VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So I haven't tried it yet. I see people mention 10 minutes content. Is that just the one path , or both paths combined. Is it with just spam ahead to the next scenes, or actual pay atention to the text/story?

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
So I haven't tried it yet. I see people mention 10 minutes content. Is that just the one path , or both paths combined. Is it with just spam ahead to the next scenes, or actual pay atention to the text/story?
Both content combined is around 10-15 minutes (15 minutes at most if you're a slow reader).

Reactions: Th3DR4KE and Drafox

Wolfe Tone

May 11, 2017
My biggest gripe is with the missed opportunity with the shopping trip on the Son path. It completely skips over it when it should have been used to further the relationship between the son and the mother. This would also mean that there was attention paid towards the sister and the mother so it would have been 2 birds with 1 stone. This in my opinion would have a made a better update.

punisher696

Jul 3, 2017
'If' I was contributing money to this game I would be pulling the plug right about now, especially when he says in his post 0.56 will contain a lot of content, to me he is grifting fullbore.

It is a massive shame as the game itself is really good.... I think his donation figures for next month or the month after will reflect the true opinion of his little game with investors.

Five grand for 10 minutes of content through 2 updates is rich.

wewlad

Aug 8, 2016
It's a shame.

I enjoy the developers commitment to build up and it's exactly what got me hyped for this game initially. Multiple disappointing releases later and I just can't be bothered anymore.

Dating My Daughter does build up well (a little too well). It might not give you the money scenes but it gives you plenty of blue balling to keep you satisfied. This game in comparison doesn't even give you that.

Everything is either some pointless padding (playing the guitar etc) or some shitty dream sequence. Give us some actual teasing, like shopping with your mother and maybe advising her to try on some skimpy outfit, I don't know. Anything is better than "lift your cousins skirt up on the plane, LOL".

enokard

Apr 25, 2017
30 mn with the son path but I was not able to finish. The game crashed.

Reactions: Dilettante

imansou

Jul 14, 2017
Uh, and he gave a reason why it wasn't released too. If he just released it with the bug and said nothing about it, I'm quite sure there would been a outcry for that as well. I'm only trying to defend reason here.
He should have tested the game in another computer earlier. Not the first time it happens as it seems. :(
I still want to play it though, when is it out? xD

Patan

May 28, 2017
He should have tested the game in another computer earlier. Not the first time it happens as it seems. :(
I still want to play it though, when is it out? XD
its already out
CE version:

Walkthrough:

Haven't played through yet...people are saying on the patreon page that it's "buggy".

flanby

May 25, 2017
I think it's not a bad update, but when you divide your content in two paths, the sense is that it's shorter. Personally, the father's path I don't care anything. So in the end, when I play I want to see situations son / mother and there are not, so for my taste, it is a little disappointment, but the update in general is not.

imansou

Jul 14, 2017
Not much content. Meh, I guess.
I didn't get a single bug though so that's nice.

Last edited:

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I mean yeah it is something that some of these devs can release monthly updates that are legitimately bigger than this entire game.

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017

DUAL FAMILY [Act I - Part V] Release!

Act I - Part V is finished!
IMPORTANT!!!

Don't forget to press F1 to access the menus!

Don't forget that pressing H hides the dialogue box!

DUAL FAMILY [Act I - Part V] Release Links:

WINDOWS

(0.61 fix)

MAC

(0.61 fix)

THE SON

• Night segment (Sister)
  • Morning segment (Mom)
  • Evening segment (Sister)
  • Plane segment (Cousin)
  • Car + Night segment (Father)
  • Morning segment (Aunt + Mom)
THE FATHER

• Dream segment (Daughter + Niece)
  • Morning segment (Daughter + Wife)
  • Plane (Day) segment (Daughter + Niece + Wife)
  • Plane (Night) segment (Daughter + Niece + Wife)
  • Car + Night segment (Son)
  • Morning segment (Sister-In-Law)
The two secret items you should look out for:

• A Pillow
  • A Vase
The walkthrough will be posted soon as well, you can wait for it if that's your tempo!

Like I've said previously, the custom content in the CE right now is very limited. I was having a nightmare trying to make a swappable clothes button and had to shelf that for the release. Instead I merely swapped the old images with the new ones that you voted for last month.

This week, I'll be both fixing the mystery button menu so you can swap different combinations, also fixing the cousin's custom render since she looks a little derpy.

As always, PLEASE message me if you encounter any game-breaking bugs or exception errors so I can patch it as needed.

Thank you for hanging in there, everyone. Enjoy!

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
I dunno what to say to his comment on Patreon...

LostAngeles
hey...curiosity...does nothing really happen hardly for the son on day 4? he got woke up by his mom to go shopping, but it didnt even show it. then he was back home talking to sis briefly then BOOM days over. i thought there was gonna be something behind helping her shopping? or did it get cut

Gumdrop Games
Your intuition is correct, unfortunately. The shopping segment was going to be a significant area with the two of them, but it faced the chopping block. I prioritized moving the time along over the lingering on the shopping segment when time ran out.

LostAngeles
but you did in fact mention that you would include whats been cut later on, right? id like to see what you came up with. considering youre good at writing

Gumdrop Games
Yeah, absolutely. Right now it's not a possibility with the development cycle still being very aggressive for me, the future releases always taking priority. I'll definitely fill in the blank spaces of time when my two CPU rendering setup increases in numbers.

Mirtugast

Dec 25, 2016
I think "disappointing" and "not much content" is an understatement. Maybe I shouldn't be expecting an erotic game but an amateur's attempt at moral philosophy in visual novel format? March 6th this game was first posted and there is zero sexual content in the daughter story in SIX. MONTHS. I refuse to count a render-puzzle with nudity as sexual content.

I mean slow burn is one thing but this... This is something else.

2.10 star(s) 189 Votes