VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I can imagine that maybe he updates sometime next week or at the end of February, depending how much anger his flock of sheep finally vent.
If he updates next week, he might - might - regain a little bit of goodwill among his remaining fans. If he really pushes it to end of February he can cash in another month of money, but I would not bet if then his house of cards caves in. With his breaking the already massive expanded deadline of 25.1.19 he alienated many of his hardline fans as well. If he wants to save what he can, he must update soon, since he burned through any goodwill he had left with most of the gallery.
Failing a deadline he himself called massive and very conservative was not a good move. I think he overestimated how far he can push it until even the diehards begin to grumble.

stormyse

Jul 4, 2018
I can imagine that maybe he updates sometime next week or at the end of February, depending how much anger his flock of sheep finally vent.
If he updates next week, he might - might - regain a little bit of goodwill among his remaining fans. If he really pushes it to end of February he can cash in another month of money, but I would not bet if then his house of cards caves in. With his breaking the already massive expanded deadline of 25.1.19 he alienated many of his hardline fans as well. If he wants to save what he can, he must update soon, since he burned through any goodwill he had left with most of the gallery.
Failing a deadline he himself called massive and very conservative was not a good move. I think he overestimated how far he can push it until even the diehards begin to grumble.

His patreon count is stable tho.... i can´t beleave how someone would still support him....

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
His patreon count is stable tho.... i can´t beleave how someone would still support him....
Yes, that is nearly unbelievable how stable his earning are, compared with how much better developers struggle. Some users here already speculated if there is something going on in the backroom we cannot see, since there is no halfway logical reason gumdrop has such loyal followers.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
yeah but now i think we all expect a 1gb update (minimum) after more than a damn year of waiting...

Megnold

Aug 14, 2018
One question, update releasing after nothing sex scene or interesting story and same speeches again only in the game what your situation :unsure::ROFLMAO: so no tension and angry with Dev, don't waste your energy:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 7, 2017
He just posted something on his website anyone knows what it says?
He posted: " " on Patreon, could someone post it here, please?
Whenever you see a "Poll post" from Gumdrop, it automatically means that it is of no relevance/concern since they are just simple surveys that range from asking his Patrons about the development of future Pin-ups/CE Content or their preferences/taste. Regarding the last type of poll, the "preference poll" is just made for fun and holds no influence over the story since GumDrop has stated that he wouldn't take cues from Patrons through polls about the story (i.e how to write the story).

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hey.. how about I put this argument to rest???

Here's my suggestion -
If January 25, 2019 passes without an update from gumdrop, I will mark this game as abandoned on January 26, 2019.
And the only way to reverse any "on-hold" and "abandoned" status is by gumdrop delivering an update to this game. And I don't mean 20 images and a few screens, I mean an update that must be well over 200 quality images and 1000 words larger than 0.98 CE.

This way, we can stop the milking arguments
@F95 put an Abandoned tag on it and stop this damn milking scam. Keeping this on active or hold just destroys F95's (forum) reputation and their own rules!

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
@F95 put an Abandoned tag on it and stop this damn milking scam. Keeping this on active or hold just destroys F95 (forum) reputation and their own rules!
This not being put on ABANDONED after what the mod said is not any different with what gumdrop is doin', deceiving is the term so if you said something then do it, keep your word...

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
This not being put on ABANDONED after what the mod said is not any different with what gumdrop is doin', deceiving is the term so if you said something then do it, keep your word...
People can call it whatever they want - at least it is a (update-) scam for me.

But Mod should be consequent in his actions about what he said and what he does. I guess they are still discussing this in private ... :unsure:

Deleted member 1044747

Formerly 'decent'
Donor
Nov 27, 2018
Looking back at the history of Dual Family the course of events somehow seems consequential.
The game was launched prior to the change in Patreon policy regarding incest and it didn't contain any content violating these new rules yet, but to my knowledge it had originally been planned for future releases (act 3?).

With that in mind Gumdrop had 3 realistic options regarding further development of the game:

1. Change the family relations (roommates, step-family).
> This would have severely impacted the established story and most likely annoyed his patrons.

2. Turn his back on Patreon and distribute further releases with actual incest content on a private website.
> This would have jeopardized his Patreon earnings.

3. Delay (incest) content as much as possible while trying to lull patrons with promises, previews and nude pics.

Seems like he went with option 3...

I'm not sure if there will be any further updates at all, but I'm almost certain there will never be actual incest content like originally planned because this would get his game instantly banned from Patreon - so the best you can hope for are more dutch angle dreams.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkDemon

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I'm not sure if there will be any further updates at all, but I'm almost certain there will never be actual incest content like originally planned, because this would get his game instantly banned from Patreon - so the best you can hope for are more dutch angle dreams.
Looking at his patreon page now, and links to his own site and optional subscription ways outside of the patreon platform. I don't think that would be a huge issue. Seems he have planned for such an possible transition in advance. So in one way, he done more there than other creators on Patreon that caved for the rules of patreon and let it dictate the content of their games.

Patreon is under a lot of heath recently because of multiple cases of kicking people off their platform, demonetized creators and such. I think even some complaints been filled with the FTC, and some lawsuits as well. This not related to adult games, but quite a few creators on youtube.

There is also those that just use Patreon as a "wallet front", and have separate site where the rest goes through. Which seems to work fine as well.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes