cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Maybe, but no date so far, and i dont think it will be the case in this year... so if you want to play for free, youre end is chapter 18, and you will get very angry, i assure you that ^^
most likely this year ep 19 will be released for free, epilogues are diff. thing. i have patience and this isn't that important since it feels like transitions take more time than playing itself.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Question: Why wait so long for free Ep 19 ?
Free Ep 18 has been out for a while and the game seem to be complete.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Actually Free ep 18 hasn't even been released yet, iirc.
Well, maybe not on Love-Joint, but here, we have Ep: 18 for free and off line too.

And my questgion still stand, Question: Why wait so long for free Ep 19 ?
And now i have to add Ep: 18 since your saying that Free Ep: 18 isn't out yet.

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Well, maybe not on Love-Joint, but here, we have Ep: 18 for free and off line too.

Ep 18 was leaked a long time ago thats why it's on here, ep 17 was released for free like in March or something, we will probably have to wait a while longer for ep 18 public release then several more months for ep 19 release then even longer than that for the 2 epilogues LOL.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Ep 18 was leaked a long time ago thats why it's on here, ep 17 was released for free like in March or something, we will probably have to wait a while longer for ep 18 public release then several more months for ep 19 release then even longer than that for the 2 epilogues LOL.
So basicaly, you're saying that i'll be a great grandfather before i see the end of this ? :):eek:

Jan 12, 2019

Well, since we don't know what's going on, what LJ team's been through since Palmer's death, all we have to do is wait peacefully. The release date's not we who are going to decide when it will be. Even if they just don't want to release, it's their wish so just wait.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
So basicaly, you're saying that i'll be a great grandfather before i see the end of this ? :):eek:
I seem to recall reading somewhere in this thread: no more leaks out of respect as Palmer passed away, and so giving the dev team a break.

Ep 19 and epilogues will be released for free eventually, or you can, as I did, pledge in their Patron for a bit and finish the game.

Reactions: Zane Truesdale

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Hah don't think there is a need to get that pessimistic, Love-Joint has always been really cool with their fans - they released the last episode of their previous game (for free) together with all the epilogues all at once.

They are currently busy with Shale Hill, so the next DH release will have to wait for a bit. Let's appreciate the fact that they are releasing it for free in the first place, and patiently wait. ;) This is the whole point, if you want to see things earlier, you support them on Patreon. On top of being able to kick the c*** out of Dennis, you also get plenty of bonus content etc.
Actually, there is a reason to get "that pessimistic". While LJ does technically release the episodes for free, they have made a habit of extending the time between. For example, free episodes were supposed to be three (3) months behind the Patreon release. Go check DFD. It was three months for a while, but slowly and surely dragged out to a longer interval, that at some point was several months.

We have seen the same practice for this game. Free updates lagging behind the "announced" (if only by history) schedule. Of course, LJ is attributing the delay to the events of the past year (RIP Palmer. I might not have agreed with his scruples, but he did put himself out there as a DEV, agree with him or not). However, if that is the case, then why was ONLY episode 19 fully protected/share-blocked? It seems more to try to force the 'desperate' to subscribe than the stated mission of 'delivering free games'...

I truly WANTED to become a subscriber for the last game. But the plot shift, in addition to the release change, made me rethink that decision. Then LJ continued the delay tactics with this game.

Honesty/Integrity/Transparency are my biggest conditions to pledge a dev/group. Neither DfD NOR DH have fulfilled the 'It's free at this point' narrative. This felt like switch-er-oo to me, thus I never finished DfD, and, for the record, have NEVER PLAYED DH. I had my doubts on its release, and those have been proven true: Delayed release cycle with no announcement WHY.

Watch what happens with Game 3. The free releases will be tightly coupled to the main releases, but over time, they will start to lag behind.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I really don't think we can complain about free releases. If you want the game on a more regular basis you just have to pay. Otherwise I think it's poor form to complain that you aren't getting a free game at the time of your liking.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Hah don't think there is a need to get that pessimistic, Love-Joint has always been really cool with their fans - they released the last episode of their previous game (for free) together with all the epilogues all at once.
yes after long pestering by posters about it.

Holmster74

Aug 27, 2020
Well I understand why they wait with the release, but then they might delete the motto on their website..

“Creating FREE games” For some this might not seem like free.. ‍♂‍♂

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well I understand why they wait with the release, but then they might delete the motto on their website..

“Creating FREE games” For some this might not seem like free.. ‍♂‍♂
they have dfd + epis for free and 16/17 of 19 chs of dh for free and in dfd before some started to release patreon version for free updates for non-patrons were frequent after that not that frequent.

Holmster74

Aug 27, 2020
they have dfd + epis for free and 16/17 of 19 chs of dh for free and in dfd before some started to release patreon version for free updates for non-patrons were frequent after that not that frequent.
As I wrote, OTHERS might not think the phrase is allright.. I just made a point, nothing more..

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
I supported them through most of DfD, DH, and the first episodes of their new game. Financially, I can't justify it anymore, and the games themselves are becoming less what I want. The new game seemed more of what I didn't like in DH. Maybe I'll support again in the future, especially a few updates down the line or if I start to hear really good things about the new game. But for now I think my limited money is best spent elsewhere. And since I'm not paying, I don't expect to be playing either. I do think offering updates to the public can be a good business model. It brings in paying customers. But I can see why it deosn't makes sense for the final update and any epilogues to be released. If you're that invested in the game at that point where you need to know how it ends, I'd find the way to subscribe as cheaply as I could for one month to get the content.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I supported them through most of DfD, DH, and the first episodes of their new game. Financially, I can't justify it anymore, and the games themselves are becoming less what I want. The new game seemed more of what I didn't like in DH. Maybe I'll support again in the future, especially a few updates down the line or if I start to hear really good things about the new game. But for now I think my limited money is best spent elsewhere. And since I'm not paying, I don't expect to be playing either. I do think offering updates to the public can be a good business model. It brings in paying customers. But I can see why it deosn't makes sense for the final update and any epilogues to be released. If you're that invested in the game at that point where you need to know how it ends, I'd find the way to subscribe as cheaply as I could for one month to get the content.
That is a trouble with the Patreon model. Even if you're financially sound, after awhile you realize that you have paid $100, $200, $500 over the course of a year or two for a video game. Eventually, no game is worth that much.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I wonder if this is the price to pay for niche games that cater to a small crowd - would they have been made otherwise? Just thinking out loud - some of the games that are featured on F95 are very professionally done. Unless they can be sold on Steam etc., is there another way?
It's a fair point. Patreon has been a godsend for independent creators, and I think that's great. Taken as a whole there is a lot of money available to creators via Patreon, money that would otherwise never have found creators. As individuals though, the long-term cost of a game is VERY high. If you can find a game that is complete/late in development, then you can get an absolute steal! But if you're backing a game like DH or DFD from the beginning, after about 10 months it's starting to get expensive...and you aren't even half way. That's one of the reasons I think the sweet spot for a monthly game is 18 months. For me, when I start to push two years with one project I begin to question the money I'm spending.

Reactions: Corambis
3.30 star(s) 90 Votes