VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
So, Gumdrop just posted this on Patreon. It seems he is hell-bent in adding more worthless content to his game, so he's finally building a team. Two teams to be exact. One that will consist of himself, and other members. Another that will focus solely on creating content for the premium version of his game (CE).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

batjoker

Jan 14, 2018
So, Gumdrop just posted this on Patreon. It seems he is hell-bent in adding more worthless content to his game, so he's finally building a team. Two teams to be exact. One that will consist of himself, and other members. Another that will focus solely on creating content for the premium version of his game (CE).

I love how he still has this part still in his description:
"I want to reiterate that this game will remain free to everyone during and after development. If you DO choose to support, you will receive the latest update of the game before anyone else. Non-patrons gain access to the same content an additional month after patrons, but it will be free to those whom wish to wait.
Whether or not you choose to support, I truly hope you communicate to me with your feedback and constructive criticism of the game. Your collective involvement in the creative and development process will be absolutely integral for its success. After all, the game is for YOU!"

It really is all about the money now...

U

User_166761

He is just taking the piss now. Just like when he "upgraded" his hardware but then kept using it as an excuse. He will, almost surely, use all this additional crap as an excuse in the future. Additionally, it provides a great distraction while the game is delayed even more. I expect months and months of patreon "updates" solely focused on these gimmicks. And of course, bugs, yet another new excuse.

Why didn't he hire a web developer instead? that would have saved him a lot of time. Instead he hires people for gimmicks that I doubt anyone cares about. How can people not see through his bullshit now?

It reminds me of microtransactions in the sense that side gimmicks are used to benefit the developer at the expense of the players. Now he is pretty much admitting that the game's development will slow down to a crawl for years, to leech off his supporters for as long he can. Can't blame him, but his fanboys should be honest at this point.

From the "remaster" to the constant addition of incoherent subplots that add nothing to the story (like most of the beach scenes, dreams and poor drama before the last update) to his hardware "upgrade" to monthly renders to his dilated web site launch (while making 10k a month) to straight up minigames. By next year this will be a phone game.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
He is just taking the piss now. Just like when he "upgraded" his hardware but then kept using it as an excuse. He will, almost surely, use all this additional crap as an excuse in the future. Additionally, it provides a great distraction while the game is delayed even more. I expect months and months of "updates" solely focused on these gimmicks. And of course, bugs.

Why didn't he hire a web developer instead? that would have saved him a lot of time. Instead he hires people for gimmicks that I doubt anyone cares about. How can people not see through his bullshit now?

It reminds me of microtransactions in the sense that side gimmicks are used to benefit the developer at the expense of the players. Now he is pretty much admitting that the game's development will slow down to a crawl for years, to leech off his supporters for as long he can. Can't blame him, but his fanboys should be honest at this point.

From the "remaster" to the constant addition of incoherent subplots that add nothing to the story (like most of the beach scenes, dreams and poor drama before the last update) to his hardware "upgrade" to monthly renders to his dilated web site launch (while making 10k a month) to straight up minigames. By next year this will be a phone game.
i have no idea why people support him when they can be supporting other people that makes updates monthly and make far less money they he does and terms of content in their games its alot more then whats in dual family

Reactions: M4t7theNinja

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
i have no idea why people support him when they can be supporting other people that makes updates monthly and make far less money they he does and terms of content in their games its alot more then whats in dual family
Absolutely! That is why I, tongue-in-Cheek, asked some pages ago, if gumdrop would tell us how he picked up his dairy cows, eh, patrons. Which would be great, since getting some people giving you money for nothing at all, I want some of those for my own!:happyblush:eek:penedeyewink::eek:penedeyewink:
Humour aside, I admire people who stick together and I believe in honour and loyalty, but gumdrop? A lazy, proven liar of a developer? This is the kind of person you should only give money for the direct exchange of the stuff in question. Not on some kind of goodwill, because as can be seen for months he will use and suck out those who do. He does not even try to obfuscate his intent anymore.

King Monkey Mon

The Perverted King of The Harem Masters
May 16, 2017
Absolutely! That is why I, tongue-in-Cheek, asked some pages ago, if gumdrop would tell us how he picked up his dairy cows, eh, patrons. Which would be great, since getting some people giving you money for nothing at all, I want some of those for my own!:happyblush:eek:penedeyewink::eek:penedeyewink:
Humour aside, I admire people who stick together and I believe in honour and loyalty, but gumdrop? A lazy, proven liar of a developer? This is the kind of person you should only give money for the direct exchange of the stuff in question. Not on some kind of goodwill, because as can be seen for months he will use and suck out those who do. He does not even try to obfuscate his intent anymore.
yeah if he actually cared about his game and not the dollar dollar he could switch his pateron to be release only then he would have a bit of creditably but i really hate it when people say that if you throw your money away to someone (donating money to a game) then you have more of opinion then someone who gets the game through a pirate site

Reactions: Turret

EvilMonkey

Aug 20, 2017

Wow, I just stopped in to see if this game had an update, although I actually don't care too much about the story anymore. Another dev just milking his patrons? His post quoted above is all just spiel/bullshit/stalling. He just throws a bunch of ideas up that have no actual work behind them to cover for his lack of updates. Who cares who he employs if he gets the work done, he could engineer a breed of super chicken to do the work and it wouldn't change peoples view on the outcome (Okay, that was a bad example and I think people might actually be impressed). The "gimmicks"/mechanics he's offering up as potential ideas I can see as a further excuse for limited releases, as they will add complexity to the production and that's an easy out for any slack.

It just seems to be the same old crap with these devs, they discover they can make a living from stringing people along and can see a finish line so they think they have to extend that as best as they can to keep the income coming in. I actually worry for a lot of the people that are so liberal with their money, where else in their life are they getting screwed over?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
i really hate it when people say that if you throw your money away to someone (donating money to a game) then you have more of opinion then someone who gets the game through a pirate site
I, personally, are not really into pirating. The stuff I like, I´ll buy after testing it, as a gift of appreciation for the work gone into it. for instance, I bought several dozen real books in the last months I possess as e-books as well. The feel of a real book with a good story or info in it, any day, even if could have it for free as pirated e-books.
I draw the line at seriously and obvious overpriced stuff and milkers like gumdrop, to close the circle.

That said, I too dislike the entitlement felt by some patrons, especially if they do not see that they are just "Moo" for subjects like gumdrop. There is a big difference between pirates cheerleading/bashing their liberated treasures and those pirates with real points/observations/hints/help to make (which is AFAICS most of this forum). It is telling that a lot of independent developers frequent this forum for discussion knowing that here live "Patrons & Pirates"(I really have to trademark this phrase:happyblush:winkytongue:). And it is equally telling that developers like gumdrop do not frequent this forum (any more), because their BS will be called out.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
the thing is if didnt live under my fathers roof and had my own credit card i probably be supporting a few of my favorite creators unfortunately im disabled
Truly sorry about that! Years ago I was deathly ill, but did make it (and here in Europe you don´t go bankrupt with health insurance), so I know exactly what you feel. Money is a big factor and there are many things and developers I cannot support, but I try to do it with the stuff I really like, even if it takes some time to save the money.

Reactions: King Monkey Mon
Aug 8, 2017
what are the chances we will see CE Club Pinup Pack(s) IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and the Part X preview pics posted here ??
(FapperBoy was gracious enough to include us for the first 3 sets)
any chance use lurkers will have the opportunity to see more?
388815.jpg

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
Yep10... Get out of this boat. With all respect... Have respect for the time that you Will Lost with this game, with the ADMs payed from Kyle (Gumdrop) on discord and do this: For everyone... Dont pledge dont see and most important Dont Share and recommend this game for anyone. I was made by fool, Kyle put me has the tóxic of the group. Because... I was telling the truth. Anyone who go to the discord and ask about the time that is passing this game is Very well cut of the conversation. Knee (pay) or get out. I dunno why anyone accuse this developer by cybernetic blow. Im the idiot that began the fight on discourd after the release of part IX. ... ... Well i dont began i only... Tell then the truth. This game is Dead? Why everybody should pay for something that is Cleary now a blow?
If He wants to play it let the guy play it, Its a good game even if its not complete and the updates take forever

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
I love how he still has this part still in his description:
"I want to reiterate that this game will remain free to everyone during and after development. If you DO choose to support, you will receive the latest update of the game before anyone else. Non-patrons gain access to the same content an additional month after patrons, but it will be free to those whom wish to wait.
Whether or not you choose to support, I truly hope you communicate to me with your feedback and constructive criticism of the game. Your collective involvement in the creative and development process will be absolutely integral for its success. After all, the game is for YOU!"

It really is all about the money now...
It was always about the money

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
yeah if he actually cared about his game and not the dollar dollar he could switch his pateron to be release only then he would have a bit of creditably but i really hate it when people say that if you throw your money away to someone (donating money to a game) then you have more of opinion then someone who gets the game through a pirate site

The thing is he doesnt have to care about his game, He's making stacks every month and his patrons are blind to it and the worst thing is If he does eventually abandon it which He probably will then he won't have to worry cause there is nothing anyone can do about it

M4t7theNinja

Sep 20, 2017
"Technically abandoned"..? "Factually abandoned"..? "Milking mode"..? Semantics. We all know what status it is in.
Oh I know, Back in the early days on the development of it I had faith which most of that past comment is from, but tbh the truth is he's riding the money train as far as he can before patreon actually questions if its abandoed or not and at that point that is when you'll see another update

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
Oh I know, Back in the early days on the development of it I had faith which most of that past comment is from, but tbh the truth is he's riding the money train as far as he can before patreon actually questions if its abandoed or not and at that point that is when you'll see another update
As far as I remember - and it was already quite a while ago - it's been always mysteriously delayed; first by a day or two to collect next month pledges, then by whole skipped months and now this farse.. I used to be a patron, but for f..k's sake, there has to be some limit to this. As someone noticed here, even if he stops writing those stupid posts, he'll probably continue to get pretty fat checks before even anyone reports it to Patreon.. And THIS is actually the only fascinating thing about this 'creation' and the only reason I'm checking this thread: how far can he push..?

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes