VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
BTW, there is no rape scene with our aunt in the latest version. She fully agrees to have sex with us. :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not surprisingly that these silly reports were completely ignored. :KEK:
This is how it ends when you report a game that you don't even own. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Feb 28, 2018
BTW, there is no rape scene with our aunt in the latest version. She fully agrees to have sex with us. :D
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not surprisingly that these silly reports were completely ignored. :KEK:
This is how it ends when you report a game that you don't even own. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:
What's going on with those weird angles and shitty lighting? Is the whole game like this? I haven't played it yet.

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
Yep and the dialogue is the pretty much the same. I appreciate some good story telling and sophisticated language, but this game just tries way too hard a lot of the time.
While I can agree with statement that the dev isn't reliable, the story itself was pretty nice. It was probably one of the best on this site. Even now, most new titles are focused on sex instead of story. Like, Milfy City or Man of the House - they are not bad games, but their stories are very weak.
To measure story maturity, everyone should ask themselves - would the game still make sense without sex? Could it be adapted in a serious drama movie or book? In most cases, the answer is no.

Reactions: dozermant

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
What's going on with those weird angles and shitty lighting? Is the whole game like this? I haven't played it yet.
This scene takes place at night, where the characters don't want to wake up the household. What light did you expect?
As for weird angles - no, not whole game is like this, but such scenes are still pretty common.
Here you have an example gameplay:

Last edited:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
This scene takes place at night, where the characters don't want to wake up the household. What light did you expect?
As for weird angles - no, not whole game is like this, but such scenes are still pretty common.
Here you have an example gameplay:
It's called the 'Dutch' angle, it's supposed to be used in a way to usually help create an unsettling mood or convey some tension, Gumdrops freely abuses it and has it haphazardly thrown in throughout the whole game (thus entirely losing its impact).

This is because this game is not 'art' but more an imitation of what it thinks is 'art.' It understands the rudimentary principles of how to look and maybe even feel artistic, but it lacks the soul of actually having something real to say, and is really little more than the shallow reflection of a developer pretty much on a borderline narcissistic power trip with his gullible followers, half torn between a desire to just keep the cash rolling in and half because he genuinely believes his own self made prophecy that he's the dev whose gonna deliver unto us and the world his 'magnum opus.'

But really, the only latin that should apply to this game is Res ipsa loquitur.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
While I can agree with statement that the dev isn't reliable, the story itself was pretty nice.
I'd say it could be nice if it was actually going anywhere, besides the fact that there was no update for like 1 1/2 at least, maybe even 2 years already it was too complicated and tried way too hard to sound too sophisticated. It's like one of those politicians or professors that use way too many loanwords and such without getting to the point.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
While I can agree with statement that the dev isn't reliable, the story itself was pretty nice. It was probably one of the best on this site. Even now, most new titles are focused on sex instead of story. Like, Milfy City or Man of the House - they are not bad games, but their stories are very weak.
To measure story maturity, everyone should ask themselves - would the game still make sense without sex? Could it be adapted in a serious drama movie or book? In most cases, the answer is no.
You are comparing apples to oranges. Milfy City and MotH are sandbox quest games where you try to fuck your family. Dual Family is completely story focused and linear. Better comparisons would be Light of My Life or WVM.

If we measure it as a story, it's interesting and the characters are good but it meanders along and is way too verbose. Combined with the weird angle shots and brooding nature, it tries to be too art-house for it's own good. That said, I enjoyed it immensely and it's just a shame GD turned out to be a fraudulent scammer.

Jan 9, 2019
The "story" (was there even a story to begin with?) was always trash. I highlighted all the glaring problems with it in my review. People are clinging to a game they don't seem to remember. This was always a mediocre game, a cringy exaggerated melodrama that went nowhere (quite literally, since it's purely a scam now). Nowadays there are plenty of superior games in every single aspect: story, lighting, coding, gameplay, branching, etc. Acting Lessons is a good example of what the standards are. This scam could never keep up.

The obsession many people still have with this can't be explained rationally, hence why we are here. Seems like the mere inclusion of incest just breaks people's brains and they forget about everything else.

Last edited:

bozoplace

Dec 7, 2019
The "story" (was there even a story to begin with?) was always trash. I highlighted all the glaring problems with it in my review. People are clinging to a game they don't seem to remember. This was always a mediocre game, a cringy exaggerated melodrama that went nowhere (quite literally, since it's purely a scam now). Nowadays there are plenty of superior games in every single aspect: story, lighting, coding, gameplay, branching, etc. Acting Lessons is a good example of what the standards are. This scam could never keep up.

The obsession many people still have with this can't be explained rationally, hence why we are here. Seems like the mere inclusion of incest just breaks people's brains and they forget about everything else.
I beg to differ, the story was great, but the game was a prick tease and was abanded before any real action started, that was the real big let down.

Reactions: blackmagic616

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
is there a similar game like dual family ?
Not really. DAST (Doctor Amana: Sexual Therapist) has solid story, but it's still more focused on sex. Locked Away is also nice, but it's a Sci-Fi game (supernatural abilities) with quite a lot of sex. All Tlaero's game have good story, but again - there is much more sex. Scarlet Spire doesn't have sexual content at all, but characters are not so intriguing as Karen or Mara (hoodie girl).

Reactions: Fleurcity
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes