VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
i'm not a Patreon backer of his, but I thought his $3000/month goal was hilarious, given that he's been regularly pulling $9k+ since the March? update:

"Full-time investment into development is truly a pivotal point for this project. As of now, I've been dividing the month between my work and development, giving me blurry comprehension in when I can exactly complete an installment. If this becomes my work, crystal clarity along with faster delivery will be achievable."

Reactions: Paranoid_android

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
He posted that today in the latest development update. This fucking update could very well seep into late September. This is insanity! There are 8 fast segments left, and you're telling me that they could very well take a week to complete EACH?! Add on top that there are still 2 fast segments that will probably take longer than that, and one of them hasn't even been started on! This guy is out of his mind!
Gumdrop, I do not know what to think about him and his game anymore. His schedule is an absolute joke and an insult to any backer with some brains left. A week for a "Fast segment"? I am, for practical purposes, a newbie at Daz, but even newbies can produce batch renders faster then he tries to make the gullibles among us believe! Not to speak of full developers. There are dozens of developers, with less tools, who make an update of comparable size and quality to gumdrop´s within 1-2 months. And that regularly!
I am glad I never gave money to this lazy and lying milker. As I wrote some posts above: gumdrop is either lazy as hell or more likely in my opinion, since he cannot believe someone is dumb enough to belive his work schedule to be real, a lying weasel who has the stuff already finished, but to keep milking is pulling idiotic, but wordy BS out of his ... to calm the audience. Hopefully the backblow comes soon.

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Gumdrop, I do not know what to think about him and his game anymore. His schedule is an absolute joke and an insult to any backer with some brains left. A week for a "Fast segment"? I am, for practical purposes, a newbie at Daz, but even newbies can produce batch renders faster then he tries to make the gullibles among us believe! Not to speak of full developers. There are dozens of developers, with less tools, who make an update of comparable size and quality to gumdrop´s within 1-2 months. And that regularly!
I am glad I never gave money to this lazy and lying milker. As I wrote some posts above: gumdrop is either lazy as hell or more likely in my opinion, since he cannot believe someone is dumb enough to belive his work schedule to be real, a lying weasel who has the stuff already finished, but to keep milking is pulling idiotic, but wordy BS out of his ... to calm the audience. Hopefully the backblow comes soon.
I'm pretty sure he's younger than the audience his game is advertised for, infact i'm pretty sure he's like 16 or something.

He could be younger than that

Reactions: Moosexl

Byahkee

May 30, 2018
I know I'm a relative newbie here, but I've never understood the hate for Kyle and his development cycle choices. He's said on multiple occasions and multiple platforms that he prefers a slower cycle with larger content releases. Obviously, some people (a lot of people, apparently) prefer much shorter development time with much smaller amounts of content per release.

I think both choices are fine, in fact I play a variety of games from devs with a variety of styles. I don't see the point of getting mad about it, I just make sure I know what I'm getting when I get into a game. For the record, if it matters, I am a supporter of Dual Family, since around the .8 release or so. I'm quite happy with my choice, and I enjoy the content that is released between the major updates. I don't see how it's such a big deal that non-supporters can pile on so much hate. You aren't losing anything, so just chill and play something else for a while.

Don't hate. Appreciate! :cool:

May 7, 2017
I know I'm a relative newbie here, but I've never understood the hate for Kyle and his development cycle choices. He's said on multiple occasions and multiple platforms that he prefers a slower cycle with larger content releases. Obviously, some people (a lot of people, apparently) prefer much shorter development time with much smaller amounts of content per release.

I think both choices are fine, in fact, I play a variety of games from devs with a variety of styles. I don't see the point of getting mad about it, I just make sure I know what I'm getting when I get into a game. For the record, if it matters, I am a supporter of Dual Family, since around the .8 release or so. I'm quite happy with my choice, and I enjoy the content that is released between the major updates. I don't see how it's such a big deal that non-supporters can pile on so much hate. You aren't losing anything, so just chill and play something else for a while.

Just a few questions before the explanation of why the dislike with the current development cycle of Kyle (or hate for it).
How long have you followed Gumdrop? As in, since which update (roughly speaking)? The very beginning or just before the last and first drawn out update (March)?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"I don't see how it's such a big deal that non-supporters can pile on so much hate. You aren't losing anything, so just chill and play something else for a while". Is more a therapeutic thing at this point for some (and may seem pointless), rather than actual hate, besides you are in the discussion thread of the game on a pirate site, so... People will give their opinions or comment regardless if its positive or not, even non-constructive and before someone says that you should just walk out of it since you don't like it, well that is up to each to decide, and some do leave for good and others play other stuff in the meantime and come back whenever there's an alert in the thread, i.e status updates, etc. I can confidently say that some like the game (with its flaws), myself included, and stick around, but just dislike the developmental cycle and take a piss at Kyle and the game.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017

I think both choices are fine, in fact I play a variety of games from devs with a variety of styles. I don't see the point of getting mad about it, I just make sure I know what I'm getting when I get into a game. For the record, if it matters, I am a supporter of Dual Family, since around the .8 release or so. I'm quite happy with my choice, and I enjoy the content that is released between the major updates. I don't see how it's such a big deal that non-supporters can pile on so much hate. You aren't losing anything, so just chill and play something else for a while.

LOL hi Kyle! Oh and Kyle's dev cycle is more like 'slower cycle, small disappointing content releases'

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Just a few questions before the explanation of why the dislike with the current development cycle of Kyle (or hate for it).
How long have you followed Gumdrop? As in, since which update (roughly speaking)? The very beginning or just before the last and first drawn out update (March)? (...) I can confidently say that some like the game (with its flaws), myself included, and stick around, but just dislike the developmental cycle and take a piss at Kyle and the game.
Thanks for writing this post, so I do not have to do it!:):cool:
I too like the game, which is one reason why most of us comment here, but are likewise amused and pissed off by the developer.

SirLoins

Aug 20, 2017
As frustrating as it is waiting for an undate, I'm not a paying customer. I'll wait and try other games, maybe I'll get bored and give up waiting. I've definitely found others that I like more ( love & submission, milf city, time stamp, etc...) But if I was a paying customer I'd be pissed and pull my funding.
I totally agree. I remember when he had deadlines. At first he was pretty consistent with meeting them. Then he started missing them by a few days to a week. But still roughly once a month.

The day I read his post about not posting deadlines any more with the logic being, can't be late if there's no deadline. I thought, uh oh this is going to be a pure shit show.

Low and behold, here we are. The last two updates 3 months apart. This update is what? 4/5 months in? Expected to last 5/6 months? It's baffling he's still pulling that amount of support.

Bababoooey

May 4, 2017
on the official tracker website it says that 8/16 segs have been completed (in 4 months??). Is the update only half way done or what?

Byahkee

May 30, 2018
How long have you followed Gumdrop? As in, since which update (roughly speaking)? The very beginning or just before the last and first drawn out update (March)?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

"I don't see how it's such a big deal that non-supporters can pile on so much hate. You aren't losing anything, so just chill and play something else for a while". Is more a therapeutic thing at this point for some (and may seem pointless), rather than actual hate, besides you are in the discussion thread of the game on a pirate site, so... People will give their opinions or comment regardless if its positive or not, even non-constructive and before someone says that you should just walk out of it since you don't like it, well that is up to each to decide, and some do leave for good and others play other stuff in the meantime and come back whenever there's an alert in the thread, i.e status updates, etc. I can confidently say that some like the game (with its flaws), myself included, and stick around, but just dislike the developmental cycle and take a piss at Kyle and the game.
Thank you for giving me the whole story. I can see why people are upset. I guess if people are super invested in the game, then it's ultimately a positive thing. It means it's a good game and we want to see it finished.

Reactions: Sandinist

Jim Webb

Jun 23, 2017

If Kyle, want's to do an slower development time you know what he can do? he can change that little setting on his Patreon account that charges people for an monthly release to an update release charge instead, than he would have some credibility as it is he is making or has made over 70.000 Dollars this year alone for credibility one release. There are professional game studios who would not make the kind of money he has from an finished product.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I feel more bad for the patrons rather than calling them stupid. This game is good. Good renders, good writing and that mom is one of the hottest milf's ive ever seen in an h-game. Kyle knows that and uses it as an opportunity to milk the fuck out of his patrons who are blinded by their love for the game and think that if they cancel their pledge the game will not get updates anymore. Wich is the far opposite of what would happen. Kyle needs a slap on his wrist to realize if you dont provide enough updates people lose interest.

So uhh... I agree.

Mar 22, 2018
Yep10... Get out of this boat. With all respect... Have respect for the time that you Will Lost with this game, with the ADMs payed from Kyle (Gumdrop) on discord and do this: For everyone... Dont pledge dont see and most important Dont Share and recommend this game for anyone. I was made by fool, Kyle put me has the tóxic of the group. Because... I was telling the truth. Anyone who go to the discord and ask about the time that is passing this game is Very well cut of the conversation. Knee (pay) or get out. I dunno why anyone accuse this developer by cybernetic blow. Im the idiot that began the fight on discourd after the release of part IX. ... ... Well i dont began i only... Tell then the truth. This game is Dead? Why everybody should pay for something that is Cleary now a blow?

Mar 22, 2018
I use the FapperBoy words:
"He posted that today in the latest development update. This fucking update could very well seep into late September. This is insanity! There are 8 fast segments left, and you're telling me that they could very well take a week to complete EACH?! Add on top that there are still 2 fast segments that will probably take longer than that, and one of them hasn't even been started on! This guy is out of his mind!"

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes