VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes
May 7, 2017
Come on guys, really? Two people, dropped two comments of their concise appreciation (not necessarily in-depth) of the game and how it was delivered, on the discussion thread of said game, and you jumped on them and start this tirade, again... Do remember what happened last time, the mods locked the thread due to release and petty discussion, do you really want to start that again? Besides, if this place where the games are readily available and pirated is not the place to discuss or at least present differing points of view, where else?

Reactions: Vayleton

401Grem

May 14, 2017
So many people complaining about a game they are pirating and abusing the person that is making it.
It is a nice game, it is enjoyable and I can wait for any version the dev deems worthy of releasing.

If you don't pay you are entitled to nothing at all and should keep quiet.
If you do pay and the dev made a commitment, talk to the dev about it and do not start shouting at the world about how you have been wronged.
Yeah, it seems so many of these people have an overly exaggerated value of their own opinions.

Reactions: Plop!

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
complaining about a pirated game is like stealing a car and going to the car dealer and complain that your stolen car isnt fast enough
But i'm not complaining to the developer. I'm complaining on an "piracy board". So that's a false equivalence.

A better comparison would be like stealing a shitty car and then warning other car jackers to avoid this shitty car because it's not even worth stealing. Hahahahaha

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
@JoanaStevens woah there u dont have to lash on person for having a opinion on the game ,yes the chances of dev seeing his comments are quite slim but still..,even tho hes not supporting it well maybe because he seems it inappropriate to pay 5 dollahs for a 10 min of a content?
The dude's on full blown defence mode because the developer made a crappy update.

It happens all the time. People conflate criticisms with "entitlement".

Acting entitled would be demanding the developer to change. I'm not doing that, i'm criticising his shitty update that didn't even release on time. I couldn't care less if he changes and frankly, I hope he doesn't. Watching his "fans" defend him mindlessly out of damage control is more entertainment than any one of his shitty updates could ever bring.

Reactions: YesMan

enokard

Apr 25, 2017
complaining about a pirated game is like stealing a car and going to the car dealer and complain that your stolen car isnt fast enough
Better than that :

he seems it inappropriate to pay 5 dollahs for a 10 min of a content?
"She treated me "premature ejaculator". We do not have the right to judge a man within 5 minutes" Woody Allen

Last edited:

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Come on guys, really? Two people, dropped two comments of their concise appreciation (not necessarily in-depth) of the game and how it was delivered, on the discussion thread of said game, and you jumped on them and start this tirade, again... Do remember what happened last time, the mods locked the thread due to release and petty discussion, do you really want to start that again? Besides, if this place where the games are readily available and pirated is not the place to discuss or at least present differing points of view, where else?
Sorry, but it's not opinion. I read comments of this dude in thread for months, and there is pretty much nothing about point of view and opinions. He's pro at trolling people, that's all. That's him who attacking and lashing on people, absolutely not other way. He always knew what's going to happen, and still choose to waste everyone's time. And he's not gonna leave anytime soon. Because it's entertains him.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Sorry, but it's not opinion. I read comments of this dude in thread for months, and there is pretty much nothing about point of view and opinions. He's pro at trolling people, that's all. That's him who attacking and lashing on people, absolutely not other way.
Attacking?

I made a post on the update, exclusively about the update. I then got two of members of Gumdrops Defence force tell me to shut the fuck up and entirely attack me personally for daring share an opinion on this disaster of an update.

Don't play revisionist history now, not when this discussion started less than a page back. Scroll up and see how this shit started and looking at your profile picture and signature, I highly doubt your opinion will be coming from a place of neutrality.

Reactions: Arap12 and YesMan

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The dude's on full blown defence mode because the developer made a crappy update.

It happens all the time. People conflate criticisms with "entitlement".

Acting entitled would be demanding the developer to change. I'm not doing that, i'm criticising his shitty update that didn't even release on time. I couldn't care less if he changes and frankly, I hope he doesn't. Watching his "fans" defend him mindlessly out of damage control is more entertainment than any one of his shitty updates could ever bring.
Well acting entitled is not just about changes, but in your case "about more" than what was delivered as well. The release is, well it is what it is. I'm not one of his patreons, but people vote with their money, and he will notice it in his pockets if enough patreons get disgruntlet with the progress. Who knows how many hours the guy put into this release right? It's easy enough to be a critique when not knowing all the facts. I'm not defending anyone, just think a breather and a chill pill might be of use. It's just a game after all.

Reactions: Paranoid_android

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
ing share an opinion on this disaster of an update.

Don't play revisionist history now, not when this discussion started less th
Well acting entitled is not just about changes, but in your case "about more" than what was delivered as well. The release is, well it is what it is.
And i'm saying that what it is, in my opinion, is complete trash and I won't be following the game anymore.

Period. That's not acting entitled, that's sharing your two cents and backing out. If people didn't then start jumping down my throat out of damage control and lighting up my notifications then I would have been long gone from this thread.

There's a plethora of other incest games out there, games that don't need 3 dedicated fans damage controlling every new update.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Attacking?

I made a post on the update, exclusively about the update. I then got two of members of Gumdrops Defence force tell me to shut the fuck up and entirely attack me personally for daring share an opinion on this disaster of an update.

Don't play revisionist history now, not when this discussion started less than a page back. Scroll up and see how this shit started and looking at your profile picture and signature, I highly doubt your opinion will be coming from a place of neutrality.
It wasn't what you lead yourself to expect, so it's the devs failure?

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
It wasn't what you lead yourself to expect, so it's the devs failure?
Well, for one, it didn't even arrive on time. So it was factually the developers failure on that front, by his own promises.

IN terms of content, no, I didn't enjoy it and hence why I won't be bothering with this shitty game anymore and had people stopped messaging me for daring share my opinion on the latest update, that's how I would have left it.

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Well, for one, it didn't even arrive on time. So it was factually the developers failure on that front, by his own promises.

IN terms of content, no, I didn't enjoy it and hence why I won't be bothering with this shitty game anymore and had people stopped messaging me for daring share my opinion on the latest update, that's how I would have left it.
Deadlines are what you imposed on him, he just gave a general timeline for release.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Deadlines are what you imposed on him, he just gave a general timeline for release.
Oh, so I personally made this post?

This deadline was imposed on by me? Damn, didn't realise I had that much power over Gumdrop. If only I had enough power to make him make a good game.

Reactions: YesMan

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Oh, so I personally made this post?

This deadline was imposed on by me? Damn, didn't realise I had that much power over Gumdrop. If only I had enough power to make him make a good game.
Uh, and he gave a reason why it wasn't released too. If he just released it with the bug and said nothing about it, I'm quite sure there would been a outcry for that as well. I'm only trying to defend reason here.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
I just started playing this new act or should I say I just finished it, they're the same thing anyway starting and finishing are synonyms when it comes to Dual family..Anyways I'm dropping the game for at least 3 or 4 months, see you in december.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
Uh, and he gave a reason why it wasn't released too. If he just released it with the bug and said nothing about it, I'm quite sure there would been a outcry for that as well. I'm only trying to defend reason here.
He's missed multiple releases.

Excuses or not, you can choose to accept them but I don't. Now stop responding to me so I can forget this dumpster truck fire ever existed and go fap to an actually good game.

Jan 11, 2017
Why ever1 attacking lad? All he said that he's done with game and doesn't want to play it anymore.Well I can see why he doesn't want to play it anymore,he didnt anticipated some magnum opus or something just a good update without forced characters such as aunt, and on top of that to simply put dev fucked up yet again like 3rd time in row in small margin of time and always finds an excuse for that and ppl def. him jeez.(I was one of em.)

P.S. Projects such as DoD and DmD capped quality level of dazd made games.

Reactions: Firior and wewlad
2.10 star(s) 189 Votes