VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
I think Gumdrop has been dead for some time. He probably made a few renders before dying. Now someone else (probably a family member) has got hold of his account and is posting those renders overtime and milking the situation for as long as possible.
But that's just a Theory! A Game Theory!
Nah, nothing that complex/dark. He likes free money and Patreon allows him to get it without doing anything, so he takes advantage of it :rolleyes:

Feb 22, 2018
Can u plz show me that
100% that content is in availiable in the OP. I only played the son's route. And I made some dialogue choices that seem to cause a sequence break. But I know for a fact, this is the most complete version there is. And complete is a very generous adjective to be using.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Everyone on discord channel of gumdrop are confused and puzzled for lack of information.

7 days to go and no assurance if will come out. Anyone knows how to contact patreon? Somebody should stop this scam.

zandalari

May 4, 2019
Everyone on discord channel of gumdrop are confused and puzzled for lack of information.

7 days to go and no assurance if will come out. Anyone knows how to contact patreon? Somebody should stop this scam.
2 years with no update and they are confused/puzzled NOW?

Gumdrop is truly blessed to have the dumbest motherfuckers on the internet paying him to do nothing.

credo1397

Apr 8, 2019
I was on that ship, for october chapter x release.. then christmas ch x release.... I cant believe he has patrons left after 3 years of no updates lmao... oh wait now its may 23rd release? I'm so stoked to see what he'll postpone it to next lol

fotogaik

May 13, 2017

Sure. But there are only two ways this is going to stop:
1. Gumdrop decides to close his patreon page.
2. People stop supporting him.
The former didn't happen for over two years, Kyle loves his free money, why should he cut it off?
The latter didn't happen for over two years.

There was a glimmer of hope this year when he started shedding patrons, but he never even reached his historic low after the peak. The lowest patron count was a year ago on May 1st, when it dropped to 637. He didn't release anything a year ago to fix this, and yet patron count rebounded. Patron numbers started dropping off earlier this year before he announced the most recent release date. Patron count still rebounded from the low of 688 on April 1st.
What can I say? His patrons are dumb.

Gumdrop was reported to Patreon this year. No action was taken.

No rape scenes in the game anymore:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/post-3383223

Incest is no longer present, either. The game is not called "Dual Family" anymore because it's no longer about incest. Gumdrop's page was suspended on Patreon twice. After that, the game no longer officially features incest (I assume the second suspension was due to the rape scene).

Note how there's a very prominent game which features incest and rape, Summertime Saga, developed by Dark Cookie. It's the most popular adult game by patron count on Patreon by a huge margin. Dark Cookie's page was suspended in the past and he was forced to rewrite large portions of the game, but no action was taken against him since then.

If a person endlessly reports a creator to Patreon, or if a group gangs up and does a series of reports, this may be seen as harassment and may result in repercussions not against the creator, but against false whistleblowers. This ultimately may affect other adult game creators if Patreon decides it's too much trouble to carry them.

If you wish to report him, I can only encourage you. Maybe you can write a compelling report that will get Gumdrop banned. Unlikely as it seems, Gumdrop is not breaking any actual Patreon rules. If you do report him, make sure to base it on facts, otherwise Patreon will promptly ignore this. I also think you actually need to be a patron of his for Patreon to take a report seriously.

Last edited:

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
well at least the corona did something right he lost alot of patreon ?? he used to have well over 1000 patreon ?
Yeah, two years ago.

He peaked in 2018 and then been going down and up. His patron count changes this year are similar to changes happening a year ago.
And yes, this means that his patron count dropped and then increased while he released nothing. He has to do nothing and money will still come to him.

Something about?
No. That was back in April, a month and a week ago. Gumdrop went completely mum since his poll on May 4th. (Then again, I won't be spending money to get access to his Discord, so I've no idea what's happening there.)

Feb 22, 2018
He's a grifter he's a grifter! Not even these hard times can stump his fabulous grift! It really makes me think. What is actually funding Gumdrops lifestyle? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: Surely he's a good boy who didn't do not- oh. wait. He unironically hasn't done anything.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes