cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
it's either rachel's mommy or principal, 2 other options too but too farfetched.

Reactions: LordBro

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
God this game makes me depressed, but I just can't stop playing at this point. I hope there is a good ending to this game. I just feel at some point the MC is just going totally crack and kill himself, kill Dennis, or just turn himself in to be arrested. Good story telling but man do I feel like crap after I finished almost every episode. For some reason I decided after playing episode 1 I would only focus on one girl, but I am definitely going to have to play this through to get some of the other lewd stuff with the other girls.

colinbrewster

Oct 10, 2019
I didn't think it was possible for a more emotionally exhausting game than Acting Lessons, but after episode 15 DH takes the cake. I found absolutely nothing enjoyable about that episode. Not only is there nothing but more disappointment and failure at every possible venture, but even what seemed like could have been a cathartic release just turned into another anxiety filled betrayal? Obviously the choices matter in how things play out and there is more to come that will hopefully turn the tides, but after an episode where everything seems so bad and ruins a first experience it's hard to even want to play. There's already so many bad things that happen and the smallest victories along the way and then this episode? Seems a bit late to hit rock bottom. Definitely just ranting at this point because some of this game seems so drawn out and to hit episode 15 and feel terrible after playing just sucks.

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
The story took a darker path again. We could expect some "deeper" catharsis to come. As long as MC holds with Tamara and Johanna together, it's fine for me whatever Denis does.

But here lies the stumbling block. In previous episodes, MC seemed to realized that by lying and pretending in all directions, things were only getting worse. Unfortunately, the development of his character took a turn back and MC again lies where he goes. Therefore, I am afraid that even more game depressing will come when the second of the sisters learns that we are hiding this quite a crucial thing.

Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018
I didn't think it was possible for a more emotionally exhausting game than Acting Lessons, but after episode 15 DH takes the cake. I found absolutely nothing enjoyable about that episode. Not only is there nothing but more disappointment and failure at every possible venture, but even what seemed like could have been a cathartic release just turned into another anxiety filled betrayal? Obviously the choices matter in how things play out and there is more to come that will hopefully turn the tides, but after an episode where everything seems so bad and ruins a first experience it's hard to even want to play. There's already so many bad things that happen and the smallest victories along the way and then this episode? Seems a bit late to hit rock bottom. Definitely just ranting at this point because some of this game seems so drawn out and to hit episode 15 and feel terrible after playing just sucks.
I agree with you in regards to certain things, yes it's drawn out, yes it's exhausting and also that reason for the accident is sooo stupid, I can't believe I am still playing it, but the redhaeds are beautiful in all ways, one is an angel and the other one a cousin of a devil and they kinda don't need anything else now. I am waiting for the conclusion to this, as DFD left a bitter taste in my mouth after all the endings.I have not enjoyed a single update since Amanda lost her shit and got angry with the MC.

yctracon

Sep 22, 2019
Strange episode once more, but I liked it better than the previous ones. Could do with a bit less focus on the mystery stuff, but whatever. I also didnt find it as dark or heavy as others here. Sure if things go bad we could go back to the beginning now, but I dont expect that. I kinda expect MC to finally open up to the people who are on his side a bit and let them help him and together starting to fight back.
Weird #1: All the mental health stuff, the comments about MC beeing bipolar, then we as a reader get to experience how he goes through these completly different emotional states, where he's way to happy after his first talk with doctor Mosley and in a depressed mood for the rest of the episode. Also all his encounteres with anybody except the 2 Sisters feel unreal.
In some Moments I was reminded off the movie Shutter Island and thought that this was all part of MC beeing treated for some mental issues following his accident, and eventually we'll find out that half the stuff we've experienced wasnt really what it seemed.

Weird #2: After finding out that Dr. Mosley has multiple secret identities MC doesnt bother trying to find anything about that. Her behaviour is even more puzzling. If her other identities were something she could get blackmailed with, she'd do something about the recording. Make sure it gets deleted or something. She doesnt do that. She doesnt seem to care what MC knows. This points towards "it isnt what it seems like".

Weird #3: When MC gets confronted by the sisters Tamara doesnt trust him. When they are on their little walk she suddenly does. What changed? Is it just a different side of her because Johanna isn't there?

Zephrah

Jul 26, 2018
Strange episode once more, but I liked it better than the previous ones. Could do with a bit less focus on the mystery stuff, but whatever. I also didnt find it as dark or heavy as others here. Sure if things go bad we could go back to the beginning now, but I dont expect that. I kinda expect MC to finally open up to the people who are on his side a bit and let them help him and together starting to fight back.
Weird #1: All the mental health stuff, the comments about MC beeing bipolar, then we as a reader get to experience how he goes through these completly different emotional states, where he's way to happy after his first talk with doctor Mosley and in a depressed mood for the rest of the episode. Also all his encounteres with anybody except the 2 Sisters feel unreal.
In some Moments I was reminded off the movie Shutter Island and thought that this was all part of MC beeing treated for some mental issues following his accident, and eventually we'll find out that half the stuff we've experienced wasnt really what it seemed.

Weird #2: After finding out that Dr. Mosley has multiple secret identities MC doesnt bother trying to find anything about that. Her behaviour is even more puzzling. If her other identities were something she could get blackmailed with, she'd do something about the recording. Make sure it gets deleted or something. She doesnt do that. She doesnt seem to care what MC knows. This points towards "it isnt what it seems like".

Weird #3: When MC gets confronted by the sisters Tamara doesnt trust him. When they are on their little walk she suddenly does. What changed? Is it just a different side of her because Johanna isn't there?
Weird #1 : I agree.The girls were acting really off when he was in his PTSD state with the dialogue missing only :
- Come fuck me, MC!
- No, come and fuck me! and so on.

Weird #2: I agree again. Really dude? That was one crazy conversation, with so many variables and you let it go that easy? What kind of a dumbass can you be without insisting on what you just found out to see if it will not break on top on your head?
After all that, how can you not listen again to this conversation that you just recorded and try to find some meaning to all of this? The questions keep going, but you get the point.

Weird #3 : If you read the lines, the MC says something to Tamara that I think got to her really good, that can justify the sudden mood swing. If you chose her in the episode, you will see another one, right after he tells her something that got to her. Go through those scenes again and you'll see what I think happened.

May 1, 2020
It's not moping - the MC is borderline bipolar, depressive, introvert, liar and a coward as described. Additional he's a douche with currently a extremely weak redemption arc and no path or wish to overcome the problems he has.
If that is the way the dev wanted him - an unlikable douchepon - that may be the issue as no one wants to play a wet slime rag.
However in EP15 there are faintest of flickers of MC character emergence, hampered by dev decisions which are not clear (not insisting on explaining to counselor BEFORE the Dennis talk that he is blackmailed - I mean if MC wanted the counselor to win against Dennis that would have been a very significant information to share)
ATM the MC has not many redeeming qualities on display, nor developing/growing a weathered character through hardship, learning from his mistakes, taking responsibility, battling his limitations
Example: admitting his mistake in the avalanche would remove any danger from his sister, take away any leverage Dennis has, and finally taking responsibility for his own life.

And even if he does SUDDENLY grow a pair - it would look forced and deus-ex-machina way.
I like most of the story and characters, but I do not feel the MC is well handled

1nikolas

Aug 23, 2018
Opinion about ep15:
Okay, making you chose between Tamara and Johanna is a little mean. I just hope this choice won't affect the rest of the game dramatically (before the choice mc says: "I think this choice won't be important, I don't know" something like that)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Opinion about ep15:
Okay, making you chose between Tamara and Johanna is a little mean. I just hope this choice won't affect the rest of the game dramatically (before the choice mc says: "I think this choice won't be important, I don't know" something like that)
well they said that they will eventually tell to that person who didn't get selected so we'll see.

Reactions: 1nikolas
Jun 14, 2017
I don't mind dark or sad themes in games, but it's really starting to feel like misery for misery's sake at this point. My concern is it's feeling very much like the daughters abrupt personality change in DFD. I think I'm going to have to wait until full completion before I get back into this one.

3.30 star(s) 90 Votes