Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
no downloadable official eps ever nor quite likely ever will be made.
The emphasis is on official.

EP 1-18 is definitely available as download.
At least they are safe on my hard drive.

Edit:
Only the mega links are dead, for example nopy is still available

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
The emphasis is on official.

EP 1-18 is definitely available as download.
At least they are safe on my hard drive.

Edit:
Only the mega links are dead, for example nopy is still available
good for you but due nopy acting up those can't be gotten from there.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
With DfD the devs has similarly waited for quite a while to release the last episode, but when they did they bundle it with all the epilogues. It was a very nice move and hope they will do the same with DH. Think at this point anyone who was thinking about supporting them on Patreon to see the ending has already done so quite a while ago.
yea after loud group of free players wanted last ep and epilogues.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
With DfD the devs has similarly waited for quite a while to release the last episode, but when they did they bundle it with all the epilogues. It was a very nice move and hope they will do the same with DH. Think at this point anyone who was thinking about supporting them on Patreon to see the ending has already done so quite a while ago.
The thing is... While they took their time to release the last DFD update with epilogues, they also were releasing their new game (DH), and each month was a free release. So, while people waited for the endings of DFD, they could still check out Double Homework for free and start playing that. Current Love-Joint does nothing. They don't release DH final update and they don't let you try their latest game for free either. So, only the patrons get rewards. Palmer's promise of "Our games will always be free" basically doesn't apply to the modern Love-joint it seems. I just wish they were open about it if they don't like sharing their stuff for free.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
They don't release DH final update and they don't let you try their latest game for free either.
wrong, their latest is free, previous ep gets released for free shortly after when patrons get new update.

Zed | Love-Joint - is releasing the DH finale in the same way it was done with DfD (i.e. with epilogues) something you guys could consider?

It would be awesome if L-J did it. Thanks in advance! :)
that was original promise.

Reactions: Power Lord

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
wrong, their latest is free, previous ep gets released for free shortly after when patrons get new update.
Are you 100% sure of that? Did you check it before replying? Because I can't find it on their website (All links redirect to Patreon), and none of the Patreon posts (except for promos) are free. So, what's the deal?

Reactions: Power Lord

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Are you 100% sure of that? Did you check it before replying? Because I can't find it on their website (All links redirect to Patreon), and none of the Patreon posts are free. So, what's the deal?
cannot say what's on their website but search shale hill secrets at f95 (i bumped on it semi-accidentally) and you'll find it. totally different than dfd or dh but ...... well dl and play it and decide if you like it or not (i think you will but we'll see).

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
cannot say what's on their website but search shale hill secrets at f95 (i bumped on it semi-accidentally) and you'll find it. totally different than dfd or dh but ...... well dl and play it and decide if you like it or not (i think you will but we'll see).
Then it was pirated/leaked if it ended up here but not on their site. Which means their newest game still wasn't released officially for free, which was my arguing point. The current management of Love-joint just doesn't like sharing, when Palmer released DH for free officially each month while people waited for the ending of DFD.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Then it was pirated/leaked if it ended up here but not on their site. Which means their newest game still wasn't released officially for free, which was my arguing point. The current management of Love-joint just doesn't like sharing, when Palmer released DH for free officially each month while people waited for the ending of DFD.
not pirated, they share prev. update for free at f95 (and i think svs offers same version and prolly other sites too), they are thread mods unlike on this and dfd. they added copyright protection on dfd ch 15 and tightened it on dh and shs has it too. just check that thread.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Zed | Love-Joint - is releasing the DH finale in the same way it was done with DfD (i.e. with epilogues) something you guys could consider?

It would be awesome if L-J did it. Thanks in advance! :)
Hey - It's something we've discussed but will decide 100% upon release (which we currently have no ETA for)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Apologies if this question is getting repeated for the nth time, but i tried searching through the comments to see wether theres NTR or not? but i got conflicting answers so could anyone clarify if theres NTR or not?
only tease of ntr (2 scenes) not actual ntr.

Reactions: TheLegend1337

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
So they're honoring Palmer by going against his principles? :censored:
This comment doesn't really sit right with me.

To be clear, for a VERY long time, even under Palmer, we took the "No ETA" approach with free releases - that hasn't changed since his passing. You can go back to when he was still with us, he and ourselves said the same to people.

Ultimately, we don't set scheduled release dates for free releases now (before Palmer passed) as it's a mistake we feel we made in the past. Things happen and things change, setting a date adds an unneeded pressure to the team and backlash if we fail to meet the date depending on a number of reasons.

There's no "particular" reason regarding EP19, many factors. The team is now smaller, working with a lot less budget, focusing on building a new engine, new game, new assets, new environments, new characters amongst other things behind the scenes while starting from nothing again and building ourselves back up. Our team got smaller, our budget got smaller, our workload stayed the same / went up. All these things factor into that. I really think it's fair enough to understand these things. I'm not trying to argue it or offend anyone, just wanting to tell things from my point of view.

"Palmer's principles" were for the games to be released for free down the line, we haven't moved away from that, we will release it for free eventually.

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes