RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.0] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

Ven95

Jul 13, 2021
yeah, he HAD that, and if you would have paid attention, you would have seen, he doesn't any more.

I like that the dev is honest enough to say, hey, might take a while, if you want to stop support it's fine.

Reactions: OnePussy

Dodzh

Apr 7, 2021
Can’t anyone tell what with this prison kind where six look like a cup where you can put wine or fire on it! Can’t seem to get out what do need to do to leave? Since I fail the rush mission and how many soldiers do I need to kill to survives from it?
no clue what scene is that TBH o_O

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can’t anyone tell what with this prison kind where six look like a cup where you can put wine or fire on it! Can’t seem to get out what do need to do to leave? Since I fail the rush mission and how many soldiers do I need to kill to survives from it?
Wrong game, I believe. No killing of soldiers, prisons, or cups of fire here.

Krelan

Jun 6, 2018
Anyways :

Dear Patrons,
I hope you are all doing well. This time I’ll keep it very brief since there isn't much new information to share. So anyway, my initial goal was to fix the game’s code, but turned out to be much more than just that. As I went through some of the earlier contents of the game, I discovered that there are plenty of spelling mistakes, typos and grammatical errors. So I decided to fix them as much as I can. I am also implementing a gallery where you can replay the scenes as many times as you like.
Another thing the game was missing is music. Well, not anymore. Because I have added plenty of beautiful tracks you can enjoy. I also replaced all the old maps with newer, better looking ones. The game is completely overhauled with all those changes.
But, because of all that, I couldn't work on new content. So, if you are looking for that, you might be disappointed. I am really sorry for that. But thanks to all the work I have done to improve the game’s stability, in the future updates, it will be easier for me to add new contents. So I will be able to release new updates much faster.
But still, feel free to pause your support for the time being, until the next update is ready for release. Based on the amount of work I have done so far, I think I will need one more month to finish. You might also notice that I wasn’t too active on Patreon the last couple of months. That’s because I have completely dedicated my time into finishing it as soon as possible. So that, I can go back to creating new contents for you guys. So, please look forward to the release of the next update, which will be kinda soft reboot of the game. Until then, stay safe and take care.
I think this is the end for the game. Most developers try to milk their patreon before abandoning it. We just need to wait for another excuse :).

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
I think this is the end for the game. Most developers try to milk their patreon before abandoning it. We just need to wait for another excuse :).
Your not wrong about most devs milking and then abandoning. It really should be a type of fraud in my view. "Hey I am not working on this project anymore, but will tell my customers I am still working on it to get more money from them.... and then some major life event happened and I can't continue..... after of course I have swindled my loyal customers out of a few couple hundred if not thousand dollars".

Sad thing is, so many people do shit like this I think its the safer bet to assume that is what is going to happen. Hoping someone proves that wrong.

FMag

Aug 1, 2019
I don't know about it. Usually, there are two cases: a game become so popular that the dev can count on an indestructible trust/fan base (ICSTOR and many others who decided to milk, such as Lewdlab, ...) or, and these are the most common, game's which don't get much attention at early stages.
I think this game is still in the grey zone: I love it, it use to have regular updates, and it has a good amount of content but the number of patrons doesn't increase very much.
Before the last update, the dev told us he had to rework some scenes and correct the coding, and we get smaller updates, so, following this logic, the fact he's working on the game's structure might be true.
Honestly, I think this game could be a big name in its genre, but it has never been sponsored very much (like Anna E. Affection, FB, JOHN, LOTV, ... even though there are some quality differences).
In my opinion, the abandoned tag, considering the dev's words might occur for one reason: this game is well built, has good renders, tags for a lot of different tastes, and had regular updates with some content, but it doesn't pay much, so the income doesn't justify the amount of work behind this project.

Last edited:

NoBody63

Oct 5, 2021

Unlocked

Dear Patrons,
What started as a simple coding update, turned out to be much more than that. Here are all the confirmed visual changes the game has so far…
-Inclusion of music.
Just adding music brought new life to the game. The game's events will feel more enjoyable because of that.
-New game maps
Almost all the game maps have been updated with better looking ones, making navigating the game world that much fun.
-Inclusion of Map system
Now, there’s a map system in the game, which the player can use to find all the quest locations easily without getting lost.
-Rest/Skip time
Players can now easily skip time even without going to Jane’s bedroom, which wasn’t possible before.
There are also some small changes in the prologue section of the game. Now there are two new events in the prologue which weren't there before. And also, some of the relationship between Jane and some other characters of the game has changed. Which will allow me to do more with those characters.
There might be some other minor changes in the game that I forgot to mention in the post.
Now an important announcement…
I will probably need one more week to finish the update. After that, I will playtest the game to find any bugs that might still be in the game. Usually, I do the playtesting all by myself. But because I rebuilt the game from the ground up, It needs to be playtested from the beginning to the end. Which is a lot of work for one person.
Because of that, I need some volunteers to help me out. So, if you are interested in it, give me a massage on Patreon. I will need at least three people for that. But if more than three people are interested in it, I’ll choose based on your patreon tier. Also, the new update doesn't have any new contents. So, please keep that in mind as well. That's all I have to say for now. So, until then, stay safe and take care.

Del.Mar

Nov 19, 2017

Unlocked

Dear Patrons,
What started as a simple coding update, turned out to be much more than that. Here are all the confirmed visual changes the game has so far…
-Inclusion of music.
Just adding music brought new life to the game. The game's events will feel more enjoyable because of that.
-New game maps
Almost all the game maps have been updated with better looking ones, making navigating the game world that much fun.
-Inclusion of Map system
Now, there’s a map system in the game, which the player can use to find all the quest locations easily without getting lost.
-Rest/Skip time
Players can now easily skip time even without going to Jane’s bedroom, which wasn’t possible before.
There are also some small changes in the prologue section of the game. Now there are two new events in the prologue which weren't there before. And also, some of the relationship between Jane and some other characters of the game has changed. Which will allow me to do more with those characters.
There might be some other minor changes in the game that I forgot to mention in the post.
Now an important announcement…
I will probably need one more week to finish the update. After that, I will playtest the game to find any bugs that might still be in the game. Usually, I do the playtesting all by myself. But because I rebuilt the game from the ground up, It needs to be playtested from the beginning to the end. Which is a lot of work for one person.
Because of that, I need some volunteers to help me out. So, if you are interested in it, give me a massage on Patreon. I will need at least three people for that. But if more than three people are interested in it, I’ll choose based on your patreon tier. Also, the new update doesn't have any new contents. So, please keep that in mind as well. That's all I have to say for now. So, until then, stay safe and take care.
Image doesn't open. Could you reupload it?

Reactions: JohnArun1414

InsaneBro

Jul 4, 2018
I started this game not long ago and I found an odd bug. When trying to do the Odd Neighbor quest when Jane visits on the second time to the basement, she talks with the woman and the woman gets to the point that she says lets start your training (second training). The it cuts to a scene of the basement and stops. Jane doesn't appear neither does the woman. Also when you walk around the basement after the first basement quest trying to go upstairs Jane can go all the way around the basement out side the picture. Hope he gets that fixed. I have been enjoying playing the game thus far. And so it is told I have completed all other quests to the point of Not Implemented yet appears.

While I am babbling on I just want to Wish Everybody a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: HanktheHunk3
4.00 star(s) 53 Votes