VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

N1K17Y

Jun 12, 2017
dont know why people complain about dialogue. i guess for some its too over the top and at some point it gets kinda repetitive like "ffs i get it already incest is f*cked up" but i like it. compared to other games from this kind its pretty good. plus i guess the market is getting really saturated, you gotta have something to differentiate you from the others.
ill put it on hold though, not really much action(and judging from the stats there wont be anytime soon, which sucks a lot) but the set up is nice. gonna pick it up after few months

Spakos

Jul 23, 2017
I downloaded this game because the models seemed really good, and the mother is one of the best I've seen.
But this is supposed to be an adult game, not a literature novel. I mean come on, I activated a mouse clicker program just to see how long it was and even then it was boring.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
I made a short, concise review:

This could have easily been the best Adult Game in the market. This could have easily bested the existing prominent games such as Dreams of Desire, Summertime Saga, etc but no. Gumdrop chose to approach his game in a tedious quest of trying to portray a believable incest story which he relatively fails at.

Dual Family has the BEST rendered images available in the market, THE BEST. The skin and texture and proportions are uncanny realistic.

This game has so much potential. Sadly, it's ruined with:
1. God-awful story-telling
2. Pacing
3. Dialogue
4. Nude scenes available through horrible angles
5. Progress
6. Unnecessary fillers such as playing guitar, psychopathic projection through skeleton conversations
7. Unrealistic approach to resolve a dispute through rape without justifying the reason why it's available as an option.
8. Scene inconsistency
9. Abnormal amount of unnecessary frames where the player is forced to stare at furnitures and sceneries.
10. Developer's consistent failures to deliver and finish projects on time.
11. Developers obvious milking business approach by teasing players
12. Non-existing outcome from player's choices

To sum it all up, it virtually has no content. This is supposed to be an adult game, not a image construct from some horrible erotica.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I made a short, concise review:

This could have easily been the best Adult Game in the market. This could have easily bested the existing prominent games such as Dreams of Desire, Summertime Saga, etc but no. Gumdrop chose to approach his game in a tedious quest of trying to portray a believable incest story which he relatively fails at.

Dual Family has the BEST rendered images available in the market, THE BEST. The skin and texture and proportions are uncanny realistic.

This game has so much potential. Sadly, it's ruined with:
1. God-awful story-telling
2. Pacing
3. Dialogue
4. Nude scenes available through horrible angles
5. Progress
6. Unnecessary fillers such as playing guitar, psychopathic projection through skeleton conversations
7. Unrealistic approach to resolve a dispute through rape without justifying the reason why it's available as an option.
8. Scene inconsistency
9. Abnormal amount of unnecessary frames where the player is forced to stare at furnitures and sceneries.
10. Developer's consistent failures to deliver and finish projects on time.
11. Developers obvious milking business approach by teasing players
12. Non-existing outcome from player's choices

To sum it all up, it virtually has no content. This is supposed to be an adult game, not a image construct from some horrible erotica.
So it would be the best adult game if not for everything?:p

I honestly wonder what's Gumdrop plan if he'll be suspended. Now it's just a matter of time and his game is unchangeble. He would have to continue plot without incest somehow. He's lucky there isn't much for now:p

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
So it would be the best adult game if not for everything?:p

I honestly wonder what's Gumdrop plan if he'll be suspended. Now it's just a matter of time and his game is unchangeble. He would have to continue plot without incest somehow. He's lucky there isn't much for now:p
Could you clarify what you mean by "if he'll be suspended"? I tried googling it, but didn't notice anything happening. What suspension? Is there a new policy on patreon about incest fiction? Why would Gumdrop games be "suspended"?

And regarding the points raised by Vanaduke .. I personally agree with many of his points, although I do think the writing is quite a bit better than he makes it look compared to this games competition, and the psychological aspects are also unique, but they could be done better..
Most incest adult games have shoddy unrealistic writing, while at least this one is a bit more realistic and it does so decently well. But there can be many improvements and the generalizing all of his points into a "So it would be the best adult game if not for everything?" doesn't really make sense because Vanaduke did mention things that they could do BETTER and he did give credit in places where credit was due. If there are things to improve upon it doesn't mean that the whole project should be scrapped and it's a bit silly to suggest that (He didn't really point towards any core parts of the game being the issue, it's the parts surrounding it that are the issue. The pacing and fillers are most certainly some of them.).

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Could you clarify what you mean by "if he'll be suspended"? I tried googling it, but didn't notice anything happening. What suspension? Is there a new policy on patreon about incest fiction? Why would Gumdrop games be "suspended"?

And regarding the points raised by Vanaduke .. I personally agree with many of his points, although I do think the writing is quite a bit better than he makes it look compared to this games competition, and the psychological aspects are also unique, but they could be done better..
Most incest adult games have shoddy unrealistic writing, while at least this one is a bit more realistic and it does so decently well. But there can be many improvements and the generalizing all of his points into a "So it would be the best adult game if not for everything?" doesn't really make sense because Vanaduke did mention things that they could do BETTER and he did give credit in places where credit was due. If there are things to improve upon it doesn't mean that the whole project should be scrapped and it's a bit silly to suggest that (He didn't really point towards any core parts of the game being the issue, it's the parts surrounding it that are the issue. The pacing and fillers are most certainly some of them.).
Suspension is suspension. It's a ban until you remove forbidden content. Just recently Big Brother and Dating My Daughter were removed from Patreon (much bigger devs than Gundrop) and many other devs have been suspended. New rules for adult content. Incest is forbidden on Patreon. They are slow but with DMD and BB casus we know it's a matter of time for games like Dual Family to be removed. He has to think seriously about it. His writing makes it impossible to change those relations ingame and it can come in any moment.

geenius3ab

Sep 2, 2017
Guys!
What if we took "Dual Family", and pushed it somewhere else?
I think that would make most sense. There are alternative websites to Patreon so Gumdrop games can make use of it.

I actually think that if Gumdrop games changes to "step-sister" and "step-mother" he could try and get past the new policies and we can have a patch to reverse it on a separate site. And Gumdrop games could provide a link to the patch ingame with the citation "The real dual family experience".

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Gumdrop already addressed whole situation on discord. He will keep game as it is for now. In case of suspension he'll make them all step-family if reviewer will let him. If they won't let him he will create his own site and use Gamejolt for funds. He's pretty calm which surprises me. He's not the biggest dev but he's a second Tier of devs and has a lot to lose. I can't see a way for him to keep funds with Gamejolt and his site unless he's not doing it for the living. We will see

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Patreon is banning depictions of consensual sex between adults, and arbitrarily defining relationships? You spouse would be incest by their rules.

FeralChild

Aug 13, 2017
Gumdrop already addressed whole situation on discord. He will keep game as it is for now. In case of suspension he'll make them all step-family if reviewer will let him. If they won't let him he will create his own site and use Gamejolt for funds. He's pretty calm which surprises me. He's not the biggest dev but he's a second Tier of devs and has a lot to lose. I can't see a way for him to keep funds with Gamejolt and his site unless he's not doing it for the living. We will see
I think the key thing you're missing is he's making his own website which will have his own funding API similar to Patreon.
As soon as that's finished he'll start migrating to that and probably just consider any funds from Patreon as a bonus

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
One of the reasons I withdrew my 20 dollar patreon to 1 dollar is that when this pretentious
Why not friends with benefits.... not related in any way & all have each character has to show over 21 in game ID ...... I just look young, it’s in my genes!!
Then it wouldn't be incest. Nothing exciting about that. The initial taboo is what keeps this game going.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes