a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Ok so I don't know what I'm doing wrong with this update. I'm on a mac. I was on 0.83, last time I updated, instead of using the patch I just download the full skunked version and replaced it and it updated. This time when I do that and open the game it is somehow still version 0.83? I then tried to download the patch, I don't see instructions anywhere on how it works so i assumed just replacing the application with it, but that just brings up an error. If someone could help that would be great. I still have the zips of the skunked version of both the full 0.85 and patch for 0.83 to 0.85 for mac.
Dump all you have but for the zips you have then unpack just the full .85 and start playing and you should be good to go.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Has Ptolemy said what comes next ? it's probably too soon for next IR release and after the big update for dana maybe he wants to do a smaller patch and finish Maria and John stuff ?
This is the last we got from him on Discord

Reactions: TechCarmin

Dracorn

Aug 5, 2017
I missunderstood what do I have to do for making the game works, where do I have to put what pls? I tried to update 0.83 to 0.85 but it seems I didn't change the right things because each time I have the launching issue.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I missunderstood what do I have to do for making the game works, where do I have to put what pls? I tried to update 0.83 to 0.85 but it seems I didn't change the right things because each time I have the launching issue.
After unpacking "DreamingofDana-0.083to0.085-pc" go in until you see 3 folders 2 flies and the exe, now highlight all 6 and right click copy then open up DoDana .83 folder to the same 6 folder/files and exe plus there will be a txt file and paste those file here and let it overwrite everything.

noxxxxus

Oct 29, 2017
Dump all you have but for the zips you have then unpack just the full .85 and start playing and you should be good to go.
See, you'd think that would be the case, and that is what has worked for me in the past but...

Dracorn

Aug 5, 2017
The game works, I have 0.85 on the menu but when I launch my progress, it's end at the same point than 0.83 and say "more content in a next update", do I have to restart new game?
Thanks for the help

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
My thoughts on update: The ending to Andrea's path does a good job with advancing Andrea as a character. She gains confidence, becomes capable and less dependent on Chris/Dana. I liked the use of the dog teaching her responsibility, and her job promotion made her more assertive/less subservient. I can't think of a better ending for Andrea than the one I got. The only issue I have is that I feel like Dana got shortchanged a bit. The more Andrea grew in character, the more Dana seemed to take a backseat to Andrea. This in itself isn't bad, especially if you're an Andrea fan, but for a Dana fan, it isn't as satisfying since she has to deal with shit while Chris benefits from it. The ending doesn't give Dana as much of a payoff as it does for Andrea and Chris I felt, but I'm still happy overall with how it ended. Will check out other endings to compare. I might like the Jessica ending more?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
See, you'd think that would be the case, and that is what has worked for me in the past but...
They may have uploaded the wrong one and I will see whats up.

Can you unpack the .83 to .85 and place all the files in .85 and see if that works?

The game works, I have 0.85 on the menu but when I launch my progress, it's end at the same point than 0.83 and say "more content in a next update", do I have to restart new game?
Thanks for the help
Are you also using the Mac version of the game?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
did my thingy...
Dreaming of Dana v0.85 Skunked (2.8GB (patch 275MB)*)
*compressed by reducing image quality slightly

PC: - - - -
MAC: - - - -
.083 to .085 PC: - - -
.083 to .085 MAC: - - -

Sorry dudes... there was a booboo in the upload-process so you will get an error while extracting the full skunked versions, ignore that error and just copy the attached file into this folder
Code:
.\DreamingofDana-0.085-pc-Skunked\game\images\scene\
Players downloading the Mac full game version is still getting v.83 instead.

See vid here

noxxxxus

Oct 29, 2017
They may have uploaded the wrong one and I will see whats up.

Can you unpack the .83 to .85 and place all the files in .85 and see if that works?

Are you also using the Mac version of the game?
There's the second thing, I'm a noob and have no idea how to patch it on the mac and can't seem to find instructions, that's why I've always just ended up download the full version each time before. unzipping both the full or the patch just create a DreamingofDana.app file of different sizes. Which files is it I'm replacing?

winterwolf200

Jun 24, 2017
Honesty after seeing Rex and how atached the girls were to him i have to admit i was hoping for some optional perversion there. Now, i realize most of you are not fond of bestiality for whatever reason, and the voice of the masses tends to drown out anything not related to futa, arthro, furr or traps these days. But more options feel like freedom. Also...traps are indeed gay.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
There's the second thing, I'm a noob and have no idea how to patch it on the mac and can't seem to find instructions, that's why I've always just ended up download the full version each time before. unzipping both the full or the patch just create a DreamingofDana.app file of different sizes. Which files is it I'm replacing?
Can anyone help here who knows about Mac please.

Pepé Le Pew

Resident Skunk
Uploader
Game Compressor
Donor
Former Staff
Feb 3, 2017
Players downloading the Mac full game version is still getting v.83 instead.

See vid here
arhr crap... welp..will see if i can manage to fix it before dev pushes out a new update.. :p

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Awesome, awesome update. I love the epilogue to Andrea's story, making her mature again and installing some self-confidence.
And great how they turned into a real (albeit strange) family.

If this is the form of satisfying conclusion this game offers.
I might start supporting, just so that Ptolemy gets a fair amount of money for the fun this game has brought me.

3.90 star(s) 64 Votes