VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
How many people are willing to sacrifice a few bucks to leave a review? obviously we don't want to many people to do it but I think like 10 - 20 people from here reviewing it and warning people on steam who are unaware of the past lies and broken promises should have a significant impact. I'm willing, anyone else?
Buy the game, play 10min, leave a bad review, ask for a refund.
Normaly Steam refund if you play 1h59 maxmium, or before 14 days. (in France) but they dont delete the review.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This place... is where people show their abilities in coding and art... ... ... ... but...

... so much for a fucking fucking game. Look when this thing is getting everybody... a game of fuck... that's fucking everyone who write this words: " when the next release comes?".... fuck.
Hmm, yeah, did you hit the strong sauce a wee bit to much today?

I once got into a dispute with a dev on a early access tittle on steam before, and got put in the corner for a while, with a time out that also affected some of my games library. So before go ape on GD on steam, people might want to consider consequences, unless they use some throw away alt account, or whatever.

Also I think they been taking steps vs reviewing bombing and similar due to the scuffle with Epic Store where players went bananas on devs/publishers that still had some of their games on steam, while new ones went exclusive to Epic, yet was promised released on steam (before the Sweeney bribes).

The Punisher

Aug 7, 2017
So Part X will be a standalone version in Steam because its a "big one"...

"The steam version includes the first 18 chapters (split between both campaigns) of Dual Family as a stand alone release; Part X, the finale for Act I will be released as a separate, stand alone installment (it's a big one) after it's already launched on my site. Many of the earlier installments in the story are far shorter than those found later, the most recent being the longest yet. The complete story (three acts!) will be added to steam as development continues, each act being released as its own game."

Mar 22, 2018

I once got into a dispute with a dev on a early access tittle on steam before, and got put in the corner for a while, with a time out that also affected some of my games library. So before go ape on GD on steam, people might want to consider consequences, unless they use some throw away alt account, or whatever.

Also I think they been taking steps vs reviewing bombing and similar due to the scuffle with Epic Store where players went bananas on devs/publishers that still had some of their games on steam, while new ones went exclusive to Epic, yet was promised released on steam (before the Sweeney bribes).

Ok. Keep writing...

Reactions: Kermit79

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017

And plenty of devs have been banned from forums because of abusing them. Reviews are meant to be honest.

Zellio

Aug 6, 2017
So Part X will be a standalone version in Steam because its a "big one"...

"The steam version includes the first 18 chapters (split between both campaigns) of Dual Family as a stand alone release; Part X, the finale for Act I will be released as a separate, stand alone installment (it's a big one) after it's already launched on my site. Many of the earlier installments in the story are far shorter than those found later, the most recent being the longest yet. The complete story (three acts!) will be added to steam as development continues, each act being released as its own game."
So in other words, another payment.

Looks like Gumdrop has gotten so greedy that he no longer cares about anything but money. His downfall will be sweet to watch

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
And plenty of devs have been banned from forums because of abusing them. Reviews are meant to be honest.
Sure, it's a 2 way street. Honest reviews is not always easy if there is a disdain towards the creators. You can see this easy if you look at such as Gearbox and Randy Pitchford.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So in other words, another payment.

Looks like Gumdrop has gotten so greedy that he no longer cares about anything but money. His downfall will be sweet to watch
Problem isn't really he have put the game on steam, but that there haven't been a update in a very long time. Should we go after devs of like "House Party" that is on steam and been on patreon as well?, and eventually "Man of the house" when it hit steam, because the creators wanted more money? The only difference between those, is that the former haven't updated in a long time, where the others have. But someone that been a patreon of either, would end up feel cheated when the game end up on steam, and then might have supported for a long time spending many times over what the steam price would be.

If any shouldn't this make GD more accountable to actually get more content out? If you fluke on steam, people are a lot less interested in touch any of what you try drop there next.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The steam positive reviews of the game feels like it was Gumdrop making them they are so small like "good" "6/10" those are nice reviews.
Jupp, it make sense now. GD does about 900 other reviews before he thumbs up his own game. Also looking at other reviews by those that given it thumbs down, kinda funny as well. Doesn't seems like the horde here have unleashed any (yet).

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
wait a game with incest is allow in steam? :unsure:
its not allowed but steam doesnt know about the incest part since gumdrop most likely changed the relantionship so he could put on steam (idk if he really changed the relationship), i even got banned from the discord beacuse i sayed "the game its on steam for 5$ lol, the positive review on steam are a joke" cause they were in fact.

Reactions: dE_VoYd

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
its not allowed but steam doesnt know about the incest part since gumdrop most likely changed the relantionship so he could put on steam (idk if he really changed the relationship), i even got banned from the discord beacuse i sayed "the game its on steam for 5$ lol, the positive review on steam are a joke" cause they were in fact.
the classic landlady ok

Reactions: exirock
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes