VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
There is nothing being withheld. The most likely explanation is that he has no work done and no intention of doing any work. It's an abandoned project that was abandoned in 2018. This has been purely a scam for more than 2 years, longer than it was ever a game (the "game" phase lasted only a few months). The scammer just moved on with his life and does the bare minimum to keep the scam alive.

For those who are new here: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851
The animation previews in that link are second to none from what I've seen. Hopefully he will eventually release a new version of the game with them. I will keep checking every once in a while. There are a few I am doing that for and have been pleasantly surprised at times.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
fat chances that he will release anything (aka does same as past 2 years).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well he posts something and that usually means that post will be about game being delayed due reason a-z (i think he is around s so far).

BadmanBaxter

May 28, 2019
Is there a version I can download with the rape scenes in there. You said they were shocking so I now need to see it as it piqued my interest

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
Intelligent scam though. Ended his effort right when the mother scene was about to happen and make the desperate people keep paying him because it was "so close" to being done.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I don't remember when I stopped playing, and I only followed the father route (played the son route just in part one), so I don't know what sort of thing was implied or about to happen.
The thing I do remember is that Gumdrop told people that there will be three acts, and the first one was friendship, the second one was romance and the third one was sex, so I would be surprised if he put actual sex in conclusion of act 1.
That said, I did download every version as they came, ripped pictures out to check them out, and saw some nudity, which seems to go against what he said about his own intentions.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
fotogaik So you said:
I don't remember when I stopped playing
I only followed the father route
played the son route just in part one
The thing I do remember is that Gumdrop told people
So you haven't played the whole game, you don't know what the story is, you can't say if it's good or bad, but you do remember what the dev said 2 years ago about a game that you didn't play?
What are you even doing in this thread if you didn't play the whole game? In 2 years you could've found 30 minutes to play this VN.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Yeah, I do remember what Gumdrop said about how he planned out the game and others can confirm that this is what he claimed.
Which makes it all the more ridiculous that people still support this game. Two years with no updates, only nine parts done out of thirty and people still pay for it.

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
What are you talking about, it's as legit as all the perfect 5* reviews on PSN for The Last of Ma'am part II :ROFLMAO:
I remember Gotti (awful John Travolta film where he starred as some mobster) raised eyebrows because on Rotten Tomatoes, its critics rating was ZERO, but its audience approval score was around 80 for a while--from about 7000 users, which is a lot considering movies which grossed 100x as much had only slightly more user reviews.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Like it would be impossible for a dev to pay like 20-50 bucks a month for a few shills to spam the net for him. It's marketing 101 today. There are youbube channels that are paid to shill for Disney, Hbo, Naughty Dog (what a stupid development that is), Trump, anti-Trump, toothpaste, etc. So when you see an obvious scam like this you have to ask yourself who in their right mind would defend or even excuse a dev like this? The answer is nobody in their right mind. If you think about it at 7k per month paying 500-600 bucks to a few shills to keep the scam going is a pretty good investment.

sob

Apr 3, 2017
Oh yeah I wrote the above because of the Rotten Tomatoes comment. RT is owned by Comcast and AT&T. It's the definition of a shill company. A while ago it was a decent site to judge a movie. Now after a few owners it's just a button for Hollywood.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Like it would be impossible for a dev to pay like 20-50 bucks a month for a few shills to spam the net for him. It's marketing 101 today. There are youbube channels that are paid to shill for Disney, Hbo, Naughty Dog (what a stupid development that is), Trump, anti-Trump, toothpaste, etc. So when you see an obvious scam like this you have to ask yourself who in their right mind would defend or even excuse a dev like this? The answer is nobody in their right mind. If you think about it at 7k per month paying 500-600 bucks to a few shills to keep the scam going is a pretty good investment.
His shills are most definitely more active currently then months ago! I got 2 messages deleted, where I made fun of gumdrop´s abyssal reliability and his relationship with truth! Given that he broke any promise in the last two years and has been proven to be a liar, it is rich that those self-censored reported my posts!:mad:
But I am really curious if he finally brings out Part X on 23th or what assinine excuse he has prepared this time! By Jove, even 3diddly finally got "Katie" completed!:oops:

Feb 18, 2018
What the fuck? So Gumdrop has been holding Part X ransom all this time over animations, but hasn't talked to his animator in 2 months? What the hell is the excuse now? What the fuck has he "supposedly" been doing for MONTHS?

It can't be rendering issues, because he's put out 2 of those god damn pin-up packs since the release date announcement. The graphics card is working just fine buddy! And, the most infuriating part is that no one calls him out on his Discord! Look at these drones just going along with this! "Well... to possibly wait a little more then..."

NO!!!!

It's been 2 fucking years! How the fuck are you just letting this slide? How are people not demanding answers? COME ON!!!!
I think Gumdrop has been dead for some time. He probably made a few renders before dying. Now someone else (probably a family member) has got hold of his account and is posting those renders overtime and milking the situation for as long as possible.
But that's just a Theory! A Game Theory!

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes