VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
He responded now because he feeling the heat! His patrons are losing patience now and think he isn't transparent on what's going on.
Finally! I don´t know how many pages back I wrote that even the nice and patient ones have a breaking point and that gumdrop has tio be careful, because once you annoyed the patient persons, that backlash is not good and regaining lost trust is very difficult.
The real patrons of gumdrop had already been extremly patient in the face of constant lies, broken promises and deadlines. He has used up the goodwill.
I think he got too cocky about how often you can sugercoat blatant lies and idiotic excuses. And his last one is among the most idiotic. A broken deadline (after he strained goodwill to the max with his earlier ones) because of two "missing/incomplete" animations? Send out the update and patch it later, would have been the correct action. With this he would have regained a bit of trust after all the lies and stuff. But now? A bridge, eh a lie too far, it seems.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Finally! I don´t know how many pages back I wrote that even the nice and patient ones have a breaking point and that gumdrop has tio be careful, because once you annoyed the patient persons, that backlash is not good and regaining lost trust is very difficult.
The real patrons of gumdrop had already been extremly patient in the face of constant lies, broken promises and deadlines. He has used up the goodwill.
I think he got too cocky about how often you can sugercoat blatant lies and idiotic excuses. And his last one is among the most idiotic. A broken deadline (after he strained goodwill to the max with his earlier ones) because of two "missing/incomplete" animations? Send out the update and patch it later, would have been the correct action. With this he would have regained a bit of trust after all the lies and stuff. But now? A bridge, eh a lie too far, it seems.
What do you consider a "real" patreon? Doubt the level of heat you find in this thread reflect the commentary field on his patreon page. For some random joe that "just" discovered his game, they won't necessary know much about its history or background. You can find this game plastered all over internet. And now even on steam, which open up for a whole other crowd that doesn't necessary frequent sites such as this. And looking at early access games and such on steam, some of them been in the works for many years. So, some people just used to such and doesn't question it much. It doesn't make it right, but when it come to it, people in this regard is almost a endless resource.

Just look at these social games, mobile games and such with their p2w mechanics etc. They are based on a swing door mentality of players being a endless resource. Take them for as much as you can while they last, because there will always be someone new replace the ones leaving. All the while focus on the big whales.

Shame he haven't been as focused on get his game done, as he is on bring in support to it. In that regard I guess a lot of creators out there could learn a thing or two.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
How much longer until the Mods on this site slap the abandoned tag on this game? This is getting ridiculous.
He recently put it on steam, I'm not sure that qualifies as abandoned. And with the attention it get, it wouldn't change anything, people would still post about it. Slap and abandoned tag on it, wouldn't change that. You think people would stop post if they did? I'm quite sure people would still ask for people to post his latest updates and such from Patreon.

They already placed an warning in the OP of the thread. Then again, for some reasons so many people doesn't bother reading such, they much prefer walk in land mines :p

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I dunno which side is dumber, Gumdrop, or his fans. Gumdrop probably thinks that responding is gonna put out the fire, and doesn't understand trust. His fans don't understand when to walk away from a liar after he's done nothing for a year and a half...
Uh, the dive he take month after month, with the following bumps just show patreons rotate in and out. I doubt his average patreons been sticking with him for the entire duration. But as with all games, fandoms what not. There is those that stick around, but nothing unique to this game and GD that. Take the travesty Star Citizen as example.

I could call you dumb for vote on x or y, or spend on x or y, as well. Label people because you think something is stupid is just silly.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
What do you consider a "real" patreon? Doubt the level of heat you find in this thread reflect the commentary field on his patreon page.(...)Just look at these social games, mobile games and such with their p2w mechanics etc. They are based on a swing door mentality of players being a endless resource. Take them for as much as you can while they last, because there will always be someone new replace the ones leaving. All the while focus on the big whales.
Patron, not patreon. I mean those who give money to gumdrop by whatever method since 2017/early18. And since you are here long enough, you should know quite well, that his comment pages are "cleaned" by his cohorts.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Patron, not patreon. I mean those who give money to gumdrop by whatever method since 2017/early18. And since you are here long enough, you should know quite well, that his comment pages are "cleaned" by his cohorts.
Well the site is called "patreon" not patron.. Anyways. I don't frequent his page, and yes I would assume comments get removed and moderated there, just as it occur in similar venues all over the internet, even this site.

People spend their money on stuff regardless how other people feel about it. Whether its sinking cash into games such as FIFA, NBA, Fortnite, whatever, or some adult game on patreon. People wont change unless they ant to change.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Could've fooled me considering how often you frequent his topic here
I frequent other threads on this site as well. And if you would measure posts per thread ratio, you would found A LOT of people in this thread, that should been steady inventory at his patreon then, which isn't the case right?

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Well the site is called "patreon" not patron.. Anyways. I don't frequent his page, and yes I would assume comments get removed and moderated there, just as it occur in similar venues all over the internet, even this site.
I know how that site is called, with patrons I meant all his patrons, since he has opened up several sites/ways you can burn your money for him, eh, donate your money to him.
And you seem to have some "interesting" opinion about moderating forums, since on gumdrop site not only harsh posts are quickly deleted, but harmless ones as well, if they have topics gumdrop does not like.

Reactions: Morah SDG

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I know how that site is called, with patrons I meant all his patrons, since he has opened up several sites/ways you can burn your money for him, eh, donate your money to him.
And you seem to have some "interesting" opinion about moderating forums, since on gumdrop site not only harsh posts are quickly deleted, but harmless ones as well, if they have topics gumdrop does not like.
I bought a bookcase from a store that had their own site where you could leave a review. I left one that was less than flattering to put it like that. It got deleted. There is no such thing as absolute free or unmoderated speech (except a very few places on the net, where you most likely don't want to frequent regardless). This range from forums, to all kind of media, like youtube (had quite a few comments removed there), whatever else. Such censorship is all around us.

What happens on his Patreon page is nothing more than what happens all over the place else, in that regard. As a consumer/user you are always under the thumb. All you can do is vote with your money.

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Just an FYI for those who wonder who could be so stupid to support him:

1. As stated, his numbers dip then recover every month so he is getting new subscribers all the time.
2. The op can post whatever he wants on the thread home page, not every can see it. I found the game on another site almost a year before I came across this site. I was VERY tempted to support him but held off for some reason. Glad I did.

If everyone here who bitches about not being able to get something for free anymore would take a few minutes and contact/review/comment about this on other sites it MIGHT actually make an impact on GummCock's bottom line. As opposed to the current situation where I'm sure some people are asking themselves "How can I work a scam like that?"

JMO- Going back to sleep now

Mar 22, 2018
Some men just want to watch the world BURN...
Some men just want to watch the world BURN...
Some people here for the dev yes... but yeah i dont think his knights from discord will help him either now... For me im just seeing the dev and this people talking bad about him and his this project... and not without good reason (before that i know this was just... jealous people angry about his good situation) Ok is free... but this development is not normal really. Before this thread was crazy... a joke... waste of time.... NOW... NOW ... today ... yeah... Is totally wrong and a big scam... And is REALLY not funny anymore. Joshua just appear here to talk how good this whole development is... If you want to believe in someone believe in dev_Voyd and me. We're here at the same time when DF was just a simple VR game to now a Big scam.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes