VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
lmao. Did people just forget about the "remaster" debacle already? will he pull the same trick every year? do his patrons have any memory at all? it couldn't be more blatant how hard he is taking advantage of them and their naive belief in the kind of work needed to produce a game like this. It's hard to explain unless many are new patrons who are completely unaware of his tactics.

I predict that 2019 will be all about milking with those "minigames" and the increasing purposeless complexity he is adding to have new excuses in the future.
The first remaster was justifiable. It was basically a background scene layered with a separate character model scene which was horrible to look at. Merging the environment with character models into one scene is proven better. This time however, the custom races is a huge undertaking since it was Abby and Co. his valued CE pledgers' request; it's a complete overhaul with his occasional shenanigans of lightning, shading and color correction. He even re-rendered an entire Karen Sequence back in Chapter 9 because it was too bright.

What up with the long overdue? His CE patrons orders him so. It's a classic business scheme: cater to the taste of your highest bidders. He could care less of RE patrons down to a dollar pledgers. I've longed hope for the non-CE patrons to withdraw their support since Abby and Co. has secured funds for this game. Their withdrawl would NOT financially cripple Gumdrop Games and it would be better for them to invest it on other games worthy of support. This game has been bought and paid for a long time ago.

Why do you think I'm making my own fan-art of this game? Because Kyle can easily abandon everything without intimate scenes with the protagonists and their desired other and ran away with all the wad of cash he exhumed from the gullible discord fedora tippers.

LazyName

Aug 17, 2017
The first remaster was justifiable. It was basically a background scene layered with a separate character model scene which was horrible to look at. Merging the environment with character models into one scene is proven better. This time however, the custom races is a huge undertaking since it was Abby and Co. his valued CE pledgers' request; it's a complete overhaul with his occasional shenanigans of lightning, shading and color correction. He even re-rendered an entire Karen Sequence back in Chapter 9 because it was too bright.

What up with the long overdue? His CE patrons orders him so. It's a classic business scheme: cater to the taste of your highest bidders. He could care less of RE patrons down to a dollar pledgers. I've longed hope for the non-CE patrons to withdraw their support since Abby and Co. has secured funds for this game. Their withdrawl would NOT financially cripple Gumdrop Games and it would be better for them to invest it on other games worthy of support. This game has been bought and paid for a long time ago.

Why do you think I'm making my own fan-art of this game? Because Kyle can easily abandon everything without intimate scenes with the protagonists and their desired other and ran away with all the wad of cash he exhumed from the gullible discord fedora tippers.
Do you know if he ever plans on adding the part where you go to the mall with the mother before you leave on the plane; right now its just an awkward cut where he clearly planned on having something.

bjd29803

Apr 27, 2017
Asian mother? Black daughter? Rerendering the entire game?
Hahahahahaha this game is dead bros, see you all next Christmas
It really seems like someone realized he would do whatever for money, so the idea of an Asian mom and black daughter wouldn't phase him. If its true, they proved the point....

Reactions: fredoo04

SqueeZed

May 27, 2018
I am really looking forward to the new release. Been awhile since I've touched the game but its definitely my favorite out of the whole M&S games out there, something different because of the slow developing taboo and attention to detail POV's. I would like to see more games like this - 'The Visit' is kinda similar in that respect. So come forth yall with yie suggestions :sneaky:

My thoughts on the re-rendering, i could understand some way back when and it was Kyle's personal choice which i felt we have to respect but in its current state, its perfect and delaying the games initial release to keep going back as far as i can tell seems to be hurting its release. Should Kyle ever see this - crack on fella and don't worry about any of the current content we already have. You have done a great job, focus on the new story prolonging material.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
I am really looking forward to the new release. Been awhile since I've touched the game but its definitely my favorite out of the whole M&S games out there, something different because of the slow developing taboo and attention to detail POV's. I would like to see more games like this - 'The Visit' is kinda similar in that respect. So come forth yall with yie suggestions :sneaky:

My thoughts on the re-rendering, i could understand some way back when and it was Kyle's personal choice which i felt we have to respect but in its current state, its perfect and delaying the games initial release to keep going back as far as i can tell seems to be hurting its release. Should Kyle ever see this - crack on fella and don't worry about any of the current content we already have. You have done a great job, focus on the new story prolonging material.
Hi Kyle, how do you do.

Joel Naidu

Apr 26, 2018
I am not sure about this but this site showing that version 0.99 CE is already out and available for download.

over the edge

Sep 3, 2018
very little of anything in any updates. Mom is not hot as other games ,but most are`nt in real life. looks Indian ,Hair is weird. Aunt and Cuz look good,as well as sis.

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
very little of anything in any updates. Mom is not hot as other games ,but most are`nt in real life. looks Indian ,Hair is weird. Aunt and Cuz look good,as well as sis.
Mom looks Indian? Indian? Mate, run to the nearest ophthalmologist and ask for a pair of glasses equipped with Sky-Watcher ProED 100mm Doublet APO Refractor (with tubes).

I'm pretty sure you have something in your eyes.

Joe8

Dec 28, 2017
Yes, mom kind of looks like indian, especially bcoz of the hair and skin. And I think this makes her different from others, personally I 'm a great fan of her, wll love to see what the update brings for us.

Let see this update really wll be a "gift" as per the Dev announced or just a hullabaloo

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes