VN Ren'Py Completed Dreams of Desire: The Lost Memories [LewdLab]

4.10 star(s) 13 Votes

AJ840

Jul 25, 2018
Hey guys is midnight paradise a completely different story or it's like continuation of DoD?

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
Hey guys is midnight paradise a completely different story or it's like continuation of DoD?
No, Midnight Paradise is the upcoming project that (as far as we know, and most likely) has nothing to do with DoD. The guy who replied to you probably thought you were referring to the game whose topic you are posting in, which is indeed a prequel to DoD from Tracy's perspective.

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
As much as I loved DoD, I can't really see how the content for this side story will go without having Tracy fuck a bunch of side characters, making me feel kind of weird looking back at the first game...

Anyone able to give me a quick rundown without actually spoiling anything or should I just go for it? I'm skeptical it will actually be all that good.

Reactions: Johnny-Doe

thestickman

Jun 19, 2017
As much as I loved DoD, I can't really see how the content for this side story will go without having Tracy fuck a bunch of side characters, making me feel kind of weird looking back at the first game...

Anyone able to give me a quick rundown without actually spoiling anything or should I just go for it? I'm skeptical it will actually be all that good.
I had the same feeling going in, but so far, that has not been the case. But, honestly, there's not a whole lot to see as it is anyways. I'd wait for the upcoming release, since it will be the last one, and so you'll see the complete package all at once. It's also no big deal if you skip it entirely; as I said, not much is going on here. I wouldn't say the story expansion you get from this prequel is all that noteworthy. There have been a couple of bonus scenes that are sort of a continuation of post-DoD that have been nice, but that's about all I've personally enjoyed from this thus far.

Reactions: bigguy_foryou

Johnny-Doe

Lola's Daddy™︎
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 12, 2018

My thoughts exactly!
Going overboard might ruin Tracy's character and it would definitely seem out of place since she told us the whole party girl/slutty behaviour was a ruse.

Freki

Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I had the same feeling going in, but so far, that has not been the case. But, honestly, there's not a whole lot to see as it is anyways. I'd wait for the upcoming release, since it will be the last one, and so you'll see the complete package all at once. It's also no big deal if you skip it entirely; as I said, not much is going on here. I wouldn't say the story expansion you get from this prequel is all that noteworthy. There have been a couple of bonus scenes that are sort of a continuation of post-DoD that have been nice, but that's about all I've personally enjoyed from this thus far.
This story addition gives you the motivations that Tracey had for "stealing" your work for mom, how much of a bitch she is to you at the beginning and several other things. that being said I would never recommend this game be played before the original! it spoils the over all story for you. Oh also it's going to show how Nora and Tracey get involved.

Reactions: UncleVT
4.10 star(s) 13 Votes