Elucidus

Dec 4, 2018
Is there a tutorial for this game? I don't need a walkthrough, I just want to understand the mechanics.
Not that I know of. Still, there is nothing complex about mechanic of the game, you can even call it primitive. True Love, Tokimeki Memorial are much more complex in comparison. In Doukyuusei there is nothing like huge amount of rpg-like parameters. There are only two of them - money and affection points each girls can get towards you. And usual time menagement (being in right place in right time, pick right answers). It's pretty easy to figure it out yourself - actually, it's surprisingly enjoyable to remember the old days style of playing without any help or guides whatsoever.. in hindsight, it appears the only way the game can be pecreived as "the game" nowadays - and not interactive movie. Given how "noob friendly" and automatic modern games became with all their incessant built-in help and tutorials. Manually using a notepad and a pencil for writing down some important information (time/place of dates etc.) once in a while can be very refreshing.
The only advice I can give you to not spoil the fun: DO NOT USE EASY MODE TELEPORTATION function. I would recommend use easy mode built-in walkthrough only as reference Information - and all other time play in classic mode. Move between locations manually, skip time by moving only. This way you won't skip events, break game's balance, continuity and causality (characters won't remember events you never did etc.). Because there are lot of events including whole new characters introductions - which are triggered only by manual moving between locations. That, and use magnifying glass pixel hunting functionality a lot - there are huge amount of content hidden there. Also, if you couldn't get every event and girl in 1st playthrough - it's how it's meant to be. The game is designed this way - there are quite a few mutually exclusive pairs of girls you would never able to get at the same time. Usually they are relatives or friends - who would know whether you cheat on them or not with character close to them. You should figure it out yourself who exactly they are and why. Also patience is a virtue in this game. several girls are not even available in a first week of the game - and progress with many of them are locked until you can get certain events with certain girls before. The main merit the game has comparing to other date sims is this exact feel of reallife simulation with its complexity, difficulty and unpredictibility. I actually enjoyed even failure events a lot which makes the game more lifelike. I would even say that the blind playthrough when you can get only one girl instead of usual harem - and not even the one you wanted - is actually the most enjoyable. And guides and walkthroughs are just killing this unique type of fun - modern games are not capable to give you.

P.S.: do not use save scumming and do not afraid to spend your time on seemingly useless locations exploration. It's still awarded by many unique hilarious mini events and dialogues with NPC - which are no less enjoyable than full-fledged dates with girls. Also, girls schedule is pretty flexible. It's actually hard to completely miss many important events with them - since they would wait for you in their locations pretty long - going even as far as moving its time from one day to another. In other words - there is certain deal of time gifted to you by the game on trial and error - among with system of hints here and there. Which becomes redundant with using of guides.

Last edited:

PineappleOnPizza

Mar 3, 2018
DO NOT USE EASY MODE TELEPORTATION function.
I specificaly wanted to learn about triggering events. While checking out the UI used the easy mode teleport and started the first Misa event. However, after a quick-load, going to the track field manually didn't trigger anything.
Easy mode calendar shows location and time of all the flags; are there any other condition to triggering them? (like clicking a specific pixel for example)

Also, what does the pink "E" on the top of the screen mean?

Last edited:

Elucidus

Dec 4, 2018
While checking out the UI used the easy mode teleport and started the first Misa event. However, after a quick-load, going to the track field manually didn't trigger anything.
Easy mode calendar shows location and time of all the flags; are there any other condition to triggering them? (like clicking a specific pixel for example)
You need to know that time of the events in calendar is approximate. Also it means not exact time - but beginning of time's period (which can be rather long) when this girl will be available there. In other words - you should move to some other locations to skip time and return there again - Misa event will trigger there eventually even if it can be later than it was in calendar. Also I don't remember exactly -but maybe that exact event trggers not when you arrive at track field - but when you try to leave it going to pool or school building.
Also, what does the pink "E" on the top of the screen mean?
It means you are playing in (E)asy mode currently. If you switch to classic mode in options - the letter will change to bluish "C" there.

P.S.: btw, there are lot of (skippable) events with girls which are not depicted on calendar at all - or even not depicted with girls icons on the map in easy mode. The are not key events (with their own CGs) though - but still it's missable content if you are going to abuse teleportations.

Reactions: PineappleOnPizza

jmanimeluv

Nov 22, 2020
anyone has a walkthrough guide per route and also the extra I can't discover them even though I saved many times

cuddlebearjp

Jul 18, 2021
im stuck with yayoi the nurse when she shows her tiddies, i cant get out of it, everywhere i click to look she says the same thing "are you disillusioned with me?" and if i try to leave and look at her face it doesnt move either and keeps saying (Yayoi's gotta be pretty pure of heart to be this angry at me for saying random shit I don't even mean)
How do i get out of this?

Aizu94

Jul 20, 2019
anyone has a walkthrough guide per route and also the extra I can't discover them even though I saved many times
here the JP guide

do note that this guide is for the "original" PC98 ver and not the remake, havent tried it myself to see how accurate/different it is between version but i assume nothing too drastic have been changed

Mar 6, 2020
im stuck with yayoi the nurse when she shows her tiddies, i cant get out of it, everywhere i click to look she says the same thing "are you disillusioned with me?" and if i try to leave and look at her face it doesnt move either and keeps saying (Yayoi's gotta be pretty pure of heart to be this angry at me for saying random shit I don't even mean)
How do i get out of this?
you need to go out of it (the bottom right button) and then tell her that you lied to her, that it doesnt hurt anymore

Aizu94

Jul 20, 2019
anyone know what happened with Misa's ending?

does she rode the train? but if so then why is her luggage bag is still there with the protag, lmao

Reactions: Sandstorm 99

Shuls01

May 22, 2018
View attachment 1825714

Can anyone help me with this problem
I'd tell you to update your Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages which you can download from Microsoft's website but I see you are running Mac and sadly I'm not sure if you can run the game on that operating system since the only dowload available for this game is for Windows.

Lornc

Feb 6, 2022
Can't seem to get past Mako scene of falling on the stairs, have tried to pick up every piece of paper and used both actions of helping her back up and picking up her documents which don't progress the scene either.

cuddlebearjp

Jul 18, 2021
you need to go out of it (the bottom right button) and then tell her that you lied to her, that it doesnt hurt anymore
I tried that, but that was what gave me the message "(Yayoi's gotta be pretty pure of heart to be this angry at me for saying random shit I don't even mean)"
the calander said i already finished the event so i left, through the teleport but that somehow caused me to get the bad ending.

Cyberweasel89

Jun 19, 2019
How's the exhibitionism in this? Is it just sex in risky/public places, or is there some focus on exposure?

uuhwhat

Jul 16, 2017
How do I get Mako to show up on August 21? She's supposed to be in my Room but when I go there she isn't there, her icon doesn't show on the map either.

uuhwhat

Jul 16, 2017
How do I get Mako to show up on August 21? She's supposed to be in my Room but when I go there she isn't there, her icon doesn't show on the map either.
Well okay, I guess going into the flag list and clicking on "jump to this event" does the trick. Still don't know why it doesn't work like normal, but whatever.

4.00 star(s) 5 Votes