VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Oh believe me I'm not suggesting that Karen's plan isn't flawed to all hell and back. She clearly isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer otherwise I doubt she would be in the state she often finds herself. She wants the Father either just sexually or for something more and she was desperately jealous of what she saw on the couch with F/D cuddling. She also has a general dislike of the Daughter due to her previous perceived belittling of Karen at school, as is discussed with the Son in his route.

In the conversation with the Son on his bed she is clearly thinking out loud when presented with the opportunity to instigate something. She uses it in the hopes that she can drive a wedge between F and D. Her plan hinges on the fact that she reasonably expects the Daughter to be repulsed by the idea of incest but as you said, she should reason that it mite not go down that way, especially in the light of her own incestuous feelings towards the Father. The Daughter is clearly enamored by her Father and it was fairly obvious to Karen. D mite have seen M/S naked in his bed and it blown away any reservations she had regarding pursuing her Father romantically. She may have thought "If they can do it, why am I holding back on my feelings?" Karen's plan was flawed but what should we expect from a flawed person.
I'm following the progress of the game Babysitter, and @Ignazzio just posted what the dev wrote on patreon, i'm posting it here because this is how developers should be.
@alex Bukr
Yes, that are definitely developers worthy of the label and something gumdrop will never reach, because his greed got the better of him.

@Siddington
We do not know at the moment how intelligent Karen potentially is, since she has two problems, alcohol and poor impulse control. Not for nothing some of Karen´s ideas would be called "Schnapsidee" in German, which means that these idea you have, looks good only if you are drunk as a skunk.
I definitely have to have a look at the Son routes, but yes, Karen is quite the schemer (the apple does not fall far from the tree considering her Mom)and she was extremely jealous when she saw D-D cuddling. Due to her poor impulse control, she started this new scheme with the Son. (By the way the Son is quite a highgrade a..)
As you said, Karen could reasonably calculate with the daughter being appalled seeing M-S naked on the bed (If she saw it, gumdrop did not spill in this update), but she should have seen early on that the next part might not go as she hoped for. But that is what you get if you let your impulses control you. Karen unintentionedly strenghtened the D-D relationship, because that may be just my gut feeling, but there are hints in the Dad route pointing towards that the daughter did see Karen´s "arrangement" too.

Oct 13, 2017
Not completely through son, haven't started father.
Maddy though.....
I think she so gosh darn pretty, that bright red hed, not ridiculous breast size . Bit of a choker, but not quite Cherly/Carol/Cherlene.
I want a game about her.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Lets be honest: Everybody who plays the game loves M/S Incest! Nobody plays the daughter route. Nobody cares. The Mom is a dream with feelings and passion. I would love to have her in a game of a mom/son love, maybe a sequel.
Well, do not conclude from yourself onto others. I play the D-D route far more than the M-S route. Esp. since the son is one of the greatest pricks in adult games, so I (and several other users) far prefer the D-D route and would like a sequel with them. so to each his own.:)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I decided to give this visual novel/game another chance... Believing that maybe 3 months and $30,000.00 later, the pace of the story and character growth might have improved somewhat... But nope, it didn't... There are just as many story telling pauses, teaser visuals, and slow amounts of plot/character growth as in prior content... The cousin/niece has a sliver of possible growth, if you selected her over the daughter and stayed with her for the night, or at least I thought so at first, but it ended up just being more teaser... We get even more dream sequences, which are practically the only real erotic scenes throughout most of this VN/Game... There are a few semi-erotic scenes (beyond dreams), but they are so dark, you don't see much, at least on the father side of the story... It's fairly disappointing that 3 months into it, and the same pacing issues still exists on both sides of the story... The characters just don't feel like they are growing much beyond their original forms... There are visual hints now and then that perhaps something might be occurring or about to occur, but then nothing... Just more visual/story teasing with choices not really having too much of an impact on the relationships at all... And once more, practically every character looks depressed, sad, or has that longing feeling like, nothing is every gonna get better... Perhaps they are feeling the way some of us are feeling about this story? Which almost makes this VN/Game perfect, if you want to feel depressed and sad and stuff...

Anyhow, I do wish the authors/developers the best of luck, but I really do not believe the content we keep getting is worth the extraordinary amounts of money being donated to keep it running... I'm all for a lengthy story, but there needs to be some balance now and then, a lot more character growth, and a feeling that the pacing of the plot is ever evolving beyond the same feelings/desires it started with... And enough with the 100's of dramatic pauses... Use them when needed, for dramatic flare, but not all the flipping time... It just makes the pace of the story/plot even slower then it already is... Artificially inflating the new content to feel longer and larger then it truly is... I went ahead and updated my review...

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I actually wanted B-S route, guess that won't happen :3
Might still be possible, AFAIK on the Son route you now have to chose to go either towards the Milfs (Mom Aunt) or towards the Girls (Karen and Sister). The Son has a harder way towards his Sis, but there are route parts only for the Brother pursueing his Sister.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I haven't touched this game since like it's second update. Is the son path still railroaded into the mother and the dad path is railroaded into the daughter with no real choices? I remember this as one of the first games I thought I'd support, but it really started to get high off it's own fumes with the skeleton and it's "psychological" musings. Has it improved in that regard or are we worse off now?

NOT. AT. ALL. It's the same shit times ten by now.

Lord_b

Jan 17, 2018
The only real issue I have with the game is on the Dad route where you are apparently paralyzed when Karen sits on you while sleeping. After all the clearly negative interactions with her I don't see any way the dad wouldn't have thrown her across the room for effectively trying to rape him. It makes sense if you accept the drink from the aunt but not when you go out of your way to show your lack of respect for the two of them.

Other then that one issue I have been really enjoying this game.

Correction. Just finished the rest of the Dad route for this update and I feel there was some really questionable decisions in it. When he decides to go meet the aunt for drinks even though he has done nothing but spite her up to this point made no sense. The only good part of that was being able to kick her on your way out while drugged... This whole scene was terrible in my opinion. I get it is setting up future content but this made no sense to go looking for Karen just to get to the apartment and then sit on the couch with the bitch aunt and drink.

Reactions: Eye-switcher

Angmir

May 29, 2017
Lets be honest: Everybody who plays the game loves M/S Incest! Nobody plays the daughter route. Nobody cares. The Mom is a dream with feelings and passion. I would love to have her in a game of a mom/son love, maybe a sequel.
You are wrong
I only here for The Daughter sister.

I dont mind mother or good milf in general - but Mother in this game is just off-putting.
Sure she has amazing body, but her face tells "Aliens are real" a lot of times.
And her depresing mentaly unstable attitude.
If I have to fuck Crazy, I'd rather fuck crazy positive girl instead...

So yeah even on Son route I am more into Sister than Mother.

Reactions: tarzan999

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
Holy shit this update was just another piece of teasing turd. What's the point of bringing in that random girl in the son route? It took 2 months for this? And there's so much unneeded and repetitive dialogue.

Reactions: xxx2
Oct 13, 2017
Holy shit this update was just another piece of teasing turd. What's the point of bringing in that random girl in the son route? It took 2 months for this?
the question is, WHICH random girl are you talking about maddy ( who i find very pretty) or Mara;who've you see for all of 2 minutes if you choose to talk it.

GUcciBoy

Feb 21, 2018
Where i can find a walkthrough to the parte 7-8, because probably for the 9 parte isn't avaible for now

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Hold on. Hold on. I traded the party with Karen for Mom nude scene (+ 1 point to Mom) in my main story arc. If I converse with the suicidal girl, I can befriend her through Karen in Chapter 9? She's the parallel option to Maddy?

HHUUKK

Feb 9, 2018
I need help!

I do not know why but I can not confirm the names when I start. Any solution??

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes