VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

TheEdge

Jun 5, 2017
It seems like finally his moron Patrons are waking up to his scam his monthly has dropped to 8.2K
It has been nine months sponsoring with a value of over $ 8k monthly with no updates, which is basically paying someone who does not work. Well, that's what happens when you leave credit cards in the hands of kids...

Reactions: User_166761

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
After gumdrop´s stunt with this "Christmas special" including the blowing of an incredible lax deadline once again (Yep, he will miss the already rage-inducing late 25.1.) I am rather convinced there is something going on behind the stage we do not see.
Months ago on the thread I already hypothesied about something like this, but then it was half earnest, half in jest. But now I think my gut feeling is vindicated.
Another user some pages ago(sorry don´t know his/her name off the cuff) speculated that gumdrop might be laundering money or so, maybe he is onto something. Because when we ask ourselves how many patreon/kickstarter/etc projects do we know where the Dev gets money thrown his way despite filling nearly a year with nothing but unbelievable, pathetic excuses and still get´s more money than many hardworking devs elsewhere? I know no other project where this happens.
Gumdrop´s success is so totally against the trend that speculations about something in the backroom are justified. I mean it is not only his unbelievable slow workspeed and missed deadlines, he was caught outright lying several times and still get´s tons of money. Anywhere else in the free economy he would have been toast with a ton of court dates pending and here he still is standing when we see that most patreons elsewhere are only a bit more forgiving than normal?

freca

Jun 15, 2017
I haven't played this game in months (probably version 0.5 or 6). Has son banged the mom yet? Dad smashed the daughter? Or are we still on the ultra-slow burn, scam city Patreon train?

CLDꝜ

̷ ̷ ̶ ̴ ̴ ̴ ̷ ̸ ̸ ̷ ̵ ̸ ̸ ̴ ̵ ̷ ̵ ̴ ̶ ̴ ̶ ̵ ̶ ̴ ̵
Staff member
Community Liaison
Jul 7, 2017
I haven't played this game in months (probably version 0.5 or 6). Has son banged the mom yet? Dad smashed the daughter? Or are we still on the ultra-slow burn, scam city Patreon train?
Game hasn't been updated since March 30 2018, so you probably played the same version that's out right now. Try again in a year or so ^^

Definitely not worth playing again if you have played the game the last ~1.5 years.

Reactions: J0K3RXXX

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
People are focusing on Patreon pledge count, but he also have a payment system in his website. So his milking business is probably much bigger than what people estimating through patreon numbers. I bet Nestle already contacted him... :sneaky:

Reactions: yandex
Dec 8, 2018
People are focusing on Patreon pledge count, but he also have a payment system in his website. So his milking business is probably much bigger than what people estimating through patreon numbers. I bet Nestle already contacted him... :sneaky:
This is likely accurate. It's probably not likely that his income is dropping, they're just migrating to his website.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Well I managed it, I have no idea how but I did.

I managed to get an entire play through of the Son without gaining a single point with the mother. Who knows, maybe the Dev really will let you steer this one off the rails he's placed it on and let you go on a different path (sister/cousin/dance girl)

Reactions: yandex

TheEdge

Jun 5, 2017
Another user some pages ago(sorry don´t know his/her name off the cuff) speculated that gumdrop might be laundering money or so, maybe he is onto something. Because when we ask ourselves how many patreon/kickstarter/etc projects do we know where the Dev gets money thrown his way despite filling nearly a year with nothing but unbelievable, pathetic excuses and still get´s more money than many hardworking devs elsewhere? I know no other project where this happens.
Gumdrop´s success is so totally against the trend that speculations about something in the backroom are justified. I mean it is not only his unbelievable slow workspeed and missed deadlines, he was caught outright lying several times and still get´s tons of money. Anywhere else in the free economy he would have been toast with a ton of court dates pending and here he still is standing when we see that most patreons elsewhere are only a bit more forgiving than normal?
The money laundering theory makes perfect sense, especially if we take into account the significant increase in the number of Patreons during these nine months of project hiatus. There are several games better than Dual Family, and even though they were abandoned by their developers due to lack of sponsors. Anyway, it does not make any sense these numbers from Gumdrop Games at Patreon...

Reactions: LokiTime and Turret

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Someone in his public discord asked him about a new release date for Part X, and this was his response.

Its Dead Jim.PNG

So, there you go folks. Part X isn't coming anytime soon. We have officially been staring at a progress bar for almost a year now.

Mar 22, 2018
The money laundering theory makes perfect sense, especially if we take into account the significant increase in the number of Patreons during these nine months of project hiatus. There are several games better than Dual Family, and even though they were abandoned by their developers due to lack of sponsors. Anyway, it does not make any sense these numbers from Gumdrop Games at Patreon...

Is intersting dont you think? What this Kyle doing? Cuz cleary he have a lot of important investiment.

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017

It's not, GDG has just been working SO diligently for over half a year. And this was something he whipped up in 3 weeks.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes