VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Bricks

Nov 4, 2017

Get in Here!

Well, well. It wouldn't be a Gumdrop Games release without red inked corrections scribbled hell and back, huh? 34 hours 'til showtime and I'm sweating a little.
The pictures are ready -- they're done, they're beautiful (though some more beautiful than others for those with a favorite lady in mind). All that's left is the binding agent, the words. This is super lame to drop, especially after last post's sincerity, but it's more appropriate now than it would be the hour before the big time.
By now, I think it's apparent that dates down to the hour, or just dates regardless aren't my strongest suite. Instead of tossing a dart at another pinpoint, I ask that you casually perk your ears in my general direction between now and New Year. I'm very excited to share what gifts I have for you, it's just that excitement gets me in trouble in instances like these.
Alright, back to finger smashing for me. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and will continue through what's left of holiday. Let me cobble together some lady banter, some story and then we'll all sit down for some present opening. :]

unnamed.png

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017

Get in Here!

Well, well. It wouldn't be a Gumdrop Games release without red inked corrections scribbled hell and back, huh? 34 hours 'til showtime and I'm sweating a little.
The pictures are ready -- they're done, they're beautiful (though some more beautiful than others for those with a favorite lady in mind). All that's left is the binding agent, the words. This is super lame to drop, especially after last post's sincerity, but it's more appropriate now than it would be the hour before the big time.
By now, I think it's apparent that dates down to the hour, or just dates regardless aren't my strongest suite. Instead of tossing a dart at another pinpoint, I ask that you casually perk your ears in my general direction between now and New Year. I'm very excited to share what gifts I have for you, it's just that excitement gets me in trouble in instances like these.
Alright, back to finger smashing for me. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas and will continue through what's left of holiday. Let me cobble together some lady banter, some story and then we'll all sit down for some present opening. :]

View attachment 207160
Thanks brother. You're the real MVP of this thread. Thank you for posting this stuff despite all the negativity that flows through here. Happy holidays to you.

Dec 8, 2018
Why did the dev stop updating the game (besides trying to milk his supporters)? I felt like there was a lot of potential with this title.
He needed more reason than that?

This game shouldn't have turned out to be such a disappointment. Kyle got greedy when looking at the short term goals and failed to see how much more he could be making if he just regularly pumped out content.

I'd like to say I'd play this again if an actual Brother/Sister route occurs (It was basically the only relationship that wasn't totally toxic).

Kyle strikes me as the kind of guy that read loads of Shakespeare in high school, didn't get laid and got an A on a short story he wrote once.

Dual Family got me into the Adult VN thing, but it definitely didn't keep me here.

Dec 24, 2018
Why did the dev stop updating the game (besides trying to milk his supporters)? I felt like there was a lot of potential with this title.
Because he could have been finished with the game by now, or he could delay releases and take forever to develop the game and finish it years from now and make hundreds of thousands of more dollars. Which would you choose?

Hard to blame gumdrop for doing what he does when he has a horde of delusional sheep giving him thousands of dollars a month for nothing, it'd be against his best interests to develop the game quicker.

Pestilence

Jul 8, 2017
Seeing some of his previews on patron, looks like the wait was all so he could incorporate subsurface scattering, higher sampling and Ray traced shadows because they're about the only difference I can spot from previous iterations. While these effects do add to render time, there should be no reason with the money hes made/making he couldn't set up his own render farm or service one. Scumbags definitely milking the f out of it and I cant wait till January when it doesn't meet expectations and his patrons drop him (wishful thinking), myself included who only contributes the minimum strictly for research purposes.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I won't be picking this up again until it's finished and there's a walk through so I can see for myself that the choice/points system in the game is not just an illusion, that there is actually a way to change or add a romantic/sexual partner off the Linear Storyline the Dev is writing.

If there's not, then I don't really see the point of that system they put in of gaining points from multiple characters.

Reactions: That_Guy_Lurking

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
Sometimes, I feel this guy donates to himself. Is this possible? Just for fake propaganda. Just a random thought crossed my mind.
Dude, I thought the exact same thing! Then I realized he has 800+ patrons.
Would he create something like 500 patrons just to artificially boost the reputation of his game? Also, Patreon takes a percentage of his income ... So really, I'm not sure, maybe.

Reactions: dE_VoYd
Mar 22, 2018

Get in Here!

View attachment 207160
Is MC? Looks like more a member of the Vice Kings Gang on Saints Row ....

Mar 22, 2018
Gumdrop could make expansions for this game now. But no... a lot of hard work for nothing...Hey somebody with experience could tell us about why Kyle is taking this hell of time seriously. I dont know... i think is too much work... And good work for this happen.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
Gumdrop could make expansions for this game now. But no... a lot of hard work for nothing...Hey somebody with experience could tell us about why Kyle is taking this hell of time seriously. I dont know... i think is too much work... And good work for this happen.
Because he's re-rendering everything from the beginning to end. Discord Knights, Abby and Co. has convinced him to add custom races to the character models; therefore, there will be an option to have an Asian Mother and a Black Daughter. There are also slight improvements in the animations as well given the sex scenes available are horribly animated: 1-3 scenes/sec.

You wonder why he has 10k/month? There are a handful of CE Patrons giving him advanced pledges and Kyle is handing out exclusive teasers and previews via email unavailable from his Patreon Page. You cant help but appreciate his cunning methods. Utter Machiavellian in the 3d adult gaming industry. Shrewdness and gullibility works in tandem.

U

User_166761

Because he's re-rendering everything from the beginning to end. Discord Knights, Abby and Co. has convinced him to add custom races to the character models; therefore, there will be an option to have an Asian Mother and a Black Daughter. There are also slight improvements in the animations as well given the sex scenes available are horribly animated: 1-3 scenes/sec.

You wonder why he has 10k/month? There are a handful of CE Patrons giving him advanced pledges and Kyle is handing out exclusive teasers and previews via email unavailable from his Patreon Page. You cant help but appreciate his cunning methods. Utter Machiavellian in the 3d adult gaming industry. Shrewdness and gullibility works in tandem.
lmao. Did people just forget about the "remaster" debacle already? will he pull the same trick every year? do his patrons have any memory at all? it couldn't be more blatant how hard he is taking advantage of them and their naive belief in the kind of work needed to produce a game like this. It's hard to explain unless many are new patrons who are completely unaware of his tactics.

I predict that 2019 will be all about milking with those "minigames" and the increasing purposeless complexity he is adding to have new excuses in the future.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes