VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, yeah... let's put zillion H scenes without any sense to story or anything. Let Gumdrop Games be like almost every other developer here. Besides, this isn't just about quality like others said. Secret scenes going to include quick sex content for those really impatient, who "expect nothing".. If Gumdrop "milking", then all others here is milk a ton. And i mean most popular games.

Agreed, but it's not like there was a huge amount of non-linear something yet.

I always play both, even though prefer son, so hopefully everyone gets a good chunk.
You're attacking a strawman.

Build up =/= Wasting time on reworking images that were already fine.

May 31, 2017
to be honest ... the guy started out okay and got better with his renders. now that he does this full time, he has that much more time to work on the project and still put out an update. he seems dissatisfied with his own previous work and wishes to improve it while also working on story development.

1. It's his project, his timeline, and his hours of work put into the project.
2. Most of us don't even pay for the game ... at all.
3. even for those who are his patrons, you can support him or not, no-one is forcing you to give him money.

so why does anyone think they can tell him what the fuck he should do? Seems kinda crazy to me.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
to be honest ... the guy started out okay and got better with his renders. now that he does this full time, he has that much more time to work on the project and still put out an update. he seems dissatisfied with his own previous work and wishes to improve it while also working on story development.

1. It's his project, his timeline, and his hours of work put into the project.
2. Most of us don't even pay for the game ... at all.
3. even for those who are his patrons, you can support him or not, no-one is forcing you to give him money.

so why does anyone think they can tell him what the fuck he should do? Seems kinda crazy to me.
I don't know why people make these types of posts.

People are critical.
People will continue being critical

That's all there is to it. I don't know why white knights like you always rush to these guys aids, they make plenty of money as it is. They don't need some faceless guys on a forum to fellate everything they do and defend them at every turn.

What your doing is counter productive. If you want a productive post, offer counter arguments to each criticism that this game receives, what you're doing is just being a lapdog to a guy who doesn't even know you.

aweriel

Jun 18, 2017
I don't know why people make these types of posts.

People are critical.
People will continue being critical
Quite the opposite.
For me DF are the best game on this time ( I love play son route). I think better than DmD.
De qustibus non est disputandum. :)

May 31, 2017
What your doing is counter productive. If you want a productive post, offer counter arguments to each criticism that this game receives, what you're doing is just being a lapdog to a guy who doesn't even know you.
Criticism of content is perfectly fine as is suggesting improvements. They can both help in the creative process and are good feedback. I never said criticism was bad.

My point was that all these opinions people are giving on what they think the author should be working on instead of his current path are rude and arrogant. I was trying to convey that for every minute of gameplay we enjoy, he has put many hours to make happen. It's his life and his time to "waste" if he chooses to.

I fail to see the pointlessness in standing up for a guy when so many people are, frankly, being assholes.

Hercule_Poirot

Aug 22, 2016
Consider me hyped about both news (him becoming a full-time dev...and that he may be working on both the remaster and the next ep).

Last edited:
Reactions: Krull

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Criticism of content is perfectly fine as is suggesting improvements. They can both help in the creative process and are good feedback. I never said criticism was bad.

My point was that all these opinions people are giving on what they think the author should be working on instead of his current path are rude and arrogant. I was trying to convey that for every minute of gameplay we enjoy, he has put many hours to make happen. It's his life and his time to "waste" if he chooses to.

I fail to see the pointlessness in standing up for a guy when so many people are, frankly, being assholes.
Having a negative opinion on a developers choices =/= being an asshole

That's not how life works buddeh.

May 31, 2017
Having a negative opinion on a developers choices =/= being an asshole

That's not how life works buddeh.
Arbitrarily imposing your will on someone else's life and having an opinion on someone's choices are two different things, but it seems we're arguing semantics.

Reactions: Dilettante

petedragon

May 4, 2017
Criticism? We're talking about 4000$ (four thousand dollars) per month... I admit I can't understand how Patreon works sometimes... I see garbage patronized for 15.000 per month and very good games with less than 400...
Dont worry Bruni I still prefer yours. Though this one is good. For my 2 pennies if i was actually paying for something think I may have right to complain, not that I have found anything. But I am a pirate dragon so I just enjoy whatever I am given.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
I'm not attacking, and you don't understand my post. Like i said, it's not just image quality, he makes new UI, gallery, new scenes, and ton of other stuff for previous updates. Just read Gumdrop's post carefully. It's all you need.

I don't really see your criticism? Where is it? You telling pretty much nonsense, and things that considered "truth" only in your eyes. You can try and write something like that in one of the most popular game's thread. Let's see if you receive ton of hate from people who like game immediately or not.
Literally right on the previous page.

"Why is he redoing it anyway?

The image quality was fine and the mechanics were fine. The problem with the game is the hilarious lack of H scenes and content. Every nude scene is a straight up dream sequence.

This is the definition of milking to me and I might skip this update entirely because if it's nothing more than a """"remake"""" then what's the fucking point when I already know what to expect (which is exactly, nothing)?"

It's just hilarious, I see this stuff all the time. People start criticising some dudes game and then lapdogs come out of the wood work to defend him for no reason rather than try to refute the actual criticisms (because they most likely can't).

That's called ass licking in my eyes and it's entirely counter productive and serves no other purpose than that. It honestly makes me question the people defending him and whether or not they're the creator himself making alternative accounts so he can defend his shitty game anonymously because I fail to see how somebody can be such a beta that he would defend some guy who makes multiple thousands per month to release 5-10 minutes of content each month.

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
I fail to see how somebody can be such a beta that he would defend some guy who makes multiple thousands per month to release 5-10 minutes of content each month.
I'm not talking about Gumdrop here, nor myself, but I think as a developer I need to clarify something.
Releasing 5-10 minutes of content requires at least 1-2 hours of work, if you do that work with quality. It also needs ideas and ability to write them down.

I'm no longer a fan of Dual Family, I even patronized him for a month or two in the past, because I actually don't like the art and graphics behind it and I also wanted more "daughter" content and less "mom"'s, but I still respect people's work like his, because as a fellow developer of a "niche" game I know how much time we spend on the project and how much of ourselves is put into it every time.

Just to be clear: I'm not defending anyone, as I said earlier many games are real crap, but still it's the players who decide what's crappy and what isn't, and the pledges received on Patreon talk by themselves...

Bruni Multimedia

Donor
Game Developer
May 24, 2017
i was actually paying for something think I may have right to complain,
You definitely are, and as everyone who plays our games in the current state of development (alpha releases) has the same right. If I publish an ALPHA release I want to hear feedback, I may even have to restart the game completely if it's crappy, or it wouldn't be an alpha at all!

I prefer sincere comments about my game than to discover it sucks maybe after two years of developing it.

kösnül

Jul 14, 2017
My favorite daughter themed visual novel is this. The daughter in this one is the one designed for the least rustic tastes. Both in terms of body, face and personality, she is much more sophisticated and delicate than the daughter in "Dating My Daughter". My only negative criticism is, we need more feet content.

Last edited:

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017

Remaster Coming This Week!

Hey again. Still alive, still crunching. Hopefully the weekend has been decent to you as well.
The Remaster is coming this week -- expect it to be up before the weekend on Thursday or Friday. As I disclaimed in my long-winded UI post, I aimed for a release this weekend but made no absolutes of it since my track record has been spotty.

All of the new UI and story sequences have been hard-coded and are ready to go -- all that remains is the 12 gallery and 10 secrets scenes to be rendered. Besides some brief touching up with the post-work, that's everything.

To defer the menial task of crossing items off a checklist, I also implemented an interactive minigame to complete when you unlock a new gallery or secret; I think you'll find it to be quite amusing.

I have to thank you again for sticking with both myself and Dual Family. I know this month has been all over the place, but the remaster and next month's release of Act I - Part V will certainly be a succession of form -- you can count on it.

Still more previews this week. See you soon!

Gumdrop Games

Nemi

May 13, 2017
Something funny...
The daughter looks just like my friend's wife.
I honestly can't look at her the same way now XD
That moment when all you think is "I've seen you naked" but you know you can't say anything because the subsequent explanation would probably only make it worse

expect it to be up before the weekend on Thursday or Friday.
Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm happy for him that he now gets to do the game the way he wanted to originally. I hope it's just as much fun for us to play

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes