RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

FMag

Aug 1, 2019

Current Progress:
Maid Job: Two events done.
Odd Neighbors: One event done. (One more remaining.)
Grandpa Figure: One event done. (One more remaining.)
Slutty Secretary: One event done. (There won’t be a second event for this quest, as that one event is much bigger than two separate events.)
Dear Patrons,
As you can see, there are still two more events left before the update is ready to release. So, how long will it take for me to finish it? Before I get to it, let’s talk a bit about my very recent work.
I just finished working on the event from the “Slutty Secretary” Quest. This is one of the biggest events of the game. Like I mentioned above, that one single event is larger than 2 separate events. It has three erotic scenes, one of which involved four different characters. That last scene created quite a big challenge for me. Because of so many characters, it was very time consuming to render scenes for it. All in all, that one event took me almost a month to finish.
So, now the question is, how long will it take to finish the rest of the update? If I was able to work for about 7-8 hours a day, I would probably need two more weeks. But things are not as simple as that.
I am not yet in a position where I can make a living just by working on the game. I still have another job to maintain. And it is my main source of income. So how much time I can put on the game depends on how much time I have left after working on my other job. Because of that, someday I might spend 5-6 hours working on the game, but the next day I couldn’t work more than an hour or two. Because of this uncertainty, it is very difficult to predict the release window for the next update.
I am afraid that the situation will not change until I am in a position where I can cut down my working hours and prioritize working on the game over my day job. Thankfully, I have got enough positive feedback and financial support that I think I will reach that position soon enough. So thank you for that. But in the meantime, if you are frustrated by the long waiting period between updates, then please feel free to pause your pledge for the time being and support me again when the update is out.
So, this is all I have to say in regard to the game's current status. I will try to keep you guys updated as much as possible on the discord server and on Patreon. Until then, stay safe and take care.

Latex224

Engaged Member
Mar 28, 2019

Current Progress:
Slutty Secretary: One event done. (There won’t be a second event for this quest, as that one event is much bigger than two separate events.)
Dear Patrons,
As you can see, there are still two more events left before the update is ready to release. So, how long will it take for me to finish it? Before I get to it, let’s talk a bit about my very recent work.
I just finished working on the event from the “Slutty Secretary” Quest. This is one of the biggest events of the game. Like I mentioned above, that one single event is larger than 2 separate events. It has three erotic scenes, one of which involved four different characters. That last scene created quite a big challenge for me. Because of so many characters, it was very time consuming to render scenes for it. All in all, that one event took me almost a month to finish.
So, now the question is, how long will it take to finish the rest of the update? If I was able to work for about 7-8 hours a day, I would probably need two more weeks. But things are not as simple as that.
I am not yet in a position where I can make a living just by working on the game. I still have another job to maintain. And it is my main source of income. So how much time I can put on the game depends on how much time I have left after working on my other job. Because of that, someday I might spend 5-6 hours working on the game, but the next day I couldn’t work more than an hour or two. Because of this uncertainty, it is very difficult to predict the release window for the next update.
I am afraid that the situation will not change until I am in a position where I can cut down my working hours and prioritize working on the game over my day job. Thankfully, I have got enough positive feedback and financial support that I think I will reach that position soon enough. So thank you for that. But in the meantime, if you are frustrated by the long waiting period between updates, then please feel free to pause your pledge for the time being and support me again when the update is out.
So, this is all I have to say in regard to the game's current status. I will try to keep you guys updated as much as possible on the discord server and on Patreon. Until then, stay safe and take care.
Thanks 4 the share FMag. :)

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
100% transpancy by the dev should be respected.
Of course!
But...no offense, it's noticeable that nearly every dev slows down over time. This is even true for confessed devs like EvaKiss. It's a phenomenon that nobody can do anything about.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Of course!
But...no offense, it's noticeable that nearly every dev slows down over time. This is even true for confessed devs like EvaKiss. It's a phenomenon that nobody can do anything about.
The same thing can be noted for novel authors. See: George RR Martin. :D

It's just easier to add new story lines than to resolve them. Resolving a story line needs much more care and planning.

• Sad
Reactions: fortuna95

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021

Current Progress:
So, we still don't get any progress to some of the older storylines like dirty secret? Also nothing for the new Pub Whore quest, I mean, why even start new stuff at this point.

Ah, whatever, the list up there sounds like plenty of fun.

FavenXXX

Sep 20, 2018

Current Progress:
Dear Patrons,
Good news is always good.
I'm waiting for the exit with patience.

Reactions: philip211211

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Wish the Devs would decrease the depravity requirements ( or remove it altogether), theres only a few things im interested in seeing but if i dont do all the red options, im essentially locked out of content that I want to see
If he did that, what would be the point of having it? You don't need maximum depravity to get any of the content. If you don't have enough then you're effectively choosing for Jane to be a more moral person. So then allowing her to do some really depraved things, would totally contradict that.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Yeah, one of the really poor design decisions by the developer was making the quests depend on one another. If you end the old man quest earlier than the developer wants the player to (turning him over to the madam, for instance), you are locked out of much of the remaining content in the game, even that unrelated to the old man.

If you don't follow the max corruption route, the game becomes unplayable. Many of the decisions are thus not what they appear to be; they are, instead, decisions on whether to ruin your play-through or not.
Since this is essentially a game about Jane's Downfall ( the clue is in the title), not playing the corruption route is counter productive. It amazes me, the number of people who play these kinds of games, determined that the MC is going to be a saint, when really you're supposed to make her into a sinner.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
There are many ways a story of corruption can play out that can allow for multiple routes. Just because you may choose to not completely go off the deep slut end doesn’t mean you can’t become more sexual/broken/street smart based on given choices. What you’re defending is lazy games that on the surface appear to be giving you choice but in reality are linear and barely games. Also being more straight and narrow doesn’t mean you can’t corrupt her in different ways. She could be forced to steal if money becomes debt in the game and you fall behind on payments. She could end up hurting others in the gang path, not all corruption is sexual. The possibilities are endless and you’re limiting them based on past experiences with other games for no reason. I have higher hopes for this one personally.
Yeah, not all corruption is sexual. But as far as this game is concerned it is. This is an adult game, and when the MC gets corrupted in an adult game, it's always about them getting corrupted sexually. If you haven't worked that out yet, then you're not paying attention.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Since this is essentially a game about Jane's Downfall ( the clue is in the title), not playing the corruption route is counter productive. It amazes me, the number of people who play these kinds of games, determined that the MC is going to be a saint, when really you're supposed to make her into a sinner.
It amazes me, the number of people who can't actually counter an argument so they make up strawman arguments like "determined that the MC is going to be a saint" and attack those, instead.

My point was about decisions. The player should be able to make actual choices in those decisions, not just decide to ruin the game or not. I find the old man sequences incredibly stupid and the opposite of sexy, so I should be able to pass the old man off to the brothel owner. But it quickly become apparent that doing so ruins the game, because other quests like the maid quest or the secretary quest cannot be advanced until the old man story (completely unrelated to those two) is advanced (which you can't do, since you passed on further actions with the old man). So you aren't deciding what to do in the old man quest, you are deciding whether you want to ruin your playthrough or not, and that's not a choice.

Not everyone shares the same kinks, but no one is "determined that the MC is going to be a saint."

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
It amazes me, the number of people who can't actually counter an argument so they make up strawman arguments like "determined that the MC is going to be a saint" and attack those, instead.

My point was about decisions. The player should be able to make actual choices in those decisions, not just decide to ruin the game or not. I find the old man sequences incredibly stupid and the opposite of sexy, so I should be able to pass the old man off to the brothel owner. But it quickly become apparent that doing so ruins the game, because other quests like the maid quest or the secretary quest cannot be advanced until the old man story (completely unrelated to those two) is advanced (which you can't do, since you passed on further actions with the old man). So you aren't deciding what to do in the old man quest, you are deciding whether you want to ruin your playthrough or not, and that's not a choice.

Not everyone shares the same kinks, but no one is "determined that the MC is going to be a saint."
very well said, I completely agree. I too did not care for parts of the old man quest line and wish I could have chosen just not to play that part. No one should be against the players freedom to do what they want as much as possible in a game. Its either a choices game or its a story game where you have no choice and you are just following a story. If its a choices game there should be as many choices as possible even within specific story lines.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022

This is what I don't get. You claim you don't want the MC to get involved with the old man. But the MC has a kink for old guys. That's made pretty clear in the storyline. So why on earth if you don't want that kind of content, would you play a game where the MC is specifically interested in that kind of content? That makes zero sense.

And if you consider the logic, it's obvious why you have to play the old man scenes. Because the MC has a kink for old guys. You're making the mistake of believing that you have a choice whether to play that content or not. But you don't because that's an integral part of the game. You can choose how far you want to go with the old man, but you still have to get involved with him, because it's in Jane's nature to do that.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
very well said, I completely agree. I too did not care for parts of the old man quest line and wish I could have chosen just not to play that part. No one should be against the players freedom to do what they want as much as possible in a game. Its either a choices game or its a story game where you have no choice and you are just following a story. If its a choices game there should be as many choices as possible even within specific story lines.
It's not up to you and me what happens in a game. It's up to the person who designs it. And if he/she decides that they want everyone to follow a certain path in the game, then that's their right as the game developer. Just like you can then choose not to play the game if you don't like that. This idea that all games should accomodate everyone's personal likes or dislikes, is not just impractical, it's crazy as well. The player has the right to choose, what the Dev allows him to choose, and nothing more. And if you don't like that, well there's a very easy solution.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
For those of you who don't want to have Jane partake in certain routes, but lack the depravity to play through the routes you're interested in, just use one of the RPGM save editors to alter her depravity.

Problem solved. You get to see the content that you want while ignoring the rest.

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes