Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Hey, so I haven't played this game since update 5 or so, so I gotta ask a few questions. It's clear that Dennis sucks. He sucks soooooo hard and why he was created as annoying as he was is crap. The one thing that I disagreed with Palmer on (RIP). With that made abundantly clear, how much do we have to endure of him throughout the series. I get that he's a roadblock for the

1. MC, but how often is he gonna affect the story? I'm willing to accept 25% at max.
2. How all encompassing is he to the plot?
3. Will he be in every update? 3.a How much in each?

Also, yes I know that there are dumb NTRish cliffhangers and teases.
4. If you can, how many of those are there if you know. Thanks!

Bonus points, you can spoil it for me if Dennis gets dunked in a tank of boiling water and he'll never be the same again, or if he gets chainsawed, or if there is a graphic unskippable rape scene with him in prison with people taking turns. Feel free to share these facts :D

Tronman

Aug 18, 2017
The mega links for ep 13 through 18 are coming if file is not available for me. The nopy links are working for me though.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
@ Larry2000

Your Questions

1. I have not calculated the % of the dennis content, but 25% is already high
2. I would say he plays an important role in the story, especially in the last two episodes, but he is not omnipresent.
3 No

4 @ NTR
There are a few (if I remember correctly 2 or 3) clear allusions, but don't worry.

For the bonus points, rest assured, he gets what he deserves in ep 19, possibly even more than that, depends on what you expect. ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

By your love to Dennis, I would recommend you to play it again only when ep19 is publicly available, or to become a patreon in order to be able to play the last episode (what i grant lovejoint, because they can urgently need the support after palmer's death), otherwise you will be left with boiling blood on a giant cliffhanger.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1. MC, but how often is he gonna affect the story? I'm willing to accept 25% at max.
2. How all encompassing is he to the plot?
3. Will he be in every update? 3.a How much in each?

Also, yes I know that there are dumb NTRish cliffhangers and teases.
4. If you can, how many of those are there if you know. Thanks!

Bonus points, you can spoil it for me if Dennis gets dunked in a tank of boiling water and he'll never be the same again, or if he gets chainsawed, or if there is a graphic unskippable rape scene with him in prison with people taking turns. Feel free to share these facts :D
1. he pops up like bad penny when least expected esp. when mc is trying to talk to girls
2. his goal is to make mc's life miserable (after mc rejected his offer) and partially he succeeds on it
3. yes and makes frequent appears
4. no ntr just teasers

only patrons and devs know that and they have kept their mouth shut.

• Love
Reactions: Larry2000

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
1. he pops up like bad penny when least expected esp. when mc is trying to talk to girls
2. his goal is to make mc's life miserable (after mc rejected his offer) and partially he succeeds on it
3. yes and makes frequent appears
4. no ntr just teasers

only patrons and devs know that and they have kept their mouth shut.
Wowie-wow-ee! I wasn't expecting such a precise and complete answer. Thank you!
On a side note: in your opinion, is it so much of drag? Like, do his attempts at chaos always affect the MC? Sometimes a villain appears and tries to do something to the MC and if they are like normal people, they can take some things here and there but don't look too worse for wear. Is the MC just taking it and feeling like it's the end of the world everytime it happens?
Example: Dennis threatens him with a picture of him beating off to one of the girls. Does he give into the blackmail and cry? Or, does he find a way out of it like a fucking worthy MC?

Again, thanks!

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
The MC proves to be worthy late.
Just play it, or do you always watch the end of a film first?
nah man, you don't understand what I'm saying. I've played the game before. I stopped cause I forgot to keep up with it. I'm asking cause I remember the bad taste in my mouth around Dennis the idiot. I'm asking as to not waste my time or at least brace myself for the fantastic "device to move the plot forward" (the fun name the Devs had for him) that is Dennis. Wouldn't you ask if a movie was right for you if you had a bad impression on the director or subject matter? If not, cool, but some people would like to know :)
Also, I'm not asking for spoilers, you're silly.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
Na, i get it at the first time, but like i said

Spatenklopper said:
By your love to Dennis, I would recommend you to play it again only when ep19 is publicly available, or to become a patreon in order to be able to play the last episode (what i grant lovejoint, because they can urgently need the support after palmer's death), otherwise you will be left with boiling blood on a giant cliffhanger.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Wowie-wow-ee! I wasn't expecting such a precise and complete answer. Thank you!
On a side note: in your opinion, is it so much of drag? Like, do his attempts at chaos always affect the MC? Sometimes a villain appears and tries to do something to the MC and if they are like normal people, they can take some things here and there but don't look too worse for wear. Is the MC just taking it and feeling like it's the end of the world everytime it happens?
Example: Dennis threatens him with a picture of him beating off to one of the girls. Does he give into the blackmail and cry? Or, does he find a way out of it like a fucking worthy MC?

Again, thanks!
not always but when he is up-to-no good then does.

• Red Heart

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
nah man, you don't understand what I'm saying. I've played the game before. I stopped cause I forgot to keep up with it. I'm asking cause I remember the bad taste in my mouth around Dennis the idiot. I'm asking as to not waste my time or at least brace myself for the fantastic "device to move the plot forward" (the fun name the Devs had for him) that is Dennis. Wouldn't you ask if a movie was right for you if you had a bad impression on the director or subject matter? If not, cool, but some people would like to know :)
Also, I'm not asking for spoilers, you're silly.
It was touch and go their for a few updates, but in the end Dennis gets his and you'll be satisfied if you really hated him. There were some growing pains in the middle of the game so I get why you would be hesitant to jump back in. But if you're main hangup was that you couldn't stand Dennis and you weren't sure if there would be a satisfying ending, you can rest assured there is.

• Love

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
It was touch and go their for a few updates, but in the end Dennis gets his and you'll be satisfied if you really hated him. There were some growing pains in the middle of the game so I get why you would be hesitant to jump back in. But if you're main hangup was that you couldn't stand Dennis and you weren't sure if there would be a satisfying ending, you can rest assured there is.
If Dennis is forced to watch his mother get banged by MC It'd be the best. Dennis was such a prick I don't see any other way. Maybe if Mr. Happy went missing? Oh well, I guess I'll sit through the torture again :/ The girls are good, but man was he annoying. I just hope they'd remake it on a better engine. Cause man, that engine was TURRIBLE! Same with Daughter for Dessert. It was impossible to replay cause skipping was tortuously slow and the game itself would bloat my ram to the max sometimes.

Thanks for the reply! Short, sweet and simple. You deserve a gold star!

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
If Dennis is forced to watch his mother get banged by MC It'd be the best. Dennis was such a prick I don't see any other way. Maybe if Mr. Happy went missing? Oh well, I guess I'll sit through the torture again :/ The girls are good, but man was he annoying. I just hope they'd remake it on a better engine. Cause man, that engine was TURRIBLE! Same with Daughter for Dessert. It was impossible to replay cause skipping was tortuously slow and the game itself would bloat my ram to the max sometimes.

Thanks for the reply! Short, sweet and simple. You deserve a gold star!
Their new game is on a new engine. The dev team has talked about how the engine for DFD and DH was pushed to its max and the limitations were an issue. You know, it is what is; they had to make do.

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Their new game is on a new engine. The dev team has talked about how the engine for DFD and DH was pushed to its max and the limitations were an issue. You know, it is what is; they had to make do.
I understand that, but to play devil's advocate, they didn't have to choose such bad engines. I get that it's their own proprietary engine and there is respect there. But I think 100% of the audience would have been more satisfied with almost ANY engine. I remember that terrible one that Witches Academy was made in, Tyrano or something, that may have been a better engine. Hell, I have a busted engine in my car, that might have ran better :p

I only kid because I love. Not the engine, that was bad, but the games I have a soft spot for, which is why I'm here. :)

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I think it's one of those things where when the game was in development in mid 2019 the engine wasn't as limited, but in hindsight they recognized they should have moved on before starting DH. DFD was, I think, a surprise smash hit which totally changed everything from the audience and expectations. I don't think Palmer himself had ever had anything like that level of success before. So the follow up planned and really pushed the engine when, in hindsight, they would have been better off taking longer and developing a new engine. But at the time I think they really wanted to capitalize on the success of DFD.

Anyways, the team seems to have learned their lessons for the new game. New engine, new development practice, etc.

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes