VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Jack-ish

Jul 12, 2018
All dev has to do is sit back and collect free cash, and once the amount he makes drops, he can put out a small update (no sex) along with a story about how rl problems (figuring out how to spend all that cash) kept him from updating, and the patrons(suckers) will quickly return. This guy knows how to make money.

Dec 24, 2018
All dev has to do is sit back and collect free cash, and once the amount he makes drops, he can put out a small update (no sex) along with a story about how rl problems (figuring out how to spend all that cash) kept him from updating, and the patrons(suckers) will quickly return. This guy knows how to make money.
It is going to be at least 19 months between the last update and the next one. Gumdrop knows what he's doing. He used to release consistently and saw his patreon start to rise slower and slower. If he kept releasing consistently his patreon would probably peak and maintain somewhere between 14-16k. He realized that was the most he would make per month so he decided to start delaying releases, now maybe the first couple of delays were genuine, but when he saw how his patreon hardly fell he realized how he could make much more money by delaying releases and having more months to collect patreon checks.

Look at his patreon now, no update since march 2018 and he is still making 9k. Before taxes and patreon cut, and considering what his patreon was at before it started falling, he will make around 200k for one update. In that same timeframe if he was releasing consistently he could have put out at least 8 updates, and let's say his patreon was at 16k, he would have made 304k, or 38k per update. Obviously you're gonna take 200k per update over 38k. Hell, say he kept releasing consistently in that time frame, put out 8 releases, and he averaged 30k per month on patreon, he would have made 570k, but that's still only 71k per release. He knows what he's doing, he's delaying on purpose because he makes a lot more money in the long run this way. He could have had this update out in 3 months if he wanted, but he wanted more money. Who can blame him though when his patreon supporters are so delusional they willingly let Gumdrop take advantage of them.

What we're gonna see happen next is he will put out some consistent, but short, updates for the start of act 2 to pump up his patreon and gain some trust back. Then somewhere around the middle of act 2 he'll start delaying releases again, and at the end don't be surprised if it goes another year or more for an update to come out. I'd like to say his patreon supporters wouldn't stand for that again and wouldn't let him get away with it, but they're so delusional I'm sure they probably will.

Reactions: Jack-ish and Turret

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
It is going to be at least 19 months between the last update and the next one. Gumdrop knows what he's doing. He used to release consistently and saw his patreon start to rise slower and slower. If he kept releasing consistently his patreon would probably peak and maintain somewhere between 14-16k. He realized that was the most he would make per month so he decided to start delaying releases, now maybe the first couple of delays were genuine, but when he saw how his patreon hardly fell he realized how he could make much more money by delaying releases and having more months to collect patreon checks.
This is what has been happening to most of the successful Patreon games.

What we're gonna see happen next is he will put out some consistent, but short, updates for the start of act 2 to pump up his patreon and gain some trust back. Then somewhere around the middle of act 2 he'll start delaying releases again, and at the end don't be surprised if it goes another year or more for an update to come out. I'd like to say his patreon supporters wouldn't stand for that again and wouldn't let him get away with it, but they're so delusional I'm sure they probably will.
You won't see any update at all, dude.

Jun 3, 2018
c'mon guys, at least give the dev credits and gratitudes from all of us,,,
he teaches us a whole new level of patience,, even a senior master monk in shaolin temple couldn't pass this patience test,,, :p

ThunderL

Jul 17, 2019
What are those patreon updates? More baiting for money? Obviously not going to pay just to see them. Anyone here mind just posting screenshots of them, since I don't want to get scam? Also I expected a lot from this game but when I notice that the story isn't going anywhere and choices matter little, I'd say TellTale Games are a way better way to consume your time.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Gumdrop & Nergal have the exact same behaviour let us report there patreon pages they need to be deleted !
Report them for what? You pledge to any of them? It's a support the creator platform, not a retail store or a subscription service, and last time I checked its quite voluntary if you want to pledge support to someone or not.

"Hello? Is this the fap police... I want to report a denial of fap...." Yeah, I think I see it now... make a report and let us know how that venture go...

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
What are those patreon updates? More baiting for money? Obviously not going to pay just to see them. Anyone here mind just posting screenshots of them, since I don't want to get scam? Also I expected a lot from this game but when I notice that the story isn't going anywhere and choices matter little, I'd say TellTale Games are a way better way to consume your time.
Well, Seeing Tell Tale went out of business, and their final chapter to their "Walking Dead" game will be an "epic store" exclusive. I guess the so called main stream games industry got a lot to be called out on as well.

Oh, because you don't want to get scammed, you beg other "scam victims", for updates. Seeing people that support is prone to get a lashing for doing so, I can understand if no one would. Maybe the better thing would been to just ask if someone could share, without make it sound like them some sort of victim first.

Dec 24, 2018
You won't see any update at all, dude.
Nah, he will put out an update eventually. If he never does eventually his patreon will run out, he wouldn't abandon the money train. He'd be pretty stupid to give up on 9k a month. But obviously the game will never be updated in a timely manner unless his patreon supporters stop being so delusional, it will literally take him over a decade at least if his supporters let him get away with it.

Bonhart

Dec 30, 2017
with each passing day the date is getting closer, will it be the right time?

(Sorry my english)

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes