VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

kraskoshka

Aug 13, 2017
I think he's working on it alone. Based on what my limited readings on his patreon page. The ratings for this game really surprises me however, how come people aren't very satisfied with it?
I've only played the son's route. However, here are my grievances with what I've seen:
1. Choices don't matter. I thought I'd be able to choose between a relationship with the mother or sister. Very early in the game, there is some good relationship-building content with the sister. Unfortunately, that comes to a grinding halt after the party. From then on, it's mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother, mother. This is made worse with my next point.

2. The mother is terrible character in regards to both appearance and personality. I know this part is up to personal preference, but I find the mother to be an ugly, unfuckable cow. From skin textures to hair style to body proportions, everything about her is unattractive. And her personality is worse. She's weak, annoying, and clingy-all very unattractive traits. This combined with point #1 makes for a grueling playthrough. With every opportunity, I chose to avoid/deny any relationship with the mother, but there are no other routes, so I ended up just skipping through the whole game trying to get more content with the sister or cousin. And that brings me to my final point.

3. There are no "routes." It may seem a little redundant with #1, but still. This game TEASES the possibility of other relationships, only to force you back into whatever Oedipal corner you peaked your head out of. It's a fucking shame. With the setting it has, there is enormous potential for a brother-sister route, as both children hang on each other through the chaos and uncertainty of having your family split up. The same goes for the cousin--as the son could look for support or stability outside the home. But the dev says "No thanks, more kisses and massages for a depressed and clingy wreck of a mother!"

The first (and last) time I played this game was with the last release, two months ago. As I write this, I acknowledge that I've gotten progressively more heated up about the whole thing as I wrote this response. Yeah, this game pisses me off, but that's only because I expected so much out of the game. I imagine it's worse for those of you who have followed this game longer than two months.

Even despite my shitstorm of complaints here, there are a few things I like about this game.

I like that it's story-focused. There's a narrative, a direction (even though some of the transitions are abrupt). It's not an episodic "let's fuck _____ again!" I also like the amount of content.

However, because of the points I listed and the comments I see about the development pace (and the last two empty months) I don't think I'll ever play again.

yankee77

Apr 12, 2018
well said : people above complaints and insights..
yes no matter what you choose you basically don't get anything
there's no route coz there's nothing at the end.. any choices you make wont get you anything or anywhere.
the dev said 20 chapters ... we are chapter 9 after a few months.. we can probably expect some kind of reward in our chosen path by chapter 20 ..........
patron problems will prolly need to be addressed.
the secret stuff is basically the only thing you can come close something...

Reactions: kraskoshka

kraskoshka

Aug 13, 2017
The mother is easily one of the best looking mother models in entire /weg/, out of bizarre curiosity I wonder what you would consider to be good looking by your standard
I can't say much for mother models because I'm not into mother-son incest, but the mom from Big Brother looks good, which is kind of cheating because she doesn't look older than 30.

As for characters in general, my favorites would probably have to be Melody, the two sisters from Milfy City, and maybe the sister from Timestamps.

SyddSparty

May 13, 2018
Any updates for this game yet?
You should scroll up. I think its just one page ahead where someone posted a big update on the current status of the game.

@kraskoshka Yep, I definitely agree with how there is no impact to decisions, I believe I read somewhere that he does plan to have brother/sister and mum/dad but he isn't focused on it in this chapter/act.

Yep I can certainly understand on most points and there's no denying it, when I played it, I really loved the potential this game has and I had all these thoughts running in my head about the possibilities and so on, with that being said, Yep the Mum is really clingy and the dad is kind of in a similar situation as well, I'm hoping there is some sort of development to their characters as they seem fairly... meh at the moment based on how they behave and interact with people around them.
My only issue with his work is how long he takes to update his chapters, the story progression is slow enough already and from what I've read chapter 10 is only about the prom and the night following it. I really hope the story picks up pace, its painfully slow, thats my only gripe with it for now, Providing ofcourse, he does deliver on more content (i.e. more relationship paths, if you will) that he's promised in the future updates.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Part 7. Daddy's Girl

FAN-ART COMIC RELEASE!

This is my token of absolution for the transgressions I made on this thread to which I hope earn my place back to the Dual Family F95-community. Apologies. :coldsweat:

Anyhow, this is the long awaited Father-and-Daughter series. Gumdrop takes at least 3 months to develop a single chapter and is exponentially growing. If we follow this developing time trend and with the slow-pace of the story, we will receive the long, awaited physical intimate relationship with the desired other in 2-3 years time, given if this game will not be abandoned.

I reckon most of us can't wait that long with our balls blue. So, this first part of the Father-and-Daughter spotlight is supposed to be a two-part series since I've rendered more than 20 images for 1 post and I don't want to omit anything so instead I divided it in-between and re-used some of the scenes.

Don't worry, if you download the renders and view them individually (works best if viewed from Windows Photo Viewer), it will give the illusion of movement. I don't want to render a short animation-clip since it'll take too much of my time and will probably burn another lithium battery, so this is the best I could work with.

Don't forget to read its previous parts before venturing into Part 7.

Happy Wanking!

<<<<<<<<<<<<< NEW

Preview of Part 7.

Act 1. Chapter 10 release is 2 weeks from now, give-or-take mid-June.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
@Vanaduke Why did you use little child model for the Son but not for the Sister ?
I thought you ware for equality ?
You want me to use the Tween model used by ICSTOR games on Daughter instead of using Irelia model it's based at? If you have any fan-art related questions, you can address it at the fan-art thread.

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
but the mom from Big Brother looks good
Are you serious? As for me, she looks like a typical model of erotic lingerie or something like that.
It seems to me that what distinguishes a dual family against the background of others is in narrative and characters.

Reactions: dE_VoYd

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
Are you serious? As for me, she looks like a typical model of erotic lingerie or something like that.
It seems to me that what distinguishes a dual family against the background of others is in narrative and characters.
I think he is into a bit skinny milf(not skeleton type), not like milf milf... I agree with you, even if BB' s character looked like a lingerie model.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes