VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
This animation debacle has become such a shit show. Here he is saying that his animator is busy with his own personal work plus Gumdrops work, and then he's not even going to work with him going forward in the future. Dude, at some point you have to look at this, and say "Fuck. This isn't working." Cut your loses, and implement animations in a later update when you have a "local team member".

This is where his Patreons could exert their power by voting with their wallets. You want this update to be released? Cancel your pledge. Make that 8K drop down to 500 dollars. The update would be released TODAY... finished or not. But, it's not happening.

But hey, if they're happy with some still images, and some artsy-fartsy dialogue every 2-3 weeks for another year... more power to them. I got off this ride long ago.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
This animation debacle has become such a shit show. Here he is saying that his animator is busy with his own personal work plus Gumdrops work, and then he's not even going to work with him going forward in the future. Dude, at some point you have to look at this, and say "Fuck. This isn't working." Cut your loses, and implement animations in a later update when you have a "local team member".

This is where his Patreons could exert their power by voting with their wallets. You want this update to be released? Cancel your pledge. Make that 8K drop down to 500 dollars. The update would be released TODAY... finished or not. But, it's not happening.

But hey, if they're happy with some still images, and some artsy-fartsy dialogue every 2-3 weeks for another year... more power to them. I got off this ride long ago.
Patreon's isn't a constant, you see people vote with their money, but you also get new patreons jumping onto the bus.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
"In the mean time our team is working on what we can for Act II"

Does anyone seriously believe he has a 'team' working on this? He is such a fucking fraud.
I got curious how many games on this website have started up after the last DF update with solo developers, animations, and multiple updates, and honestly it's like half the games on the "most liked" front page. Hell, DrPinkCake started and finished "Acting Lessons" and started up "Being a DIK" with three updates since the last update. For a team effort, MrDots started and has nearly finished "Melody" while also working on DMD. If this fraud had an actual team, they must have completely scrapped their work like a dozen times over at this point ala Duke Nukem Forever.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I got curious how many games on this website have started up after the last DF update with solo developers, animations, and multiple updates, and honestly it's like half the games on the "most liked" front page. Hell, DrPinkCake started and finished "Acting Lessons" and started up "Being a DIK" with three updates since the last update. For a team effort, MrDots started and has nearly finished "Melody" while also working on DMD. If this fraud had an actual team, they must have completely scrapped their work like a dozen times over at this point ala Duke Nukem Forever.
Well if that is any measurement to go with, you know if he end up release anything at all it would be a giant clusterfuck of a disappointment just as Duke Nukem Forever turned out. DNF got passed around like a redheaded stepchild between several creators though.

Jan 9, 2019

Dude, he is lying about the animations. As I have explained in my post with a link to all the "previews", there is no evidence he has done any work whatsoever, and that's the reason there isn't any update, and the reason there won't be any.

And he is lying about "Fatcat", he is just some random dude he commissioned, there is no "staff" or "team" as he calls it. It's all a scam intended to deceive gullible people.

Reactions: Kermit79 and yep10

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
And he is lying about "Fatcat", he is just some random dude he commissioned, there is no "staff" or "team" as he calls it. It's all a scam intended to deceive gullible people.
Afaik, he never said Fatcat is something else than just commissioned though. Implying otherwise would possible upset Fatcat and come back to bite him in the ass. As for his team else? At present time it could just as well be made up of; Huey Dewy and Louie, the Three Stooges, or how about leftie and rightie.

Here in the real world, when talked to "team" leaders or similar, its not unheard of them present their team, not hide them in the closet to never be seen.

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
He is real enough @

If you go back in the thread you will find a poster here that contacted him as well. If you lose grasp of what is real and fiction, you might consider find another thread for the sake of your sanity -)
I wonder who made that patreon account and who was that poster :unsure: I'm not falling for that, but some ppl certainly will.

It's just another way to keep things going without spitting/writing more lies. Kyle is decent scammer, but in a year or two he's out of options. Or maybe 2021 he uses that famous "mental problems" card, first FatCat loses his head and year after that Kyle himself.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I wonder who made that patreon account and who was that poster :unsure: I'm not falling for that, but some ppl certainly will.

It's just another way to keep things going without spitting/writing more lies. Kyle is decent scammer.
Fatcat is real enough. If you want to make a big deal about he isn't. Contact him yourself right? Just because he got commissioned to do some work for GD, doesn't make him fake or whatever, more like unfortunate getting caught in the shitstorm around GD.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
btw maybe patreon is a sleep i wonder why this game did not recieve a bann hammer like usually happens with games with this content ? :devilish: Maybe that is why he did not create any update yet. its almost 2 years now right ?? wasn it the time patreon started ban content left and right ?

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes