VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
A game thread is not the place to discuss piracy. We have an off-topic section, general discussions and pm's. Use them unless you want to get warned.

Jan 9, 2019
the game already done. he just doesn't release the game Because he gets paid.
he will release the game when the income drops to a certain level
You are being played too. Almost certainly, there is no such thing (other than some mediocre stuff put together to keep scamming). If there was he would have provided evidence of it in the last 1.5 years. Instead you got those "pinups" which don't show any assets (not even clothes), any environments, and don't require any scene setup. The kind of thing you can do in a less than an hour. This is most definitely a full blown scam, not just milking.

Reactions: satoshi36

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
HAHAHAHAHA, this guy is hilarious, he really is. He really is a master liar, and his puppets are like those people that join a cult and do whatever their leader tells them, like the one that made hundreds of people commit suicide. Really brainwashed people, feed the hungry people of the world if u do not know what to do with your money, peasants.

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
HAHAHAHAHA, this guy is hilarious, he really is. He really is a master liar, and his puppets are like those people that join a cult and do whatever their leader tells them, like the one that made hundreds of people commit suicide. Really brainwashed people, feed the hungry people of the world if u do not know what to do with your money, peasants.
The Church of GumDrop

Reactions: satoshi36

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
September 10th he will release the update LOL. Idk what @MajorWanker doing but he says it beginning of this year that GD will update it on September if im correct. Idk if thats a wild guess or not but hey hes correct all year long.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Reactions: sob
Jan 9, 2019
Such an embarrassing scam. And I have no doubt that whatever he releases (if he ever releases anything, which I also doubt) will be the product of no more than a few weeks of work with recycled assets. Just like the holiday release, he will release some mediocre stuff to create the idea that he is doing something, to fool people who don't understand how much time it is required to produce it, and to keep the scam going for another year. And shills here keep inventing excuses for what is a legendary scam. Utterly pathetic.

If this was a legitimate thing he would have learned how to animate stuff himself. Or he would have commissioned it 1.5 years ago. It's blatant what he is doing. Do people not find it suspect that the only non-trivial work being done was commissioned? there has been no evidence of him doing anything other than spending a tiny fraction of those thousands on commissioning some dude to keep the scam going.

Last edited:

Dante696969

Donor
Sep 10, 2017
Ladies & gentlemen, after 1 year and 3 months, the "anim previews" xD :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What an amazing animation by our lord and savior Gum Drop. Just look at that 10K definition animation. WOW absoutley stunning. It only took 1.5 years for this godly work. ( No but for real wtf is that)

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Haven't been back here to check out the "progress" or lack there of for sometime. Glad F95 put a disclaimer about the games updates. I still can't believe this game is pulling 10k monthly with no updates. Money to burn I suppose.

Jan 9, 2019
A while ago I said this (check highlighted part):

I'm writing just to point out that as a relatively neutral player, you have to be completely out of your mind to support a random dude with zero completed games a year after he hasn't shown evidence of having anything at all.

I use DAZ, and it would be very easy for him to release evidence that he has done work, especially considering that he claims he finished the rendering. Even screenshots of the viewport with his scenes.

But from what I can gather, this guy is consistently preventing any accountability by throwing things that require relatively no work, "bread and circuses": like those renders that show up in this thread occasionally. The required work for those is minimal with a good GPU, that is not evidence of anything, and in fact it raises suspicions.

I repeat, how can an adult person who considers himself/herself rational not ask him for evidence of what he claims he did last year? it costs very little from his point of view, just a few hours. I can't think of a single reason against it.

Very curious how he is now, out of nowhere, after 1.5 years, "interested" in providing such evidence. What ignited that interest?

I don't want to boast, but do you guys understand now what is going on here? if he released viewport screenshots now, why didn't he do it for all the scenes he claims to have been working on? have you noticed how these are all close-ups and don't show any environment? how they don't show any new assets?

In short: the only viewport evidence he has shown in 1.5 years is commissioned work (a tiny price he pays while scamming people out of thousands each month). Other than that you have "pin-ups" done in 30 minutes max. Do people legitimately think there is anytihng rational about this behavior?

Koanon

Aug 16, 2017
I'm kind of excited to see the new September 10th estimated release date. I'm not going to get my hopes up because it wouldn't be the first time we've been met with deadlines being pushed later and later. Fingers crossed, hoping for a timely, quality release. I'm not a developer so I don't really have a the proper experience to judge how long whatever he releases should have take. That's only fair. Since I've never paid a dime to Gumdrop Games it's hard for me to complain all that much.

It's all too common to see people agonize over how they perceive it to be unethical for GD to make as much money as they are. I'm not keeping up with every word Kyle has posted to his Patreon, so there might be critical information that at least I am personally missing. It's hard to tell what is the truth and what isn't because there is a lot of emotions obfuscating reason on this thread. People are really upset. If I'm not mistaken, I did read a post where a guy was wishing cancer upon Kyle. Ultimately, Gumdrop Games is stationed inside of a free market platform and it is up to the consumer to decide what to spend their money on. I know that is easy to be upset, but those who haven't made a monetary contribution just look silly narcissistically whingeing over something that they haven't lost any skin over. I'll just stick to facts as they come my way, refrain from conjecture, and won't look a gift horse in the mouth when it arrives at my doorstep free of charge.

In the mean time, while we wait, unwind with this relaxed bath cat. :)

D-IQHt1U0AExSpb.jpg large.jpg

Reactions: allintine
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes