RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
It's not up to you and me what happens in a game. It's up to the person who designs it. And if he/she decides that they want everyone to follow a certain path in the game, then that's their right as the game developer. Just like you can then choose not to play the game if you don't like that. This idea that all games should accomodate everyone's personal likes or dislikes, is not just impractical, it's crazy as well. The player has the right to choose, what the Dev allows him to choose, and nothing more. And if you don't like that, well there's a very easy solution.
Um a smart dev would allow players options within the story arks, otherwise just catering to specific fetishes will lose a lot of people myself included. If the dev wants to lose people more power to them but attacking those who are just stating facts is pretty stupid.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
Um a smart dev would allow players options within the story arks, otherwise just catering to specific fetishes will lose a lot of people myself included. If the dev wants to lose people more power to them but attacking those who are just stating facts is pretty stupid.
I'm not attacking anyone I'm stating a fact.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of time.

There are options, they're just not the ones you obviously want. Trying to please everybody is a recipe for getting nowhere in a game, and Devs should always make games that interest them first. It's not like most adult game Devs who make games with female protagonists are going to make tons of money. If you don't make a game that first and foremost interests you, they why do it at all? It's pretty obvious this Dev likes his heroine having sex with old guys, I guess that's there kink. Making it so Jane can avoid old guys altogether, would change the entire dynamic of the game.

The fact that you literally can't avoid that content, tells you everything you need to know about what this Dev is trying to achieve with their game. It would have been extremely easy to allow players to avoid the content with the old man, but they chose to make it so you couldn't

Alea iacta est

Nov 16, 2019
Margaret Thatcher Quotes

Standing in the middle of the road is very dangerous; you get knocked down by the traffic from both sides.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I'm not attacking anyone I'm stating a fact.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of time.

There are options, they're just not the ones you obviously want. Trying to please everybody is a recipe for getting nowhere in a game, and Devs should always make games that interest them first. It's not like most adult game Devs who make games with female protagonists are going to make tons of money. If you don't make a game that first and foremost interests you, they why do it at all? It's pretty obvious this Dev likes his heroine having sex with old guys, I guess that's there kink. Making it so Jane can avoid old guys altogether, would change the entire dynamic of the game.

The fact that you literally can't avoid that content, tells you everything you need to know about what this Dev is trying to achieve with their game. It would have been extremely easy to allow players to avoid the content with the old man, but they chose to make it so you couldn't
ok lets try this, you are absolutely right that you can't please all the people all the time. What if the old man ark all of a sudden with no warning starts doing piss and scat. Lets say the old man just takes a dump and her face while she is acting like a dog. Now the dev has every right to do it but I am pretty sure that most people are not a fan of piss and scat. I am not judging those who are a fan but it is considered more of an extreme fetish. Take the neighbors for instance, it didn't take me long to figure out I wouldn't like that ark so I stopped doing it, it was pretty obvious what it was going to be. The old man ark to me took a very strange turn that was not obvious when you start that ark.

If the point of the game is for the majority of people to like it that would be counter to that point and actually you can avoid content but I sure as hell am not going to waste my time on something that seems normal for the most part but then takes in my view weird turns. I don't like being surprised by things I find gross and most games the arks are a lot more obvious.

Oh and there are plenty of devs who leave out fetish's they do like and include ones they don't because they know most people or at least their audience is more likely to not like certain fetish's or like certain fetish's and they try to tailor their game to those people... its called trying to sell a product.

Last edited:

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
its called trying to sell a product.
Well, that argument doesn't work in this context, can also get circular quite fast.

First thing about your product (in this case game) is to define what it is about, like Zara said, we can see the kinks and fetishes the developer likes/wants. Makes sense since that should also be the stuff he knows how to write about for his game.

So you complete your product (or at least present the state of your WIP) and if other are interested you will find your audience/customers. That's how you sell a product in general, keeping the core intact.

Reactions: Alea iacta est

Alea iacta est

Nov 16, 2019
Gold rule, there is no such thing to listen what people want when you want to lunch a product.

People is far too generic. You need to target specific audience (example: people like hardcore, rape, blackmail) and then... You might listen the targeted audience to adjust your game.

F95 is far bigger audience with extremely different opinions.

You have the puritans and Snowflake from US, the underage audience, the vanilla, romance audience, the hardcore audience, no chance you find an half way

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
This is what I don't get. You claim you don't want the MC to get involved with the old man. But the MC has a kink for old guys. That's made pretty clear in the storyline. So why on earth if you don't want that kind of content, would you play a game where the MC is specifically interested in that kind of content? That makes zero sense.

And if you consider the logic, it's obvious why you have to play the old man scenes. Because the MC has a kink for old guys. You're making the mistake of believing that you have a choice whether to play that content or not. But you don't because that's an integral part of the game. You can choose how far you want to go with the old man, but you still have to get involved with him, because it's in Jane's nature to do that.
This is what I don't get. I can get rid of the old man content after a while, by turning him over to the madam from the whore house. So, obviously, the MC doesn't have to have a thing for the old man that forces her to carry on in an incredibly stupid story thread. The developer built that in, so the old man fetish is not an intergral part of the game. It's only later that you find that the other stories stall because you haven't continued the old man quest line. That's simply bad game design, not logic at all.

Stalling quests to force the player to complete other quests is bad design. What it is really saying is that the decisions in the game are false decisions. What they are, instead, are mind-reading challenges where the player has to read the developers mind to determine what choice the developer will reward, and what choice they will punish. Who wants to play a game by a developer like that?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
For those of you who don't want to have Jane partake in certain routes, but lack the depravity to play through the routes you're interested in, just use one of the RPGM save editors to alter her depravity.

Problem solved. You get to see the content that you want while ignoring the rest.

But you can't. You eventually encounter quest stages that say something like "advance the old man line" or "advance the secretary line" to continue, even in quests that have nbothuig whatsoever to do with the quest that is stalling your desired quest. Lack of depravity points has never kept me from anything (though it might for people less willing than I do make the MC do embarrassing things).

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
This is what I don't get. I can get rid of the old man content after a while, by turning him over to the madam from the whore house. So, obviously, the MC doesn't have to have a thing for the old man that forces her to carry on in an incredibly stupid story thread. The developer built that in, so the old man fetish is not an intergral part of the game. It's only later that you find that the other stories stall because you haven't continued the old man quest line. That's simply bad game design, not logic at all.

Stalling quests to force the player to complete other quests is bad design. What it is really saying is that the decisions in the game are false decisions. What they are, instead, are mind-reading challenges where the player has to read the developers mind to determine what choice the developer will reward, and what choice they will punish. Who wants to play a game by a developer like that?
Yeah, you can pass it off initially when the MC is unsure about what she wants to do with the old man. It's all part of the journey, deciding just what her kinks are. Eventually though she realises that she likes having sex with older guys and the madame helps her realise that, and tells Jane that it's one of her kinks too and that it's perfectly ok for her to have sex with a guy old enough to be her grandfather, if she so wishes.

This is obviously a central theme of the game, which you don't seem to have realised. All games have specific themes which you have no choice but to follow, once you've made the decision to play and this is no different. I reckon if the MC was only into younger guys, and went nowhere near older men, we wouldn't be having this discussion, because you'd be perfectly ok with that. There is absolutely no difference between that and what we have in this game, except that it doesn't coincide with your personal preferences.

For me, I would have thought to myself at that point, do I really want to keep playing a game that has unavoidable content that I don't like. And if the answer was no I don't like this content, I would have cut my losses and stopped playing and moved on to one of the hundreds of other games on this site, with content that I do like. Literally everyday at least 2/3 games that I follow are updated and it's impossible to keep up to date with all of them. It's not like you don't have options that forces you to keep torturing yourself by sticking with a game that you don't like.

This is what I don't understand, because it's self evident to me, that there are going to be games that I start, but subsequently decide I don't like, so I stop playing them. It's just a fact of life, that some things just don't fit to my preferences and constantly moaning about them is counter-productive, and unlikely to bring me any joy

Last edited:
Reactions: TheMan199

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, you can pass it off initially when the MC is unsure about what she wants to do with the old man. It's all part of the journey, deciding just what her kinks are. Eventually though she realises that she likes having sex with older guys and the madame helps her realise that, and tells Jane that it's one of her kinks too and that it's perfectly ok for her to have sex with a guy old enough to be her grandfather, if she so wishes.

This is obviously a central theme of the game, which you don't seem to have realised. All games have specific themes which you have no choice but to follow, once you've made the decision to play and this is no different. I reckon if the MC was only into younger guys, and went nowhere near older men, we wouldn't be having this discussion, because you'd be perfectly ok with that. There is absolutely no difference between that and what we have in this game, except that it doesn't coincide with your personal preferences.

For me, I would have thought to myself at that point, do I really want to keep playing a game that has unavoidable content that I don't like. And if the answer was no I don't like this content, I would have cut my losses and stopped playing and moved on to one of the hundreds of other games on this site, with content that I do like. Literally everyday at least 2/3 games that I follow are updated and it's impossible to keep up to date with all of them. It's not like you don't have options that forces you to keep torturing yourself by sticking with a game that you don't like.

This is what I don't understand, because it's self evident to me, that there are going to be games that I start, but subsequently decide I don't like, so I stop playing them. It's just a fact of life, that some things just don't fit to my preferences and constantly moaning about them is counter-productive, and unlikely to bring me any joy
I think that we must be playing completely different games. The one I play, which is the one linked to in the OP, isn't about the theme of sex with old men. It's about a woman trying to survive after she is betrayed, fired, and blacklisted. In the game I am playing, there is a side quest that has an old man, but sex with old men isn't a central theme and, in fact, only appears in one side quest.

In the game I am playing, the MC has sex with young guys, middle-aged guys, and old guys. The theme in the game I play is humiliation and corruption (thus the title), not sex with grandpas.

Good luck with your octogenarian sex game, whatever it is, but I will confine my comments to the game from the OP.

Reactions: Pr0nmanreview

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
I think that we must be playing completely different games. The one I play, which is the one linked to in the OP, isn't about the theme of sex with old men. It's about a woman trying to survive after she is betrayed, fired, and blacklisted. In the game I am playing, there is a side quest that has an old man, but sex with old men isn't a central theme and, in fact, only appears in one side quest.

In the game I am playing, the MC has sex with young guys, middle-aged guys, and old guys. The theme in the game I play is humiliation and corruption (thus the title), not sex with grandpas.

Good luck with your octogenarian sex game, whatever it is, but I will confine my comments to the game from the OP.
The game is essentially about Jane's Downfall. That's why it's called 'Downfall'. Ultimately, this will mean her becoming a whore. And as a whore she won't have the luxury of choosing just guys that she fancies to have sex with. Most hookers of course, do it just for the money. And although Jane likes the money and needs it, she also belongs to that very rare breed of women who can actually enjoy being a sex worker. The Madame of the brothel is another, and she recognises this quality in Jane, which is why she's so desperate for Jane to work for her.

As a whore, she'll often have to have sex with 'grandpas' and ugly fat guys, because they're often the kind of people who visit prostitutes, for obvious reasons. And that's one of the reasons I like this game, because it's spot on about this aspect of sex work. Prostitutes don't get to fuck hunky guys for the most part, because those guys don't need to pay for sex. So her having sex with the old man, and her boss and his workers, her uncle and her next door neighbour, and others who are all middle-aged or older guys, is preparing her for the life she's going to lead in the future. Her 'Downfall', which is just her metamorphosis from a 'decent' girl into a whore, to a woman that society as a whole disapproves of.

This is what the game is really about. It's not merely just about corruption, and her deciding to have a naughtier sex life. It's about her falling down the rabbit hole and transforming into a very different kind of person. Someone who is considered disreputable because she chooses to live her life in a way that goes against the norm.

Jane and the Madame are both people with hypersexuality issues, what in the past people would have called 'nymphomaniacs', and prostitution is just a convenient way for them to deal with their issues, by having constant sex. People like that, once they get past their inhibitions, don't really care about stuff like sexual attraction which is the primary driver for ordinary people. Any sex with anybody is fine, because it's sex and not attraction which motivates them. Which means they can get sexual pleasure from people they don't even fancy, like Jane does with the old man, and other characters in the storyline.

You've assumed that it's a side quest but it never was. All the quests are intertwined because they will lead to Jane's Downfall and her realisation that her life up till now has been a lie. Her having a relationship with the old man is essential for her to realise that in her new life virtually nothing will be taboo.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
What if the old man ark all of a sudden with no warning starts doing piss and scat.
Golden Showers have already been mentioned in the storyline, as a possible kink to be explored in the future. I think Scat though would get the Dev into trouble with Patreon, so it's very unlikely to feature in the game. Which is why it's only ever appeared in a tiny number of adult games, and none recently.
If the point of the game is for the majority of people to like it that would be counter to that point and actually you can avoid content but I sure as hell am not going to waste my time on something that seems normal for the most part but then takes in my view weird turns. I don't like being surprised by things I find gross and most games the arks are a lot more obvious.
If the object of creating this game, was to make something that a majority of people would like, then this game would never be made at all. This kind of content will only ever appeal to a limited number of people. If you create this kind of game, your main motivation is not making as much money as possible, but creating something that appeals to you and hopefully other people of like mind.

If you want a game that appeals to a majority of people. You firstly have a male protagonist, make him a teenager and preferably set most of the game in high school. You make it a harem type game, allowing the protagonist to fuck every hot woman under the age of 40 in the city. And make sure that every woman in the city is hot, and finds the protagonist irresistable even if he's an unremarkable virgin nerd. Follow that tried and tested formula, and as long as you possess half decent programming skills and knowledge of the English Language you've got a winner. Because the majority of people on this site are only interested in the familiar and reliving their schooldays, only this time being the stud every woman wants to fuck.

Most people who play games like this are actively looking for weird shit. They don't want a game that deals with stuff they've done or could have done, but stuff they would never even consider in real life.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Golden Showers have already been mentioned in the storyline, as a possible kink to be explored in the future. I think Scat though would get the Dev into trouble with Patreon, so it's very unlikely to feature in the game. Which is why it's only ever appeared in a tiny number of adult games, and none recently.

If the object of creating this game, was to make something that a majority of people would like, then this game would never be made at all. This kind of content will only ever appeal to a limited number of people. If you create this kind of game, your main motivation is not making as much money as possible, but creating something that appeals to you and hopefully other people of like mind.

If you want a game that appeals to a majority of people. You firstly have a male protagonist, make him a teenager and preferably set most of the game in high school. You make it a harem type game, allowing the protagonist to fuck every hot woman under the age of 40 in the city. And make sure that every woman in the city is hot, and finds the protagonist irresistable even if he's an unremarkable virgin nerd. Follow that tried and tested formula, and as long as you possess half decent programming skills and knowledge of the English Language you've got a winner. Because the majority of people on this site are only interested in the familiar and reliving their schooldays, only this time being the stud every woman wants to fuck.

Most people who play games like this are actively looking for weird shit. They don't want a game that deals with stuff they've done or could have done, but stuff they would never even consider in real life.
We will have to agree to disagree. Again I don't have a problem with weird shit in a game if you have a choice to avoid it. AGAIN etc the neighbors, I tried it, didn't like it and didn't do anymore of it.... you know CHOICE. The old man has nothing extreme until pretty far in which for me and I dare say others ruins that ark and was not an obvious direction at all. There is even a warning if memory serves for the neighbors where there is not for the old man. Just saying people don't like wasting their time on stuff they don't like and a simple "this story ark has the following" is not a lot to ask but hey to some people devs can do no wrong and you are clearly one of those people.

Devs game, devs choice but I and others have the right to comment and even criticize the direction of the game or parts of the game. I do like the game as a whole but that doesn't mean I won't speak my mind about it.

Good day.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018

I'd say that the evidence that your theory is true is severely lacking. Games like GGGB appeal to a majority of people (11.5 million views, 4.7 rating from 320+ reviews) and have few or none of the features you theorize are required for popularity.

You'd be well-advised to stop assuming that you know what the majority of people want. You know what assumptions do.

Again, here you are telling people what they want instead of listening to them telling you what they want. This game is a pretty standard FMC corruption game , with only the neighbor BDSM stuff being unique, as far as I know.

But, at least, you've stopped insisting that the game is about geriatric sex and have agreed with me that it is about corruption of the heroine.

Alea iacta est

Nov 16, 2019

Let's agree that you are very young and partially inexperienced about sex and adult world.

Historically porn movies have always been for adult males with an extended sexual experience and all the movie rarely included teenager boys...

Teenagers boys for definition are sexual inexperienced, and clearly nothing is worse than an inexperienced man.

Sex in adult world has always been hardcore and possibly extreme.
Again nobody get excited in imagining Saturday night boring sex with its own wife. I can do vanilla sex every day every time. What porn show is the dark and extreme side of sexuality.... Why?!? Because in real life sex is very basic and vanilla (excluded the first few months in a relationship lol).

Adult world is very difficult to understand and represents if the Dev doesn't have experience or right imagination.

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
I'd say that the evidence that your theory is true is severely lacking. Games like GGGB appeal to a majority of people (11.5 million views, 4.7 rating from 320+ reviews) and have few or none of the features you theorize are required for popularity.
You've quoted one game. To put that into perspective, 14 of the top 20 games viewed on this site, more or less have the themes I mentioned. Between them they represent 292 million views. So the 'evidence' overall suggests that your statement above is wrong.

And I never said the game was only about Jane having sex with geriatrics, that was your assumption. I said she preferred having sex with older men, and that was obviously one of the central themes of the game. Most of the men she has had sexual contact with so far, are middle-aged or older. I'm not making that up, it's a fact. And when she discusses her sexuality with Charlotte, the madame suggests that she has a kink for older guys, and over time Jane comes to realise that's true. All of that is in the game, I'm not making it up. I don't have to tell people what they want, because if they play this game, it's what they've got anyway.

Last edited:

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
I think the main problem at the moment is only being able to progress with max corruption, leaving you unable to really skip anything.

So if you don't like the old man stuff, or the neighbours BDSM Stuff, well you can't skip it, you need the corruption. I think that will change in the future, this is still WIP.

Of course if you want to have the blackmailed by schoolkids arc in dirty secret, you have to skip it because the dev never gives us anything here (yeah, I'm still salty because of that)

Zara Scarlet

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2022
I think the main problem at the moment is only being able to progress with max corruption, leaving you unable to really skip anything.

So if you don't like the old man stuff, or the neighbours BDSM Stuff, well you can't skip it, you need the corruption. I think that will change in the future, this is still WIP.

Of course if you want to have the blackmailed by schoolkids arc in dirty secret, you have to skip it because the dev never gives us anything here (yeah, I'm still salty because of that)
I don't think it has to be maximum corruption, because I only have depravity points, I've never made any morality choices. And I've never needed all the depravity points so far, to make any of the choices. Having said that, you do need to make mostly depravity choices. I've also noticed that as the game goes on, points start getting added even if you don't make choices. So I reckon some of them are tied to choices you made earlier in the game.

I didn't skip the dirty secret content, and it didn't stop me from progressing. That appears pretty early in the game, so I don't know why the Dev hasn't continued with that storyline? He kind of just started it, and then stopped. The game suggested there would be content in the next update, but there never was.

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes