VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

nickkk

Nov 16, 2017
18+ months and the game is nearing the end of part 1. At this rate it will be 3+ years until the game is finished, if it ever is. If the game doesn't get completely abandoned in that time frame then he will probably just put out some half-assed ending to save some credibility. Thank god I never wasted money on this and kudos to gumdrop, dudes gonna end up milking people for hundreds of thousands of dollars, I can understand why it's been 6 months since the last release.

Mrs Delington

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys, for your own health, for those who just always complaining about this game, the dev, or whatever else in their life...take a look at that....for your own health, stop complaining. And please, stop complaining too for those who just want to have a nice, interesting and friendly thread too.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
@GumDrops Dual Family is one of the best games that I've played. The quality of story, development of character and the renders are all high. If the developer chooses to end it at this point, then that's fine with me.

I do imagine that it requires a great deal of thought, preparation and work. It hasn't acquired status by being shoddy. If so, then people really would have something to complain about.

I appreciate the strength of it as it stands. Good Luck to the Developer.

Radoslaw Wolf

May 23, 2017
Hey guys, for your own health, for those who just always complaining about this game, the dev, or whatever else in their life...take a look at that....for your own health, stop complaining. And please, stop complaining too for those who just want to have a nice, interesting and friendly thread too.

Science, bitch. This explains a lot about some folks I know..

U

User_166761

I do imagine that it requires a great deal of thought, preparation and work. It hasn't acquired status by being shoddy. If so, then people really would have something to complain about.
Yeah, no. He is almost surely lying about his hardware and about hiring new people (ask yourself, why didn't he hire a webdev?). Think about his past tactics: a "remaster" that took months, missing his own deadlines pretty much every month, poorly rendered monthly pictures, terrible pacing of the story and overreliance on cheap plot devices like dreams (the last update at least improved in that regard but it's not enough), his announcement that he wants to add "minigames" (and will hire several people for that too apparently). All work in the same direction: slow the game down and give him excuses to become slower. Pretending he is not being shoddy at all is unreasonable. That you have swallowed his advertisement does not show he is not being shoddy, it just shows that you are susceptible to manipulation, probably because you think the rendering he does takes a lot of time which is a lie considering the hardware he claims to have.

Also lmao at "great deal of thought" when the current story is barely more than teenage melodrama without almost no substance or underlying rationale to back it up. That's why "fans" of this game end up doing more work than Gumdrop himself in filling the blatant plot holes. If you are spending so much time theorizing about such a simple story like this one then chances are it's poorly told and not as deep as you think it is. Even fanfic stories frequently have more depth than this incoherent, numbness inducting mess that barely moves anywhere. And to claim his renders are great is also debatable, as the scenes are barely populated (hence why he needs so many zoomed in renders).

What annoys me the most about the people wanting to silence criticism in this thread is that there are multiple game threads where people regularly criticize the dev and the game, yet nobody seems to care. Why the special treatment here? ask Dark Silver how he was treated (even though he always met deadlines), see the Monster Girl Island thread, or of any game with awkward english to see what spammy criticism looks like. See what happened with Teacher's Pets when criticism was silenced, they circlejerked themselves out of existence.

Criticism, when well articulated, is good for consumers (especially for those who are on the fence about pledging) and for non-egocentric devs. How could anyone debate this? wanting to make every single part of your online presence a circlejerk is quite honestly creepy. You have Discord for that. Let public forums be diverse.

RGShark

Aug 31, 2018
How long will it be on-hold? Sucks, cuz there is the good story line yet the update has much of a longer story than the game.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
How long will it be on-hold? Sucks, cuz there is the good story line yet the update has much of a longer story than the game.
This is nothing yet (on hold just a month or so) !!! Check the OP, when was his last UPDATE !!!!!

RGShark

Aug 31, 2018
This is nothing yet (on hold just a month or so) !!! Check the OP, when was his last UPDATE !!!!!
But ye. He/she keeps us updated with those spoilers or plans of his/her. But u cant play the messages/with those spoilers right? He is very active on updating the texts not the game itself. Not hating but half a month is long enough. Hoping that it's worth the wait though.

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
what is the difference between abandoned tag and onhold tag?
The name should tell you that !!! If you don`t know, what "abandoned" means, Google it. On Hold means that the game have NOT been abandoned, it`s just on HOLD !!!!! OMG

maybes4

Dec 5, 2017
The name should tell you that !!! If you don`t know, what "abandoned" means, Google it. On Hold means that the game have NOT been abandoned, it`s just on HOLD !!!!! OMG
Yeah i know english.But there is a problem that onhold games do not get any progressed like abandoned games so it makes me confused

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
You guys have been fooled by the poll. It's just another one of his gags to keep his patreon page alive and preventing demerits for his long overdue chapter. The core pathways has already been established a long time ago. That's why the Son gets to choose either to forgive or shun his dad, why the Father gets to choose between Karen or his Daughter in his lewd dreams and why the Father gets to attempt to mend the marriage or accept his Wife's decision to leave the house.

Again. The Poll is just another one of his gags to keep his patreon page alive and preventing demerits for his long overdue chapter. The core pathways has already been established a long time ago.

It contains sex scene with sis or mother?
Nope. No intimate, physical action between Mother and Son, Father and Daughter. If you want to see the Son pound his Mother or the Daughter blowing her Father, check and click my signature.

Reactions: Moisan4

lionking25

Oct 11, 2017
LOL Dat onhold tag. Great game but insanely slow speed of update. Hope we can see the next update within this year

Nerttu

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah i know english.But there is a problem that onhold games do not get any progressed like abandoned games so it makes me confused
Now you get me confussed !!! What "abandoned" games do you mean saying "they get progressed" ??? Not to my knowledgement, or am I missing something ???

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes