RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

ABlackOcean

Apr 27, 2021
Hi, i have problems (might be a bug).
1) Quest: Hello Cousin - i can't leave my room in the evening with the evening dress. (i always have to wear the regular bevor i can leave my room)
2) I can't change my clothes at daytime for job "slutty secretary". (or the story is waiting for the late night meeting with carl (need 15 Points)
I had that.
all I can tell you is to load an earlier save and retry.
thats the only thing that helped me in this situation.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Is there any reason why save edit online wouldn't work for these saves? From time to time I stumble upon an RPGM game where no save editor seems to work.
It will open the file, and let me edit the variables, but then the game doesn't recognize the edited file.
I'm also stuck at 7 depravity, and can't continue any of the routes until I reach 10 depravity. Will someone please help me figure out what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I realized I was brainfarting and never went to the warehouse job. Still...doesn't help me with the saveediter issue.

Last edited:

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
Is there any reason why save edit online wouldn't work for these saves? From time to time I stumble upon an RPGM game where no save editor seems to work.
EDIT: I realized I was brainfarting and never went to the warehouse job. Still...doesn't help me with the saveediter issue.
Changing deprav worked fine for me, if it's not saving changes try running saveeditor in admin mode. If some specific scene is not popping up then probably some other parameter needs to also be changed. Best to just replay with walkthrough.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Changing deprav worked fine for me, if it's not saving changes try running saveeditor in admin mode. If some specific scene is not popping up then probably some other parameter needs to also be changed. Best to just replay with walkthrough.
The issue is that when I save the edited save file, then load the game, the game doesn't recognize the edited save.
I wouldn't know if it saved the changes or not because it acts like the save doesn't exist. Thankfully I have been copying the original save and editing that instead, otherwise it'd break my save.

Side note: while I'm here lol...I can't find Samuel to continue that Runner quest from the dude in the slums. I've been to every spot on the map. I'm thoroughly convinced he doesn't exist lol.

Pegasus thend

May 1, 2020
The issue is that when I save the edited save file, then load the game, the game doesn't recognize the edited save.
I wouldn't know if it saved the changes or not because it acts like the save doesn't exist. Thankfully I have been copying the original save and editing that instead, otherwise it'd break my save.

Side note: while I'm here lol...I can't find Samuel to continue that Runner quest from the dude in the slums. I've been to every spot on the map. I'm thoroughly convinced he doesn't exist lol.
How many save slot do you use?

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
How many save slot do you use?
I only have 1 save. And I don't wanna mess up that one save, so I usually copy paste it to my desktop, then edit the copy, and rename it to a different slot. That usually works for most RPGM games, but some of them just don't recognize it. This particular game..I have 1 save.

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017

Not sure what the issue could be seems to be problem with some of the saves but it does not apply to every save. Try adding more saves, progressing in the game before editing, might solve the corrupt saving issue. Samuel is on the middle map, apartmens in the middle, above warehouse, just to the left of bus stop.

Pegasus thend

May 1, 2020
Not sure what the issue could be seems to be problem with some of the saves but it does not apply to every save. Try adding more saves, progressing in the game before editing, might solve the corrupt saving issue. Samuel is on the middle map, apartmens in the middle, above warehouse, just to the left of bus stop.
Just where Alex lives!

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
I played it a bit more intensively today, but encountered bugs in three places that required loading an earlier save game.
These errors occur when you don't go after the quest log and want to explore the world freely.

Error 1: Office, if you enter the elevator without first fetching the Hod Dog and having the conversation. You are placed in the wall to the left of the elevator and can't do anything except click on the non-functioning elevator. (Tried several times and occurred repeatedly).

Error 2:
When you want to visit the son's friend (who discovered the sex video) a second time. Here the error occurs very rarely that you are placed in the wall to the left of the door and can not move. Normally, a warning should be displayed here that there is no further content.

Error 3: If you visit the photographer a second time after the first shooting without an order. You can't leave the room because there is a message that you have to talk to the photographer, but he only says that there is nothing to do at the moment. This is a continuous loop. (For this I could also attach savegame)

Translated with (free version)

Pegasus thend

May 1, 2020
I played it a bit more intensively today, but encountered bugs in three places that required loading an earlier save game.
These errors occur when you don't go after the quest log and want to explore the world freely.

Error 1: Office, if you enter the elevator without first fetching the Hod Dog and having the conversation. You are placed in the wall to the left of the elevator and can't do anything except click on the non-functioning elevator. (Tried several times and occurred repeatedly).

Error 2:
When you want to visit the son's friend (who discovered the sex video) a second time. Here the error occurs very rarely that you are placed in the wall to the left of the door and can not move. Normally, a warning should be displayed here that there is no further content.

Error 3: If you visit the photographer a second time after the first shooting without an order. You can't leave the room because there is a message that you have to talk to the photographer, but he only says that there is nothing to do at the moment. This is a continuous loop. (For this I could also attach savegame)

Translated with (free version)
Yea the third one happened to me too!

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Yeah, I finally realized Samuel was there when I went to do the Alex quest. You would think the front of the building would be tagged Samuel as well as Alex, but nope.

Darkman_13

Jun 20, 2018

Update Blog

Dear Patron,
How are you guys doing? Hope you are keeping yourselves safe in this trying time. This is another update post to keep you informed about the current status of the game. In my last post, I mentioned that I am implementing an outfit system. It took significantly more time than I expected. Because, to make it properly work I had to redo Some old contents.
This game also had some fundamental technical problems which resulted in some game breaking bugs. And with more new contents added to the game, the bugs will only get worse. So I decided to redo the entire code of the game. The downside of it is your previous saves won’t work. But I will include save files with the next update so you don’t have to start from the beginning again.
I have spent more than a month fixing the game, which could have been spent on new content. But it was necessary for the stability of the game. And because of the new much better structure, there will be far less bug than before.
Because I spent more time than usual on the programming side of the game, I haven’t started rendering yet. So I can’t share any teasers with you guys. I am really sorry for that. But despite the delay, I am still planning on releasing the next update in September. I couldn’t have done that if I had to rely on my old weak GPU, but thankfully I will finally be able to buy a new better GPU next week. So it will greatly reduce my render time.
So yeah, that’s the current status of the game. I’ll try to share some interesting sneak pics from the game as soon as I am able to render them. Until then, take care and stay safe.

Laird04

Sep 4, 2017

Update Blog

Dear Patron,
How are you guys doing? Hope you are keeping yourselves safe in this trying time. This is another update post to keep you informed about the current status of the game. In my last post, I mentioned that I am implementing an outfit system. It took significantly more time than I expected. Because, to make it properly work I had to redo Some old contents.
This game also had some fundamental technical problems which resulted in some game breaking bugs. And with more new contents added to the game, the bugs will only get worse. So I decided to redo the entire code of the game. The downside of it is your previous saves won’t work. But I will include save files with the next update so you don’t have to start from the beginning again.
I have spent more than a month fixing the game, which could have been spent on new content. But it was necessary for the stability of the game. And because of the new much better structure, there will be far less bug than before.
Because I spent more time than usual on the programming side of the game, I haven’t started rendering yet. So I can’t share any teasers with you guys. I am really sorry for that. But despite the delay, I am still planning on releasing the next update in September. I couldn’t have done that if I had to rely on my old weak GPU, but thankfully I will finally be able to buy a new better GPU next week. So it will greatly reduce my render time.
So yeah, that’s the current status of the game. I’ll try to share some interesting sneak pics from the game as soon as I am able to render them. Until then, take care and stay safe.
At least a save file will be included so we don't have to start from scratch. Thanks for the share Darkman :)

FMag

Aug 1, 2019

Update Blog

Dear Patron,
Thanks! Glad to read he's going to buy a better GPU.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

Update Blog

Dear Patron,
Thanks 4 the share. :)
Looking forward to see the outfit system in work :giggle:

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes