DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
Usually if I don't want to see a particular fetish or scene, it's because I'd rather it not happen at all.
Yes... I admit I didn't word it right when I made that post.

Fetishes can definitely be skipped (as in not happen at all) when they're put forth in the future, and characters will acknowledge that. Forcing a fetish on someone is something no one wants. :(

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Overview:
Dreams
Or
Dreams, they say, are formed from various thoughts, images, desires, or just something random the mind comes up with as you sleep. They're involuntarily experienced by those that sleep and, most of the time, have no control over them.

Just a small thing DummyDelta
Makes Dreams larger. I think most members miss it when they start reading the overview.

Reactions: DummyDelta

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
Overview:
Dreams
Or
Dreams, they say, are formed from various thoughts, images, desires, or just something random the mind comes up with as you sleep. They're involuntarily experienced by those that sleep and, most of the time, have no control over them.

Just a small thing DummyDelta
Makes Dreams larger. I think most members miss it when they start reading the overview.
Good suggestion, actually. For some reason it blends in with the background as it is since it's the only word up there. I'll need to give the description some tweaking one of these days. But for now I'll give it some tweaking now. Thanks. :)

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

TideT

Jul 4, 2018
I'm getting major OiALT vibes from this
Having just played through Dreamscape for the first time, I am inclined to agree. Has good humour, story and the renders are good. Also had some Persona vibes too.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops Dummy, good luck with the rest of the game. I am curious though, is this your first game? It's pretty rare for a game to be this well developed for a first timer. Did you make games under a different name or work with other devs on some of their projects before this?

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
Having just played through Dreamscape for the first time, I am inclined to agree. Has good humour, story and the renders are good. Also had some Persona vibes too.

Looking forward to seeing how this develops Dummy, good luck with the rest of the game. I am curious though, is this your first game? It's pretty rare for a game to be this well developed for a first timer. Did you make games under a different name or work with other devs on some of their projects before this?
I've written a lot of stories solo on and off over the years, so I've some experience in this area. As for making a Visual Novel itself, graphics and all? First time for me. But I'm learning a lot as I go along.

And many thanks for the encouragement. It's nice to hear everyone's enjoying the game so far. :)

Reactions: TideT

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
So, I've read the two-star review. And it brings up some fair criticisms.

I wanted to make this Visual Novel with choices in mind. While I think it's a little too early to give any meaningful choices that changes the story in any drastic way, one did pop up.

The busty red-head.

Since the choices I presented (or lack thereof) means that you can't avoid going down her route, it feels forced for some players. So within a weeks time, I'll be making another update.

You wanna avoid the busty red-head? I'm gonna give you that choice, especially if Phoebe and/or Serena are more to your liking.

Maybe a new variation of a sex scene (with a choice) too...

That last bit is a bit of speculation, but definitely more control over player choices.

Look forward to it.

Reactions: Solariat

Damien112

Jul 21, 2019
I'll play this game regardless of how progresses just for that bit in the beginning about coding cause I can totally relate. FUCK UNIIII!!!!!!! T-T

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hmm, I'm feeling a sharp pain near my right elbow, but I can't put a finger on what it could be.

...Homer Simpson?

Anyway...This is a great start eagerly awaiting its continuation.
Was any of this inspired by the movie Dreamscape?

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
Hmm, I'm feeling a sharp pain near my right elbow, but I can't put a finger on what it could be.

...Homer Simpson?

Anyway...This is a great start eagerly awaiting its continuation.
Was any of this inspired by the movie Dreamscape?
Many thanks. Sadly clipping can be an issue sometimes, but I'd like to think I've gotten better as I've gone along. It's the little things that escape my eyesight. x_x

Funny enough I remember that movie from a long time ago. It's not what inspired this game, though. Weird coincidence!

It was just a mix of ideas that formed into some bigger ones. Persona is probably an influence of it, too. What with going to different worlds and being in altered outfits and whatnot. This game seems to have vibes with a lot of stuff, it seems!

Reactions: punisher2099

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
So is there an actual story that you actually progress and learn about what is happening or is the story just a plot and that is it.. no more to do with the story just basically turns into a sandbox trainer game. Too many actually fail to deliver the story and just turns into a sandbox trainer.

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
So is there an actual story that you actually progress and learn about what is happening or is the story just a plot and that is it.. no more to do with the story just basically turns into a sandbox trainer game. Too many actually fail to deliver the story and just turns into a sandbox trainer.
Nope, no plans to make it a sandbox. It's just straight up story with some branching heroine paths in the future. It's basically a traditional VN.

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
any reason why previous saves didn't work for this update? Is this going to be a problem moving forward because it's ok to start over early on but starting over every update as development continues is not something most people want to do?

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
any reason why previous saves didn't work for this update? Is this going to be a problem moving forward because it's ok to start over early on but starting over every update as development continues is not something most people want to do?
Had some issues loading some save files of my own, but they worked fine after awhile for some odd reason. It's more of a pre-caution than anything else. If your saves still work, then it might be fine. It's one of the reasons why I released this update so I can avoid broken save files in the future. Wouldn't want to put that frustration onto anyone.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Dreamscape-0.2R1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Need help or have questions? Let us know here, or join us on !
, . Peer issues? Look here.​

DummyDelta

Developer of DreamScape
Game Developer
Jan 3, 2022
Why are there 3 different versions to download?
It's temporary. Due to the new release, the ones who make the Compressed and Torrent versions need time to update. Old links will be updated with new ones as time goes on.

Reactions: ubira
4.00 star(s) 8 Votes