Dec 26, 2017
I expect the point was that those are spelling corrections that could be made by the developer so that everyone doesn't have to do that.

Perhaps it is also a request for the developer to be a bit more vigilant in regards to proof-reading. Hint: when checking for spelling, etc. mistakes read the sentence from back to front. Mistakes usually just jump out that way.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Right, I was just pointing them out for @RomanHume.

Though there were a bunch, most of them are benign. Unlike many other games, only about half of what stuck out to me could be caught by a spellchecker, while the other half requires someone other than the original writer to see them.

Reactions: TheDevian

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Right, I was just pointing them out for @RomanHume.

Though there were a bunch, most of them are benign. Unlike many other games, only about half of what stuck out to me could be caught by a spellchecker, while the other half requires someone other than the original writer to see them.
Context for each correction helps a lot, instead of just the word. And were the words you posted the incorrect ones or the correct ones? When doing this kind of thing, it's best to be as explicit as possible, so the dev doesn't have to interpret what you're saying.

Something like:
"She lives in an older habit" -> "She lives in an older habitat".
(example not from DAST!)

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
Context for each correction helps a lot, instead of just the word. And were the words you posted the incorrect ones or the correct ones? When doing this kind of thing, it's best to be as explicit as possible, so the dev doesn't have to interpret what you're saying.

Something like:
"She lives in an older habit" -> "She lives in an older habitat".
(example not from DAST!)
I mostly only post the incorrect words, with some exceptions (and depending on what I think the author's English skill level is). Posting corrections adds clutter, and in some cases requires making assumptions, so I usually avoid those unless the error isn't obvious. For example, it's not clear in your sentence whether the error is that the woman should live in a habitat, live habitually, wear a habit, or if there's a typo or some Google-translated regional term - it's only clear that there's something amiss.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I mostly only post the incorrect words, with some exceptions (and depending on what I think the author's English skill level is). Posting corrections adds clutter, and in some cases requires making assumptions, so I usually avoid those unless the error isn't obvious. For example, it's not clear in your sentence whether the error is that the woman should live in a habitat, live habitually, wear a habit, or if there's a typo or some Google-translated regional term - it's only clear that there's something amiss.
My example is not to analyze the sentence, it's providing the incorrect phrase and the correct replacement. Whether she's a nun in a habit, living habitually, or living in a habitat doesn't matter for that. Be pedantic all you want, but what I wrote and some of your assumptions about it don't jive.

Some of your examples, like "you're resolve" are easy to figure out, but one of your examples is "loose". I assume you mean that "loose" should be "lose" (a common mistake), but what if "loose" is used somewhere else correctly? Line numbers or the surrounding phrase help people find the problem, and what the solution should be can be extremely helpful for non-native speakers.

Reactions: TheDevian

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
My example is not to analyze the sentence, it's providing the incorrect phrase and the correct replacement. Whether she's a nun in a habit, living habitually, or living in a habitat doesn't matter for that. Be pedantic all you want, but what I wrote and some of your assumptions about it don't jive.
I wasn't trying to be pedantic, I was trying to point out that providing corrections is presumptuous when they're not obvious, and pointless when they are (fluency notwithstanding, but we're in violent agreement on that point already). I've been burned by that before.

Some of your examples, like "you're resolve" are easy to figure out, but one of your examples is "loose". I assume you mean that "loose" should be "lose" (a common mistake), but what if "loose" is used somewhere else correctly? Line numbers or the surrounding phrase help people find the problem, and what the solution should be can be extremely helpful for non-native speakers.
That's very true, and I try to include some of the phrase in those cases (but obviously failed to there). I couldn't provide line numbers, because I didn't read the script.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
One way that I do it if I'm pointing out mistakes in dialogue is to screenshot the scene then circle the mistake and then below the picture when I post it I type what is wrong with it. It usually works pretty good that way.

Reactions: Bagger288

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
this is getting lame the game becomes shorter and shorter even though its v1.0.0 which whould mean full version
its now only the office even though there whas talk of swimmingpool scenes in the night and other stuff
not realy cool
this is what i get aftertalking whit nanami
upload_2018-9-2_5-16-24.png
becausse its starts whit the office stuff and its done after that shouldnt v1.0.0 be a FULL GAME

dstarfire

Jul 13, 2017
this is getting lame the game becomes shorter and shorter even though its v1.0.0 which whould mean full version
its now only the office even though there whas talk of swimmingpool scenes in the night and other stuff
not realy cool
this is what i get aftertalking whit nanami
becausse its starts whit the office stuff and its done after that shouldnt v1.0.0 be a FULL GAME

Read back a few pages and you'll understand what's going on. Lots of people have already made the EXACT same complaints.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
whell it actually has become even more shorter then the last time i played it it still had atleast untill whe could do mom.
and another thing iff he says the game is V1.0.0 is bullshit and i dont say this lightly normaly i dont complain
but v1.0.0 means only bughunting i think where back at v0.0.10
or something
i realy liked it how it whas in the begin but it feels like pre-demo
becausse he found it neccesary to redo it for the 2nd time

Dec 26, 2017
I suspect you did not heed the suggestion the first time: Read back a few pages and you'll understand what's going on. Lots of people have already made the EXACT same complaints.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
@locomotor79 version numbers don't work that way. 1.0.0 is not always a final release. In this case, it's the first release in beta. The structure of the game and scenes are being redone. This was explained many times by @RomanHume .

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
i get that but iff you also read further what i sayd it isnt the first time he is doing this i believe he has done it now for atleast 2times now and that isnt realy cool.
though i loved the renewd version whit the office and such i made him go vent his steam off nanami just becausse she is so frecking hot

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
When is the next update? At this rate it will take forever to catch to the old version.

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
see and that's what i ment becausse its the 2nd time hee did this reversal and rebuild off the game

hooplah

Mar 24, 2018
When is the next update? At this rate it will take forever to catch to the old version.
There's a new update on the Patreon saying basically they've been a bit delayed with the animations (so may cut them for a bit) and that the next update should be out around this weekend.

For the full text:

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I don't know how I feel about this whole thing, back when it started up until 0.9 I think I really liked the game since it looked good and story was interesting, but now ... with this whole back to zero thing I somehow completely lost interest in it. Maybe it'll come back once there is actually something in the game again, but this has happened for a few games now where the updated took forever or some kind of remaster happened.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
Probably not the update we wanted to read, but you can't ever fault these guys for not being straight. If you've waited this long, then you'll likely be willing to give them just a bit more time to see what they've developed...

Weekly Update 2018-09-09
Sep 9 at 11:22pm
Going to keep this short and sweet as we are currently in the process of wrapping up the next disty.
Want to apologize for the exceptionally long delay between releases. Without airing all of our dirty laundry, we've had a personnel change on this side and some serious discussion regarding quality thresholds.

Sometimes the problem with perfectionists is that things get drawn out as they continue making incremental changes. Some of us felt that an intervention was required and we needed to create some internal policies to help curb some of this behavior that had become rampant.

Unfortunately this cost us a team member. But if it come down to hitting deadlines or taking months to get two simple chapters done, then c'est la vie.

We're happy to share the details later when we aren't under pressure to get our release done.

For now, we're going to right this ship and bring it into port in the next couple of days. Thanks for hanging with us.

Salute Friends!

4.40 star(s) 78 Votes