are really happy about the reception that the new version had the last weeks! We really enjoy making this content, and improving it over time. Thank you all for your support , Patreons and followers alike!

-Baal

AsmodeusDen

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2021
Hello everyone ! Baal here. Asera was doing all the answers for a while due to me not being able to make F95 work in my Pc. For some reason the forum failed to load most of the time the last couple of days. While not fixed, it seems the problem is less frequent now, so i will try to answer most your replies in a super comment to not spam everyone with, like, 12 messages or so. But before all, thank you all so very much for your kind words, your encouragment and your support. We are really happy of how 0.2 turned out, and the response of everyone here and on Patreon. Thank you all of F95, you are an amazing community!

@AsmodeusDen

I enjoyed your game quite a lot. The art is good, the story is inviting and the choices actually matter! Well done! I look forward to future updates.

If I may ask you something, please do not change the version of RenPy you're using. You see, my computer can't run the newest version, so I'd be quite displeases missing out on the game.
Thank you! We are glad to hear that. We are not planning on changing the RenPy version at the moment, so you should be fine for now :)

Overlord vibes... Must... Take off pants...
If you are refering to the videogame franchise, it was one of my favorites years ago, so it should be at least mentioned as inspiration for the kind of stories i like. I never catch up to the anime.

Wow thanks for the quick reply!
As stated above by Daddums, I wouldn't go 3D either, 3D brings the uncanny valley way faster, it's also grows boring quite fast as many devs rip the same assets over and over again, while drawn 2D can evolve, get better over time.
Ofc there are few isolated case : MIST and A Tale of Eden, as it is self made assets and original art that cope well with the tech the dev had.
City of broken dreamers, well idk the workstation's specs but the dev must have a beast.
I kinda like Phasmohentaia too I think the use of the assets is well made but it is also because there is this whole dungeon crawler thing.
BUT, nothin', NOTHING beats 2D waifus and you ALL KNOW IT!

Also your game runs nicely on joiplay

Thank you so much for this gem. I love it ! 10 of 10 point. or 9/10 because there is at the moment no loli in game... because f95 friends love lolis.
Thank you soo much for your support here and on Patreon! It really meant a lot to us.

Love it so far. The only thing that would make it better is some Goblin or Midna style shortstack imp waifus.

Also, the drawing style here(especially expressions) looks VERY simmilar to Principenegro when he draws anything from a less cartoony setting that involves rape or domination. The dude had over 6000 pics on pixiv until they nuked him due to not putting japan style censorship(half of his stuff is still posted on paheal and sfw astuff on deviant). He's fast and he takes commisions, you might want to check on him if you ever feel shorthanded.
WELL... We ARE planning to add monster girls to the game. Like lots. I have at least 3 planned, and Ariesnell is already there. So a Goblin/Imp shorstack waifu.... you may have your chance with one in a future update, though i couldnt promise nothing as of now (because we already have everything more or less planned for 0.3 and 0.4...maybe 0.5?)
Btw, love Principenegro! Never notice the similarity in the art, but it is true.

Fricking super. This sandbox-game (even tho i hate sandboxes) is something like a gloat of fresh new air among " go to computer - earn money - repeat " sandboxes. I wasn't even horny because I was engaged in the plot fully. BRUTAL!!!!! RAPE, KILL, CONQUERE!!!

Kissing you in the navel, dev :3 as you can seeyou got some players fired up

the only thing that I would advice: follow only your direction, don't do genres you don't like. You do it somehow visual novel 50% and sandbox 50%. Do so forward on, because it's your liking, don't bend please!!!
Thats the actitude good Pillager! We are trying to make a less fetishized and more grim and realistic power fantasy, though it is still fantasy, mind you. So BRUTAL is one of the key words for this proyect. The thing you said about genres is a must, we are really clear that we will not write / drawn something that we wouldnt like.
Thank you for the support!

Ok, just downloaded and played the game and I have a few observations/suggestions to make:

1. The good parts:
- the basic story setting has been done before but it is good (I especially like the paladin hypocrisy angle).
- multiple choices and freedom of movement.
- sandbox.
- sex actions are repeatable.

2. The bad parts:
- grammar mistakes and phrase construction. It is clear that you think in a different language and then translate.
Maybe you could get someone to proofread? or run the sentences through a text processor / translation software?
It is perfectly playable as it is, but could be improved.

3. Things that could be better (just my opinion):
- more pictures/frames per action. As it is, the action relies heavily on text and storytelling. Visual support would be good,
specially in the sex scenes.
- I don't know who does the art for the game, but maybe you could diversify? Or go full 3D? Of course, depending on your
access to 3D software, experience, etc.

All in all, enjoyable game. Keep giving choices to players and keep the game sandbox, and you'll do good.

Thank you.
Thank you very much! The critiqe, as long as it is constructive, is as welcome as the kind words here!
You have a point in more than one place. It is true that my main lenguage isnt english, and im trying to perfect my grammar specially for future updates. Im even reading some of my favorite books in english to improve my grasp on the lenguage (A song of ice and fire books, for anyone curious).
While we apreciate the suggestion, we are not going to change the art style, though we are trying our best to improve it, and make it evolve. 2D has its fans, and we think it goes better with the themes of the game. Also, its just what we like to do! So even though you may have a point about diversifing the art and we may aply that for future proyects, we preffer to do something that we enjoy and see it develop over time.
That out of the way, thank you very much for the advice and support!

-------------------

Well, that took longer that i though, so im stoping here for now. For everyone i didnt personally thank, be sure that we really apreciate your support and your encouragement, and we hope you enjoyed our game!
See you all in 0.3!

-Baal.

Reactions: rance4747

_Asera_

May 30, 2021
Your art is fine. I wouldn't go 3D, especially if you have no experience in it. The only decent 3D around is from models people already purchased - I also presume some people pirate them when they shouldn't - or games like Honey Select or Koikatsu -- which has dubious legal uses in terms of seeking profit. Either way 3D in general can be very uncanny, especially with the inexperienced. Plus those particular games start to blend into each other. Your art makes it unique and your own, it gives the game its identity.

I'm not certain what they mean by diversify, maybe they mean different character types? Petite, tall, muscular, milfy... etc., that would be fine, but if they mean different aesthetics or different artists then no I don't think you should diversify as you want consistent art. If the art isn't consistent it can be a huge deal breaker and take you out of the game. I swear I played one where one art was cutesy and the other damn near professional, it... shatters the immersion.

If you were to go animated - as ironic as it is - Live2D would probably work out the best for you. I say it's ironic because Live2D follows a similar structure to 3D if I'm not mistaken, but the art looks as if it's 2D while in motion. This too will take time to learn, but I feel it's the better compromise. Especially since you should embrace your art to separate yourself from other games.

Otherwise you'll have to do what I call "shake the can" animation, where it cuts from one picture to another and repeats as if it was in motion. Like you were shaking something back and forth. So two pictures, one drawn as the hip pulled back and the other as the hip connected. You would swap between these two to give an illusion of motion.

Well, that particular screed out of the way. I will say I do enjoy this game, warts and all. I wouldn't mind freezing those particular warts off at some point; such as the lag in the images as the text moves the story along - like with the first sex scene with Airesnell there was just the background until the text had neared its conclusion, right before the big reveal, and suddenly there she was - or the grammar and syntax which you will be working on. It's just so refreshing to have a game where the choices actually matter. Thank you.
I hadn't thought about Live2D! That's actually a great idea for really far away updates or why not, maybe other projects. You're right, I think that sticking to one type of art through is better and helps with the inmmersion, its honestly nice having people doing constructive criticism of one's art to help improvement. So thank you very much to all coments about art and recommendations, I will definitely keep practicing to bring everyone the best art possible!
- Asera, the artist, from her personal account because having two people logged in the main account at the same time is a hassle

Reactions: Daddums

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Hello Asmodeus I have downloaded this game of yours and so far I like what I see.

The art and game play are a bit basic but that's not a bad thing if this is an early release, the art is good for 2d art and I have a feeling that as this fine game progresses the art and game play will improve.

I am enjoying this game and will be following it's progress, thank you for your hard work and if you have a team helping you with this game be sure to tell them thanks for their hard work.

• Red Heart
Reactions: AsmodeusDen

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
The game looks like it allows the player nearly total freedom, i like that.
With some proofreading i'm sure it'll become quite the fun game.
/bookmarked

• Red Heart

AsmodeusDen

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2021
AsmodeusDen when I interact with Anya I get at the top right of the screen "image 'fell2' not found."
Thanks! We'll see to fix that in the next realese.
Hello Asmodeus I have downloaded this game of yours and so far I like what I see.

The art and game play are a bit basic but that's not a bad thing if this is an early release, the art is good for 2d art and I have a feeling that as this fine game progresses the art and game play will improve.

I am enjoying this game and will be following it's progress, thank you for your hard work and if you have a team helping you with this game be sure to tell them thanks for their hard work.
The game looks like it allows the player nearly total freedom, i like that.
With some proofreading i'm sure it'll become quite the fun game.
/bookmarked
Thank you soo much guys, it means a lot to us!
We are trying to improve our writing, and from 0.3 1$ Patreons will be able to access previews of the game if they want to help with the proof reading!

• Red Heart
Reactions: soccerstud516

AsmodeusDen

Game Developer
Oct 1, 2021
We are sorry for the delay everyone! Waaay too many problems with my pc. They are not fixed, at all, but at least we can use it to develop the game and reply for now.

-Baal.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
I love the concept.

The writting is... Readable but i am sure they get around to fixing that.

Hated the entire: Saved by my father from the succubus draining my soul part.
Not ment as an attack on the game.
I just hate the entire: Power given by someone else crap.
I like it more when the main characters gains power through his own deeds rather then it being given to them.
Started of good tho.
Summoning a demon and killing someone with a rune trap.
Smart.

Will probley check it up when there is more content.

4.60 star(s) 10 Votes