VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes
Dec 24, 2018
I downloaded this file and skimmed through the video, so I don't know what they are talkin' about. I'll agree with Watcher X The animations are smooth and decent but it was rather very short for ~480MB file. I'll attach some pictures so that you guys can have a look at it.

Compared to other big developers making lots of money like Gumdrop, those renders look really bad, like really bad lol. I remember when this game started and they were some of the best around, too bad he spent the last 2 years not doing anything and his quality hasn't gotten any better.

D

Deleted member 840101

Compared to other big developers making lots of money like Gumdrop, those renders look really bad, like really bad lol. I remember when this game started and they were some of the best around, too bad he spent the last 2 years not doing anything and his quality hasn't gotten any better.
I think you might be right here:
His quality hasn't gotten any better.
The quality remains the same just like his old ones but I don't know if they are bad.

Deepwounds

Feb 2, 2018
I still remember when almost 2 years ago People were complaining about waiting, now it seems that People dont see his lazyness anymore a keep donating him, because i dont underStand how can He have 9k pee month when it use to be under7k

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I still remember when almost 2 years ago People were complaining about waiting, now it seems that People dont see his lazyness anymore a keep donating him, because i dont underStand how can He have 9k pee month when it use to be under7k
People that backed him then, not the same that does it today. Well, maybe some special snowflakes out there that stuck with him, but a bit unlikely. It's like a bus, or a train I suppose, people get on and off. How much you can garner interest, promote and market your game and yourself is at large a recipe for success. Why you see some good games out there receive little attention, and bad ones hyped and get a lot.

Deepwounds

Feb 2, 2018
People that backed him then, not the same that does it today. Well, maybe some special snowflakes out there that stuck with him, but a bit unlikely. It's like a bus, or a train I suppose, people get on and off. How much you can garner interest, promote and market your game and yourself is at large a recipe for success. Why you see some good games out there receive little attention, and bad ones hyped and get a lot.
I Just feel angry that he get so much money without actually doing anything.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I Just feel angry that he get so much money without actually doing anything.
Ignore it? Just as you probably ignore most of all else that feel wrong and unjust in the world? Because you can't really do much about it. People spend their money in the most silly ways daily. You won't be able to change their ways, unless they wake up and decide to themselves. Blame GD for people back him and donate to his patreon, is like blame the sun for going down. With the exposure his game got on the internet, bitch about it in this confined space of this thread, have little to, no impact what so ever.

People with bad work ethics and "low morale", if to put it like that. Line their pockets all the time, because there is always another ready to ride the bus.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I don't know what level of stupid you aim for with that kind of trolling :p
their is no 32th of the month so what he is saying dont hold your hopes up this game will never get an update.. So how much longer do we need to wait till the mods put a full abandoned tag on this game and put it to rest ?? :devilish:

Reactions: kilo310

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
their is no 32th of the month so what he is saying dont hold your hopes up this game will never get an update.. So how much longer do we need to wait till the mods put a full abandoned tag on this game and put it to rest ?? :devilish:
Damn I think I found a..... The reason I said "trolling" was due to the date he put. If he wanted to do a higher level of trolling I'm quite sure he could come up with some better take on it.

As for the abandoned tag? Even they put the thread abandoned. It wouldn't keep GD from make updates on his Patreon, or people begging in this thread for people to repost them. If the mod's locked the thread and threw away the key, it wouldn't keep people from create new threads about the game either.

The mods made a warning in the OP, if people fail to take notice of the warning, or the plethora of verbal diarrhea in this thread. That is on them.

Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Finally had the time to look at the teaser package. Now there are two alternatives:
1) He does not have more than this teaser done, to temporary calm down the audience like the great conman he is. This would easily explain why he brings out assinine excuse after assinine excuse, instead of the update.
2) He really made an update. Took FAR too long, because he is a lazy conman, but now he sits on it as long as there are paterons who eat out of his hand and pay him for a couple of pics each month, read nearly nothing.

While Joshua Tree will surely defend gumdrops like the good shill he is (having JT on ignore makes this thread really nicer to read), even if gumdrop made an update, which still is questionable, he falls into the conman range. Because instead of updating and with this giving himself the tiniest sliver of goodwill back, if there is an update, he sits on it out of greed. Gumdrop knowingly spits on the spirit of agreement when it comes to patronage.
Had he even a tiny shred of honour, he would update without the fracking animations nobody asked for (and if we are honest, in VN animations are purely optional, they function well without)! And if he went anal on having them, he could patch it in later.

Reactions: sob and KROM95
Jan 9, 2019
Finally had the time to look at the teaser package. Now there are two alternatives:
1) He does not have more than this teaser done, to temporary calm down the audience like the great conman he is. This would easily explain why he brings out assinine excuse after assinine excuse, instead of the update.
2) He really made an update. Took FAR too long, because he is a lazy conman, but now he sits on it as long as there are paterons who eat out of his hand and pay him for a couple of pics each month, read nearly nothing.

While Joshua Tree will surely defend gumdrops like the good shill he is (having JT on ignore makes this thread really nicer to read), even if gumdrop made an update, which still is questionable, he falls into the conman range. Because instead of updating and with this giving himself the tiniest sliver of goodwill back, if there is an update, he sits on it out of greed. Gumdrop knowingly spits on the spirit of agreement when it comes to patronage.
Had he even a tiny shred of honour, he would update without the fracking animations nobody asked for (and if we are honest, in VN animations are purely optional, they function well without)! And if he went anal on having them, he could patch it in later.
There is no update. I have been saying this for months after I gained access to his "evidence" and I will keep saying it. No rational person behaves like this if he/she was doing any work. That hasn't changed at all. In fact the obvious problems I first noticed, like the lack of new assets, clothing, environments, scene set-up (he loves blurring backgrounds for this reason), etc. have become even more apparent. His skills (be it post-processing, texturing, or animation, which he should have learned himself) haven't improved at all in over 2 years. How do you explain this considering he claims he has worked non-stop on this?

This is an abandoned project that is being barely kept afloat for the patron money. There is no game here and there won't ever be one. It's very hard if not impossible to regain trust after what this guy is doing, which I suspect is one of the reasons why he will never even bother with another bullshit release: even the dumb people currently supporting him might start seeing through his lies and not fall for it again. Hence why the excuses get increasingly ridiculous and downright hilarious. Like all scams and deceptions, they always fall under their own weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: sob

Devon Rehab

May 15, 2017

I really agree with your second possibility. My opinion at this point is that even if Gumdrop is a conman they should have released something at this point and I'm starting to think this more down to Gumdrop being massively lazy and/or incompetent.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes