AlmostHuman

Aug 12, 2018
This comment doesn't really sit right with me.

To be clear, for a VERY long time, even under Palmer, we took the "No ETA" approach with free releases - that hasn't changed since his passing. You can go back to when he was still with us, he and ourselves said the same to people.

Ultimately, we don't set scheduled release dates for free releases now (before Palmer passed) as it's a mistake we feel we made in the past. Things happen and things change, setting a date adds an unneeded pressure to the team and backlash if we fail to meet the date depending on a number of reasons.

There's no "particular" reason regarding EP19, many factors. The team is now smaller, working with a lot less budget, focusing on building a new engine, new game, new assets, new environments, new characters amongst other things behind the scenes while starting from nothing again and building ourselves back up. Our team got smaller, our budget got smaller, our workload stayed the same / went up. All these things factor into that. I really think it's fair enough to understand these things. I'm not trying to argue it or offend anyone, just wanting to tell things from my point of view.

"Palmer's principles" were for the games to be released for free down the line, we haven't moved away from that, we will release it for free eventually.
EP 1-18 was released 4-6 weeks after patron release, EP 19 is now 8 months and counting.

So not only do we have a story that seems to of been ended a lot sooner then originally planned but we get the long wait too.

Think i'll wait till your new VN has a Completed tag and check the comments before i consider investing any more time or restarting my Patron.

AlmostHuman

Aug 12, 2018
Shame that this game is ending ... feels like maybe it was rushed to a end

So they could make a different game
I 100% agree that this feels rushed to an end.

I don't get why you was called a douch, yes Palmer sadly passed away but maybe the rest of the team could of continued the story for a while longer as a tribute to Palmer?

Reactions: michael1984

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
No idea if Palmer was the brain or the brawn of the game, but if he was the brain it's probably for the best to end it sooner rather than later as unnecessarily drawing out the story wouldn't do any good since you'll never really achieve what was planned. A new game however can have a fresh start with a new brain. Both scenarios aren't ideal, but if you have to choose between two "bad" alternatives, wouldn't it be better to choose the one that's over quicker?

Reactions: AlmostHuman

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
EP 1-18 was released 4-6 weeks after patron release, EP 19 is now 8 months and counting.
Episode 18 was released on Patreon in September 2020 and for free in May 2021.
Episode 17 was released on Patreon in July 2020 and for free in February 2021.

That continues on, it's not been 4-6 weeks for a very very long time, even under Palmer.

Palmer sadly passed away but maybe the rest of the team could of continued the story for a while longer as a tribute to Palmer?
Double Homework was planned to finish at Episode 19 before Palmer passed, we were developing it as he passed away.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Episode 18 was released on Patreon in September 2020 and for free in May 2021.
Episode 17 was released on Patreon in July 2020 and for free in February 2021.

That continues on, it's not been 4-6 weeks for a very very long time, even under Palmer.

Double Homework was planned to finish at Episode 19 before Palmer passed, we were developing it as he passed away.
You know if 10 of you REALLY want the rest you can pitch in $1 each and get the rest ($10 I think is right) and share among you 10. It isn't that expensive when you think about it.

PEACE

EDIT: I replied to you Zed but obviously I meant the others here who were whining about the end of the game. Sorry for the possible confusion.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
Shame that this game is ending ... feels like maybe it was rushed to a end

So they could make a different game
I 100% agree that this feels rushed to an end.

I don't get why you was called a douch, yes Palmer sadly passed away but maybe the rest of the team could of continued the story for a while longer as a tribute to Palmer?
I have to disagree guys. If Palmer was the true brains of this story and the original plans was for this to go 19 chapters like Zed said then it wouldn’t make sense to try to drag out more content just for the hell of it.

I’d rather just see this game ended since Palmer is no longer with us. Versus them continue it and ruin the game even more.

Reactions: michael1984

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I have to disagree guys. If Palmer was the true brains of this story and the original plans was for this to go 19 chapters like Zed said then it wouldn’t make sense to try to drag out more content just for the hell of it.

I’d rather just see this game ended since Palmer is no longer with us. Versus them continue it and ruin the game even more.
Ruin the game even more? That insinuates they ruined the game at all, which I don't agree with. The game had its flaws, but they existed well before Palmer's passing. I agree that nothing about the game's ending felt rushed, 19 episodes is a long time to tell a story. But whatever flaws the game had didn't occur because Palmer passed, they existed in the game from the very beginning.

House Of Black

Jun 5, 2020
Ruin the game even more? That insinuates they ruined the game at all, which I don't agree with. The game had its flaws, but they existed well before Palmer's passing. I agree that nothing about the game's ending felt rushed, 19 episodes is a long time to tell a story. But whatever flaws the game had didn't occur because Palmer passed, they existed in the game from the very beginning.
Well… yeah… that’s kinda why I made my comment.

It was already a flawed game to begin, which is why I stopped playing after 15.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

Kygeir

May 28, 2019
Heh...what's it been how, 8 months or so? At this point I just no longer care. This goes into my ever increasing blocklist. Cheers!

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
Can a modder add a text skipping function?

rf96

I rape lolis with my tentacles
Uploader
Donor
Aug 11, 2017
could if they could but they can't since this is browsergame also not renpy game which is very moddable.
Can anyone port the game to Renpy then? :cry:

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes