VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
This comment sections will be disabled temporarily, we do not approve spamming nor begging in our comment sections.

The thread will re-open later when the new version of the game is available.
If you have the new versions of the game, feel free to PM me or any other staff member.

Happy Fapping!
Found this on page three of this thread, one more time... page three, everybody repeat after me... page three...
Apparently back then them mods weren't mesmerized by gumdrop's BS...
Hopefully someone who's important sees this and makes the right decision with this thread...

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
Found this on page three of this thread, one more time... page three, everybody repeat after me... page three...
Hopefully someone who's important sees this and makes the right decision with this thread...
just curious , what were you even doing in page three.... I've seen people ignoring posts just above their's and you're roaming in ancient pages !!! dude.....

Reactions: January2015

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
just curious , what were you even doing in page three.... I've seen people ignoring posts just above their's and you're roaming in ancient pages !!! dude.....
Maybe you should take your own advice then and ignore the post above you, but anyway dude... just to satisfy your curiosity about my curiosity i was there to see if this thread this game had problems from the beginning or was a normal thread once and what do you know, surprise surprise...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The mod post back in page 3 not even about what going on these days. It was about spamming/begging to share new version afaik. Which still is not a uncommon sight in threads on this forum. Inpatient people begging for new updates to get posted.

Reactions: January2015

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I don't want to backseat mod but just mark it as abandoned this is ridiculous. Saying it is "on hold" isn't correct he says he is still working on it and has been taking pledges the entire time.

Jan 9, 2019
I don't want to backseat mod but just mark it as abandoned this is ridiculous. Saying it is "on hold" isn't correct he says he is still working on it and has been taking pledges the entire time.
Where is the evidence? I don't even enjoy the game, but the ridiculous lengths some people on this thread go to defend an obvious scam puzzles me:

* no release for a year
* no EVIDENCE of having done work for a year
* LIED multiple times (like saying the latest delay was due to his mediocre December side release)
* no EVIDENCE of the hardware he claimed to have bought
* no EVIDENCE of him hiring an animator (could very well be commissioned work to keep scamming naive people like you)
* utter lack of in-game previews. This is a point that I don't even see critics raising even though it's incredibly suspicious. Pin-ups are incredibly easy to render, but actual scene renders take much longer and require actual set-up time. Why isn't he showing in-game previews? how could you explain this rationally?

For all intents and purposes this game is ON HOLD, and a full year devoid of releases shows that the tag is more than warranted (shitty side release aside, which by his own admission just took 3 weeks).

In fact I think this site needs a DEV WARNING tag to warn naive potential patrons that the dev has broken his own promises multiple times, and that there is no evidence of continued work.

Compare with ethical devs like Pandelo or the dude from Parental Love who suspend payments if they fail to deliver or if they will take longer than 1 month.

This game is the Patreon equivalent of the Nigerian prince scam: it targets the most naive people in the market, knowing that their sheer numbers will still make the scam work.

I just go an idea, what about a dev review section on this site? it seems incredibly unfair that scammers like this dude can release another game in the future and most people would be completely unaware of what they are supporting. A dev review section is desperately needed.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It's a bit funny talking about ethical on a site that is dedicated to piracy though. When you stealing something without paying, its okay, but if a creator is "ripping someone off", its not.. Double standards I guess.

@WinterW as far as I get it, the dude you ripping on, said "just mark the game as abandoned". At least don't tear the head off, of someone for the wrong reasons.

Also if you really want to start ripping at creators, should we just single out someone, or do an all out war on everyone?
Lets look at the backstory of Cloud Meadow shall we? @

Also, do you have clear proof he haven't bought any hardware, or hired any animator, or not done any work what so ever?
Why all this bullshit when you can just walk away from the entire thing? We can dogpile on GD every day and hour of the week, but it doesn't change any. You can close this thread or mark it abandoned, it doesn't change anything. This saga will carry on until no patreons left to support him, or eventually something get released. No matter what anyone of us say or do will change that. Preaching to the choir have little effect.

Jan 9, 2019
It's a bit funny talking about ethical on a site that is dedicated to piracy though. When you stealing something without paying, its okay, but if a creator is "ripping someone off", its not.. Double standards I guess.

@WinterW as far as I get it, the dude you ripping on, said "just mark the game as abandoned". At least don't tear the head off, of someone for the wrong reasons.

Also if you really want to start ripping at creators, should we just single out someone, or do an all out war on everyone?
Lets look at the backstory of Cloud Meadow shall we? @
Also, do you have clear proof he haven't bought any hardware, or hired any animator, or not done any work what so ever?
Why all this bullshit when you can just walk away from the entire thing? We can dogpile on GD every day and hour of the week, but it doesn't change any. You can close this thread or mark it abandoned, it doesn't change anything. This saga will carry on until no patreons left to support him, or eventually something get released. No matter what anyone of us say or do will change that. Preaching to the choir have little effect.
You are the kind of person I'm talking about.

You want proof of a negative. I can tell you are not an expert on logic. The burden of proof is in those making positive claims: like the dev saying he has done work. Physicists also don't have proof of invisible pink ponies who don't interact with matter not existing, it's up to pink ponies believers to show evidence of them existing. Your pink pony in this case is the work done by this scammer.

Yes, I want to hold all devs accountable, but this one is by far the worst I have seen yet considering how many naive people keep throwing money at him.

Also, I use this site to test games before becoming a patron, and I'm not alone. That you think everyone here is pirating is hilarious. Also plenty of devs pirate assets too, especially when starting. This site is a massive advertisement platform for many many devs, that's why many of them join too.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You are the kind of person I'm talking about.

You want proof of a negative. I can tell you are not an expert on logic. The burden of proof is in those making positive claims: like the dev saying he has done work. Physicists also don't have proof of invisible pink ponies who don't interact with matter not existing, it's up to pink ponies believers to show evidence of them existing. Your pink pony in this case is the work done by this scammer.

Yes, I want to hold all devs accountable, but this one is by far the worst I have seen yet considering how many naive people keep throwing money at him.

Also, I use this site to test games before becoming a patron, and I'm not alone. That you think everyone here is pirating is hilarious. Also plenty of devs pirate assets too, especially when starting. This site is a massive advertisement platform for many many devs, that's why many of them join too.
Not saying everyone here is pirating, but let's not fool ourselves. Majority does. Or else the download ratio would reflect pledge numbers to creators don't you think? I been pirating games and a whole lot of other stuff since the mid 80's. The only thing that hold true when it comes to piracy is; Just because someone does pirate, doesn't equal a lost sale. Also another funny thing about piracy, just because someone else does it, doesn't make it okay. No one here is on any ethical high ground in that regard.

The burden of proof... that's funny, if you going to accuse someone, the burden fall on you. Heard about the little known phrase "Innocent until prove guilty"? You have people in this thread throwing accusations around he must be a criminal doing money laundry and other stuff. Someone even hinted towards him doing graphics of underage erotica. But hey, let's not be rational about this, and throw another log on the fire to burn the witch shall we?

You can claim this is a massive advertisement platform, but it's not any more than then the likes of Piratebay and other torrent sites, or sites focused on the same out there. Or why not SVSComics. Searching on Dual Family there, you will see the Xmas release alone have over 158000 downloads. Which is almost 3 times as many downloads the last actual release of the game have there. If you wonder why people still support GD? Those number above, is why. And then we don't have the actual number of downloads from other places the game been hosted in addition.

Should we look at some other games and just use SVSComics as metrics?

Lust and passion; Wife and a mother - 95000+ downloads (769 patreons).
ICSTOR; Milf City - 163000+ downloads (5000+ patreons, slightly better).
FFCreations; Freeloading family - 83000+ downloads, 321 patreons)..

I could keep go on and on.... Piracy is piracy, its not an advertisement gimmick.

Reactions: yandex

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017
People Still had hope back then it was An different Time, simpler like me who was all excited There was going to be an new star wars until I heard They were being made by Disney.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
People Still had hope back then it was An different Time, simpler like me who was all excited There was going to be an new star wars until I heard They were being made by Disney.
Yeah, Mickey Mouse Star Wars not so engaging. Miss handling such a franchise, now that is criminal...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Everyone has every right to get back at him and spam him. You think it's a joke that he hasn't release any update for a year ? and you are calling us beggars for wanting an update from a GumDrops ? Are you brain dead ? he deserves all the hate and crap coming his way. And your pathetic ass seems to be in the line of fire since your'e holding and protecting his ball*s.

God seriously don't you ever get tired of defending his honor like a jealous wife or mistress ?
I really don't want to question your ability read, but. The MOD post referred to there. And about why the thread got locked down then, was due to people was spamming/begging in the thread for the new update to get posted. So mods closed it down until it actually was... Now, over 2 years and 7 odd months later. The climate in the thread a bit different.

Did I call anyone a beggar? No.. And if you spam this thread, you not spamming GD, you don't affect GD, only thing you do is add to the gray hairs of the moderators. Also you might want to brush up on forums rules.

Anas Khan

Aug 8, 2018
Everyone has every right to get back at him and spam him. You think it's a joke taht he hasn't release any update for an year ? he deserves all the hate and crap coming his way. And your pathetic ass seems to be in the line of fire since your'e holding and protecting his ball*s.

God seriously you don't ever get tired of defending his honor like a jealous wife or mistress ?
I really don't want to question your ability read, but. The MOD post referred to there. And about why the thread got locked down then, was due to people was spamming/begging in the thread for the new update to get posted. So mods closed it down until it actually was... Now, over 2 years and 7 odd months later. The climate in the thread a bit different.

Did I call anyone a beggar? No.. And if you spam this thread, you not spamming GD, you don't affect GD, only thing you do is add to the gray hairs of the moderators. Also you might want to brush up on forums rules.
I honestly don't understand how anyone in there sane mind would have the time to defend his actions in every way possible! by either saying "Oh many developers have done that before and so i dont know what you guys are complaining about since it doesn't matter" or "Oh he is very good at marketing that's what no one understands". Like wtf is wrong with you ? are you being held hostage by him in his house or something and he's making you reply to every crap that we are spewing at him ? are you guys married and you took a vow to defend his honor ? because i can see how in the previous replies you were pretty taken aback by someone mentioning his wife supporting Gumdrop and you came to her defense quicker than flies would surround a piece of crap (Which Gumdrop definitely is).

This place is meant to discuss his actions and we can definitely crap on him all we want, but to think that someone would be defending his actions even after all this bullsh**itery ? makes me think Who the fu*k you are to him exactly ?

PS: I could care less about the rules as long as i get to drop a deuce on you a few times

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes